Share | .

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Uli and James, great that you posted pics of some of the other figures in the list. Nice cooperation!

Also the differences between the Kenner and Lili Ledy Paploo became suddenly very clear now.

Keep on posting guys!.

Tomorrow I will post some pics of the Emperor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:08 pm

THE EMPEROR

COO guide for The Emperor

NOTE: COO #2, #3, and #4 differ only in very subtle ways with respect to the exact position of the symbols in “© LFL 1984”. They therefore belong to the same COO family and do not indicate any mould differences. All Lili Ledy Emperors in my collection have COO #4 (‘’©” is at the same level as “LFL”).
Maybe Lili Ledy also used the steelmoulds for COO #2 (no space between “©” and “L”) and COO #3 (“©” is upshifted relative to “LFL”) So in case you have a Ledy Emperor with COO #2 or #3, please post pics in this thread.

IMPORTANT:
COO #4 is not unique to Lili Ledy, it was also used by Kenner!! Only the figures which were released on MIM cards have an unique COO (you can read more about this in the Introduction on the first page of this thread).

COO #4

Emperor: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #4 (middle), Lili Ledy COO #4 (right).

Emperor: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #4 (middle), Lili Ledy COO #4 (right).

Emperor: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #4 (right).

Lili Ledy Emperors with COO #4 (same two figures as in the pictures shown above).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Emperor has:
- A darker grey cloak
- Glossy in stead of matt white paint on face and hands

The COO #4 on the Ledy Emperor looks a bit worn with less details. For instance the ‘©’ is more like a big dot and you can hardly recognize the “c” anymore. Similar worn or weathered moulds have also been observed for the Lili Ledy Yoda and Gamorrean Guard. It might indicate that Lili Ledy used old steel moulds which were used for full scale production in the Far East before. It might also be an artifact during casting of the figures due to different processing conditions and/or  a different composition of the plastics used by Lili Ledy.

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:
The small paint differences between the different Emperor figures (bright or pale yellow eyes, size of the pupils) which can be seen in the pictures below are due to small batch to batch variations in the Emperor line.

ACCESSORIES

STAFF:
The LL Emperor carries a black Chief Chirpa staff which has a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The stick has a small "L".

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:11 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Fantastic thread Marco!

Jason
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:21 am

SY SNOOTLES and the REBO BAND

SY SNOOTLES

COO guide for SY SNOOTLES

Note: COO #1 and 2 have only slight differences and are from the same family and therefore can both exist on ledy figures.  The only difference between the two is the spacing on the left leg.

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from UK)

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy SY Snootles has:
* Pale Yellow Skin
* Pale blue spots
* Unique spray mask for spots
* Cream head feather
* Round Eyes

ACCESSORIES

SKIRT:
The LL SY SNOOTLES wears a skirt the same as kenner.  The ledy skirt has been confirmed to have the letter “A” on the front inside of it. Other letters may exist??  The skirt plastic feels stiffer than the kenner counter part and appears slightly lighter brown (though this may be batch to batch difference in plastic as it is very subtle)

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Silver from UK).

Centre: COO #1 (Lili Ledy).

SY SNOOTLES Mic

The ledy Sy Snootles uses a mic the same as kenner figures.  The ledy mic is silver in color, has 2 mold circles on the left aside and the top mold circle pushes out.

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Black from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Black from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from UK).

DROOPY MCCOOL

COO guide for Droopy McCool

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from UK), COO #1 (from Spain).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from UK).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Droopy has:
* Darker Flesh
* Darker Pants
* Darker Nose

ACCESSORIES

FLUTE:
The LL Droopy McCool carries a flute the same as kenner.  The flute is black in color.

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Silver from Spain), COO #1 (from UK).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Silver from Spain), COO #1 (from UK).

Droopy McCool Mic

The ledy Droopy McCool uses a mic the same as kenner figures.  The ledy mic is silver in color, has a mold circle above the base, has a small tip.

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (Black from Spain), COO #1 (from UK).[/quote]

MAX REBO

COO guide for Max Rebo

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Max has:
* Darker Blue, limbs don't fade
* Darker Pink eye detail
* Bigger pupils

ACCESSORIES

PIANO:

The Ledy Max comes with a piano the same as its kenner counterpart.  The ledy piano shows the following characteristics:
* BRONZE Detail around sides
* DARK Grey
* 4 Injector Pin Marks on underside
* NO COO
* MOULD DEFECT inside Max's hole
* ROUGH dimples on paino arm (x6)
* TWO injector pin mark under arm
* THIN outer edge under arm
* WIDE ribs on backrest

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain), COO #1 (from UK), COO #2 (from UK).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #2 (from UK).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy), COO #1 (from Spain).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy).

