Share | .

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri May 13, 2011 10:16 am

Hi Dr Dengar, can you make the same pictures with the YPS so we can see if we have an original YPS ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri May 13, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Lars,

I am glad to help you but I am not sure what you mean exactly. Would you like to see comparison pics between this Snowtrooper from Mexico and an YPS trooper?

I think an YPS trooper has a different COO (no. 10-17 in Wolf's scheme).

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Lars,

I am glad to help you but I am not sure what you mean exactly. Would you like to see comparison pics between this Snowtrooper from Mexico and an YPS trooper?

I think an YPS trooper has a different COO (no. 10-17 in Wolf's scheme).

No I want to see pictures of the YPS Trooper, only the YPS. I am a little bit confused about my own YPS.

And thanks again for all the help.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Gamorrean Guard

COO guide for Gamorrean Guard: No. 4 is unique for Lili Ledy

NOTE:

• The Ledy Gamorrean Guard has an unique COO (no. 4). In the pics below a comparison is made with a Kenner Gam Guard having COO no. 5.

Gamorrean Guard: Lili Ledy on the right

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner (no COO) counterpart, the Ledy Gamorrean Guard has:
- helmet with a brown instead of silver tip at the front (close to the forehead)
- bright yellow instead of pale yellow horns, eyes, and teeth
- a darker green skin (arms, legs, face): keep in mind however that some Kenner Gam Guards can also have a darker green skin, see the ‘family picture’ below
- a darker grey armour (same remark)
- darker brown cloths
- an unique COO (COO no. 4)

The Gamorrean Clan

ACCESSORIES
The Ledy Gamorrean Guard carries an axe having a shaft which is shorter and much more detailed compared to a Kenner axe. The shaft of the Ledy axe can be brown and dark brown.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 17, 2011 11:27 pm

Marco your a ledy machine.
I'm on a LL rollercoaster ride and i don't want the ride to end. Very Happy
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Those Ledy axes are alot more nicer and detailed looking then the Kenner version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed May 18, 2011 5:51 am

Which axes are molded in brown or silver plastic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed May 18, 2011 6:09 am

@aussiejames wrote:
Which axes are molded in brown or silver plastic?

From the close up pics it appears that the V3 and V4 (=Ledy) mould axes were both molded in brown plastic (silver paint applied).

I don't know about the V1 and V2 moulds. Anyone?

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed May 18, 2011 7:40 am

Awesome work on the Gamorrean Guard Marco cheers

As Marco highlighted this thread is an opotunity for the community to discuss the Ledy Figures and ensure that we create together the best quality Lili Ledy Guide possible Smile Once information has been confirmed it is then built into the TIG Lili Ledy Guide located in the TIG Interactive section.

Here is a link to the Ledy Guide Homepage - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Ledy-Guide-Homepage-h8.htm

Theres still lots of Lili Ledy Figures in this thread that need discussion so the more people that get involved the better Smile

Jay

Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat May 21, 2011 8:08 am

Chief Chirpa

COO guide for Chief Chirpa: No. 6 is unique for Lili Ledy

NOTE:

• The Ledy Chief Chirpa has an unique COO (no. 6). In the pics below a comparison is made with a Kenner Chirpa having COO no. 2.

Chief Chirpa: Lili Ledy on the right

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner ("H.K.") counterpart, the Ledy Chief Chirpa has:

- a differently sculpted amulet (see pic below)
- an unique COO (COO no. 6).

ACCESSORIES

• The Ledy Chief Chirpa carries a brown staff with a little "L".

• The Ledy Chief Chirpa carries a brown hood which is a shade darker compared to the Kenner hood. Inside there is a big mould circle.

LEDY VARIATIONS
Due to Lili Ledy’s inconsistent quality control small variations of the Ledy Chirpa may exist, as is the case for many other Ledy figures. Below is an example of two Ledy Chief Chirpas having different eye sizes.

Lili Ledy Chirpas having different eye sizes

Lili Ledy Chirpas having different eye sizes

Chief and Logray at 1:11

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat May 21, 2011 5:43 pm

oOh snap, turns out I have a Ledy Chirpa without a weapon. Score one for the good guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 pm

@Yr1977 wrote:
oOh snap, turns out I have a Ledy Chirpa without a weapon. Score one for the good guys.

Congrats on the loose Ledy Chirpa and good luck hunting the staff. Very Happy
Is the hood Ledy?
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
@Yr1977 wrote:

Congrats on the loose Ledy Chirpa and good luck hunting the staff. Very Happy
Is the hood Ledy?