From left to right: COO #2 (from Spain).

From left to right: COO #1 (Lili Ledy).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To echo Jason this is a cool thread, great work guys and some good photo comparisons.

Adding Stef's Lili Ledy Rebo band guide here.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide

Last edited by ArtooDetour on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:38 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Stef's LL Rebo band guide)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:38 am

Thank you for your positive comments guys!

Paul I agree that pic is pretty freaky, but I did not mean to scare you. In case you have nightmares again, just think about other triplets:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 am

lol!

Marco, thank you, I can now confirm that the nightmares have, indeed, stopped.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I don't mean to cause a riot with this post- Dr Dengar- I think your thread is good and helpful , the pictures and overall presentation is great- I am just a bit confused where the TIG ledy guide has gone? It went from number 1 concern to back burner, to a kind of defunct project? - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Ledy-Guide-Homepage-h8.htm

I can't help but think instead of having two threads/guides that are doing an almost identical job - the tig guide could be being worked on and expanded instead? True I don't know whats going on behind closed doors since I am not on the mod team any more but a while back it was top priority and you had shed loads of people helping out and now it seems to have stopped?

Just a thought- why not pool all this together and get things back on track? The tig ledy guide is buried in that tig interactive thing that no-one probably clicks on anyway and it was all coming together so fast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Joe the TIG LL guide involves a lot of computer cutting & codes & shit ( I know nothing about) which takes heaps of time- I'm sure this thread will be used to assist in getting the 'main' guide moving again Smile I'm sure it will become a top priority in the new year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Cool James, glad it is gonna be worked on again in 2011 I would hate it to be something that gets left unfinished, it was all going so fast back then it seems to have just dried up ( I know its a lot of work but the figures were going up almost every week/2 weeks - did people who were contributing just get bored/snowed under with other things? )

Wouldn't it be an idea to put people like Dr Dengar on the dev team in the new year to pool all the information together for the guide? I know its here to use again in the case of this thread but its nicer having it "unveiled" for us in the guide than just being copied and used for the guide if you know what I mean?

pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 am

Hey Joe, thanks for sharing your concerns here.

I am a big fan of the TIG Lili Ledy guide and I really wish to see it develop into THE complete LL compendium on the net. I am sure it will get there one day, but it will take some time (1-2 years?) because I can imagine it involves - as James said - a lot of photo editing, HTML coding etc. during the development team’s sparse moments of leisure time.

The goal of this thread was to exchange information about LL figures which are hard to identify and therefore might fulfill a current need among fellow collectors. In case this thread existed half year ago I probably wouldn't have bought a Ackbar, Chewie, and Rancor Keeper on ebay which looked and were labelled as Lili Ledy though in the end they were not. Other collectors might share similar experiences with the same or other figures as well.

I hope more TIG members will post their pics in this thread so we will have some sort of a community built quick LL reference guide very soon. The advantage of this thread is the speed at which it can develop into a 'quick and dirty' Lili Ledy overview imo. Combining the two different lines (TIG guide and this thread) is a good idea, but it comes at the price of slowing down LL info to the community imo, as the photo editing etc. seems to be rate limiting in the whole process.

But no worries, this 'quick and dirty' guide will never be a match to the real thing, that is the TIG Lili Guide cause it lacks its structure and completeness (paint variations, COO, weapons, capes, cards all together for one figure on one site). This said, the moment the TIG LL guide would be complete, this thread has no function any longer. I hope this moment will come the sooner the better. Personally, if I can contribute to this process somehow, I would be more than happy to do so, though my LL collection is modest.

Cheers,

DD

BTW: I have just edited the text as the morning version did not exactly match my thoughts. I guess that might be a common thing when English is not your native language. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Guys just to update we will be re hitting the lili ledy guy after new years day with at least 3 - 4 figures going on the guide in Jan 2011 alone Smile

Also Marco has kindly offered to help with the guide as well Smile

Just to add these types of threads are incredibly important in terms of collating and discussing info as they are the research platforms we utilised as each figure is researched for the guide Smile

Here are some other great TIG Ledy discussion threads on the forum as well –

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/lili-ledy-merged-topics-t869.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/lily-ledy-admiral-ackbar-t741.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/lili-ledy-rebel-commander-t844.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/lili-ledy-factory-t319.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/ledy-photos-t1295.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/fake-or-realledy-burgundy-cape-t1248.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/mim-squidhead-ledy-characteristics-t756.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/need-help-on-nikto-lili-ledy-t1878.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/ledy-rem-limbs-c-3po-t977.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/tig-developers-forum-f11/lili-ledy-wicket-post-everything-here-t1345.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/interesting-lili-ledy-royal-guard-t2040.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/watch-out-section-f7/lili-ledy-jawas-t936.htm?highlight=ledy
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-star-wars-chat-f1/interesting-lili-ledy-royal-guard-t2040.htm?highlight=ledy

Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:29 pm

KLAATU SKIFF GUARD

COO guide for Klaatu Skiff Guard

NOTE: COO #1 and #2 differ only in very subtle ways with respect to the exact position of the symbols in “©️ L.F.L. 1983”. To be honest the differences are that subtle, I don’t even see them Very Happy. Wolff? Anyway, clearly these COOs belong to the same COO family and do not indicate any mould differences.
IMPORTANT: The Lili Ledy Klaatu Skiff Guard appears with COO #2 (and COO #1), which were both used by Kenner as well.

COO #2 (≈ COO #1)

Klaatu Skiff Guard: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #2 black hood (middle), Lili Ledy COO #2 unpainted hood (right).

Klaatu Skiff Guard: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #2 black hood (middle), Lili Ledy COO #2 unpainted hood (right).

Klaatu Skiff Guard: Kenner COO #1 (left), Lili Ledy COO #2 (right).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Klaatu Skiff Guard has:
- A lighter brown collar plate, belt, and pouch
- Lighter brown boots (though they can also be darker, see further below)
- A less tanned helmet
- A darker green skin on face and hands

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Major Variations:
The LL Klaatu Skiff Guard has two major variations, with either a black or unpainted ("white") hood. The Kenner version has a brown hood (see the pics above).

Small Variations:
The black hood Klaatu has been confirmed with lighter brown boots (see pics above) and darker brown boots (see pic below)  

AFA graded Lili Ledy Klaatus: Unpainted (“white”) hood with light brown boots (left), Black hood with dark brown boots (right).
Pic made by Hutthunter.

ACCESSORIES

VIBROBLADE:
The LL Klaatu Skiff Guard carries a darker grey vibroblade which is made from a different mould compared to its Kenner counterpart. The Ledy vibroblade has a thicker blade and top compared to Kenner.
In addition the Ledy vibroblade can have a small "A" or "B", but also appears w/o any letter.

(Klaatu Skiff Guard at 6:06.)

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:09 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:16 pm

PRUNE FACE

COO guide for Prune Face

NOTE: COO #1 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.

COO #1

Prune Face COO #1: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (middle), Lili Ledy (right).

Prune Face COO #1: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Prune Face has:
- A darker more pinkish skin on face and hands.
- A darker orange eye
- Darker green pants (when comparing to other Kenner figures which don’t have discolored pants like the one in the picture above Very Happy).
- Darker green boots and belt

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:
The small paint differences between the Prune Face figures which can be seen in the picture below are due to small batch to batch variations in the Prune Face line:
- Orientation of the eye: Can differ among figures, compare the middle to the right figure (similar like observed for Kenner’s Hammerhead).
- Eye patch:  Can be matt or glossy, compare the middle figure (matt patch) to the right figure (glossy patch). This is typical for Ledy. The appearance of matt and glossy black paint is also observed for other LL figures like Biker Scout (arms, legs) General Madine (boots), AT-ST driver (belt, boots), Leia Endor (boots).

ACCESSORIES

RIFLE:
Prune Face came with a Western style V1 mould rifle. The mould is not unique for Ledy as it was also used by Kenner. The main difference is the colour of the used plastic: reddish brown (Lili Ledy) vs brown (Kenner).

REMARK: In TIG’s reference guide the V3 mould (see below) has been uniquely linked to Lili Ledy. This is wrong IMO, and should be updated.
EDIT: Confirmed by OZIO. Very Happy

V3 mould rifle. Having mould circles on the opposite site compared to the V1 mould.
Source: http://www.imperialgunnery.com/theriflessection.htm

CLOAK:
The Ledy Prune Face carries a cloak which is made from a thicker felt like fabric compared to Kenner’s. Therefore the Ledy cloak does not bend as easily as the Kenner cape does
There are two cloak variants differing in colour and cross hatch pattern of the used fabric (see pic below).

Prune Face cloaks: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy variant 1 (middle), Lili Ledy variant 2 (right).

(Prune Face at 6:48).

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:03 pm

REBEL COMMANDER

COO guide for Rebel Commander

NOTE: COO #4 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.

COO #4

Rebel Commander COO#4: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Rebel Commander has
- a less pinkish paint on the face
- a reddish brown instead of brown paint used for the moustache, eyes, and eye brows
- darker brown boots (but the boots can also be lighter brown, see further below!)
- a grey brown instead of a brown scar
- a depressed state of mind as he feels quite lonely at Echo Base without his Hoth friends (Rebel Soldier, Leia, Han, Luke) which were never released by Lili Ledy. Very Happy

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:
The Ledy Rebel Commander came with two types of boot colours: dark and light brown. Pictures will be added in due time.

ACCESSORIES

BOWCASTER:
The Ledy Rebel Commander came with a V2 mould bowcaster. This mould was also used by Kenner. The Ledy bowcaster is cast in very black plastic which is distinct from the matt blue/black plastic that Kenner used.

(Rebel Commander (Bren Derlin) from 11:51).

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:15 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 am

@aussiejames wrote:
I'm never sure with the Rebel Commander (LL on left ?)

James, I would say your rebel Commander on the left is LL. He has the grey scarf, the reddish brown moustache, and the darker boots.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 am

Smile

LL in the middle- notice the brown hair is longer & pale face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 am

2 LLs in the middle. The key is the pale plastic faces? Maybe slightly glossier brown paint?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:02 pm

LEIA BOUSHH

COO guide for Leia Boushh

NOTE: COO #2 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.
COO #2 differs from COO #1 in having a large instead of a small “©” in “© L F L 83”

Leia Boushh COO#2: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (middle + right).

NOTE: There are two different sculpts for Boushh figures with a Hong Kong COO, as you can see here.
- Figures having COO #1 (with a small “©” in “© L F L 83”) have sculpt 1 (two 'dots' on the buckle).
- Figures having COO #2 (with a large “©” in “© L F L 83”) have sculpt 2 (only one 'dot' on the buckle). All Ledy figures have COO #2 and therefore sculpt 2.

Source: http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/leiaboushh.php  

Source: http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/leiaboushh.php

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to her Kenner counterpart, the Lili Ledy Leia Boushh has
- darker more glossy brown pants, torso, and arms.
- darker brown hair, eyes, and eye brows.
- a face which is sculpted in a glossy slightly tanned plastic instead of pinkish plastic.  

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:
Small variations occur with respect to:
- the darkness of the brown paint used for the pants, torso, and arms: dark brown (figures 3,4 in the pics below) and very dark brown (figure 5).
- the details of the eyes and eye brows.

Leia Boushh COO#2: From left to right: 1 (Kenner), 2 (Ledy), 3 (Ledy), 4 (Ledy).
The Kenner figure was included to visualize the colour differences of the brown pants, torso, and arms. Light brown (1), dark brown (2+3), very dark brown (4).

Lili Ledy Boushh figures. From left to right we see figures 2,3, and 4 from the pic above.

ACCESSORIES

RIFLE:
The Ledy Boushh came with rifle which is made from the same mould as one of its Kenner counterparts. The only difference is that the plastic of the Ledy rifle seems to be matt.

HELMET:
The Ledy Boushh helmet has the same mould as Kenner's Hong Kong helmet. The Ledy helmet is cast in a bit duller orange plastic compared to the Kenner helmets. In addition the grey paint on top is a bit more silver like.
The Ledy helmets have little letters inside. ´F´, ´G´ or ´H´ have been confirmed for Ledy sofar. Remember, also Kenner Hong Kong helmets have letters inside ('B', 'C', 'F', ...), so this is not a distinctive Ledy trait!! It just means - as stated before - that the same steel moulds were used to produce these helmets.

The Lili Ledy Boushh helmet also appears unpainted. This is a rare overstock helmet.

Ledy Boushh with unpainted Ledy overstock helmet

Ledy Boushh with unpainted Ledy overstock helmet

REMARK: The unpainted helmet is Ledy overstock. It has the same colour as the Ledy production helmet (which differs from the colour of the Kenner helmet). Moreover there are no signs of paint stripping. The surface of the helmet is very smooth and glossy.
If you like you can read more about unpainted Boushh helmets in this thread.

SOME BACKGROUND ON HELMETS IN GENERAL:
Some general background about the differences between Hong Kong and Taiwan type moulds of the Boushh helmet. Both helmets in the pics below are Kenner.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:15 am

Marco your right figure looks good to me.
I think the key is the plastic the head is molded in (less pink)

LL in the middle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:35 am

Ok that's cool! Very Happy

I edited the last bullet in the comments: tanned instead of pinkish face.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:45 pm

EMPEROR´S ROYAL GUARD

COO guide for Emperor´s Royal Guard

NOTE: COO #5 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.

Emperor´s Royal Guard COO #5: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Emperor´s Royal Guard has:
- a darker red helmet.
- a matt black instead of glossy black visor.
- limbs and body which are cast in a darker red (a bit purple like) plastic.
- a darker red cloak made from a different fabric. At the inner side of the Kenner cloak you can clearly see the ribbon ("stripes") like pattern in the fabric, whereas these ribbons are lacking in the Ledy cloak.

NOTE: It might well be that the Ledy visors can also be glossy black. The appearance of matt and glossy black paint is also observed for other LL figures like Biker Scout (arms, legs) General Madine (boots), AT-ST driver (belt, boots), Leia Endor (boots).

VARIATIONS:

There is an interesting variant of the LL ERG cloak having the arm slit at the opposite side (left instead of right). See the pics below.

Lili Ledy ERG cloak variants having the arm slit at different positions.

Only if you really want this you can apparently change the relative position of the arm slit yourself to create your own ´variant´. Don't sue me when this goes wrong. Very Happy  
You can read more here.

ACCESSORIES

FORCE PIKE

The LL ERG carries a force pike having a V2 mould, which can be recognized by the little mould circles (as described in TIG's weapon guide). The Ledy pikes are cast in two shades of grey plastic: grey and dark grey.  
Kenner also made V2 mould pikes, but like the V1 mould pikes these are cast in light grey plastic and are therefore different from the Ledy pikes.    

REMARK: In the pic below a comparison is made between Ledy pikes (V2) and a Kenner pike (V1).  

Force Pikes: Comparison between Lili Ledy and Kenner

Ledy Emperor with his Ledy guards.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:59 am

This is a great thread and I think I may have spent quite a bit of time over the last couple of months searching through a lot of false info on the net, Very confusing to a new comer but with this sort of thread I'm getting there slowly. Cheers fellas. What do you think about the top 2 weapons in this pick, are they ledy?

Last edited by snaggletooth on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi Scott,

First of all, welcome aboard welcome

There is an entry about bespin blasters here on TIG.

According to the guide there are five different moldings.

The blue V1 molding was used by Lili Ledy and Kenner. The blue V1 gun in the top right corner of your pic might therefore be LL. The DARK grey V1 molding was exclusively issued with the LL Squid Head and LL Lando Bespin. So I think you are lucky to have the gun in the top left corner.

BTW: The blue gun in the middle of your pic has the V5 molding.
I have three LL Squid Heads and they all came with a dark grey V5 instead of V1 gun. The TIG entry mentions nothing about the V5 gun being issued by Lili Ledy. That makes me wonder why you see these V5 guns so often with LL Squids. Do they have really nothing to do with LL Squids? Anyone has an idea?

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:50 pm

I too believe V5 can be LL.
@aussiejames wrote:
@wbobafett wrote:
(A lot of people think this mold in darkgrey is Ledy....I dont thnik so...the mold MUST be different to be genuine Ledy....but as I said....Im pretty alone on this one, although my gun came from card!)!

Regards

Wolff

Ledy MOCs with different guns Wink
despite MOC 'proof' that both have appeared on LL cards there are doubters scratch
[img][/img]
EDIT I can only wish these MOCs are part of my collection

Last edited by aussiejames on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:40 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Scott,

First of all, welcome aboard welcome

There is an entry about bespin blasters here on TIG.

According to the guide there are five different moldings.

The blue V1 molding was used by Lili Ledy and Kenner. The blue V1 gun in the top right corner of your pic might therefore be LL. The grey V1 molding was exclusively issued with the LL Squid Head and LL Lando Bespin. So I think you are lucky to have the gun in the top left corner.

BTW: The blue gun in the middle of your pic has the V5 molding.
I have three LL Squid Heads and they all came with a dark grey V5 instead of V1 gun. The TIG entry mentions nothing about the V5 gun being issued by Lili Ledy. That makes me wonder why you see these V5 guns so often with LL Squids. Do they have really nothing to do with LL Squids? Anyone has an idea?

Thanks for the welcome Doc

I seen that about the blasters on TIG and thought they where both Ledy but as I'm new to this and that was the first grey blaster i picked up, thought I better ask. You say the one in the top right in my pic could be ledy, How can I tell? was all blue in this mold issued with ledy or was it only a certain shade of blue? I didn't know that the V5 molding was issued with ledy figures as well, i put it in the pic to show the handle sizes, S M L from bottom to top. Was it only luke bespin issued with the blue ledy bespin blaster?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-