Yea, the hood too. Im kicking myself though cos i hade a black staff but that I though was a repo,may have sold it!! Gonna have a hunt and try find it. Hope ive still got it. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun May 22, 2011 10:53 pm

In a RebelScum post from 2001, Todd Chamberlain wrote:

These would be my assessments of "value" as it were of the major variations in near mint condition:
  • Red Cape Squid $100
  • Burghundy cape Bib $100
  • Rough cape Han Trench $80
  • Cloud Car Pilot (bright yellow gloves and boots) $50+ if really nice. the paint on these is really poor and I haven't seen one better than low c8. It's one of the rarest carded ledy's.
  • Emperor with Chief Chirpa cane $45
  • Klaatu with hair apron $25
  • Stormtrooper (different plastic, sharper detail) $25-30

Some of these prices reflect actual sales (Bib, Squid) while others are just guesses based on how hard I've found a piece to be to find. There are several other figures with noticeable paint and weapon differences that I'd guess might sell for $15-25.

I thought about sharing this: While digging through the archives of RebelScum, I encountered this list of prices for Ledy figures posted back in 2001. Ten years later, the demand for Lili Ledy figures has increased a lot apparently, resulting in prices which are tripled, quadrupled, or even more. Click here for the RSthread.

Time to invest in a time machine to save some serious cash. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun May 22, 2011 11:00 pm

@Yr1977 wrote:

Yea, the hood too. Im kicking myself though cos i hade a black staff but that I though was a repo,may have sold it!! Gonna have a hunt and try find it. Hope ive still got it. No

There are also black repro staffs in circulation, see the pic below taken from TIG's weapon guide.

Check here: http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thestaffsaxessection.htm

Do you know where your black staff came from?
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun May 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I got it with the figure if my memory serves me well. Yea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Mon May 23, 2011 11:11 am

I love this post.

Is it just me or does it looks like there is some kind of extra sole under the feet of the Lili Ledy Admiral Ackbar ?

I have an Admiral Ackbar that has that kind of sole under the feet, the other ackbar's I have does not have that sole.

Also the colors is different on the figure.

Could it be a Lili Ledy figure ?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
In a RebelScum post from 2001, Todd Chamberlain wrote:

These would be my assessments of "value" as it were of the major variations in near mint condition:
  • Red Cape Squid $100
  • Burghundy cape Bib $100
  • Rough cape Han Trench $80
  • Cloud Car Pilot (bright yellow gloves and boots) $50+ if really nice. the paint on these is really poor and I haven't seen one better than low c8. It's one of the rarest carded ledy's.
  • Emperor with Chief Chirpa cane $45
  • Klaatu with hair apron $25
  • Stormtrooper (different plastic, sharper detail) $25-30

Some of these prices reflect actual sales (Bib, Squid) while others are just guesses based on how hard I've found a piece to be to find. There are several other figures with noticeable paint and weapon differences that I'd guess might sell for $15-25.

I thought about sharing this: While digging through the archives of RebelScum, I encountered this list of prices for Ledy figures posted back in 2001. Ten years later, the demand for Lili Ledy figures has increased a lot apparently, resulting in prices which are tripled, quadrupled, or even more. Click here for the RSthread.

Time to invest in a time machine to save some serious cash. Very Happy

WOW, I read the whole post and I thought , DAMN , where I can get those prices?, until I saw the date ( 2001). lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Mon May 23, 2011 8:12 pm

@pomse2001 wrote:
I love this post.

Is it just me or does it looks like there is some kind of extra sole under the feet of the Lili Ledy Admiral Ackbar ?

I have an Admiral Ackbar that has that kind of sole under the feet, the other ackbar's I have does not have that sole.

Also the colors is different on the figure.

Could it be a Lili Ledy figure ?

Hi Lars,

Interesting stuff!

The Ledy Ben Kenobi has a thicker sole, but I haven't noticed this before for the Ledy Ackbar. As the Ledy Ackbar is such a tough figure to identify, any possible specific Ledy trait will be much welcomed, and needs full attention. Very Happy
However from the pics on Ackbar's entry (page 1) I could not see any difference regarding the thickness of the soles. But off course it is always difficult to notice any subtle differences if you don't have the figures in your hands.

Could you make some pics of your Ackbar please? Best thing would be to have comparison pics next to a Kenner Ackbar.

Maybe other TIG members could check their Ledy Ackbar as well and give some feedback here.

@ Alfonso: Sorry to let you scare so much! Very Happy I wonder how high the Ledy prices will be in 2021.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 24, 2011 5:37 am

Here is the pictures of the 2 Hong Kong Variants of Admiral Ackbar.

The Left one on the pictures has the same sole as the Lili Ledy you have. I have pointed out the sole for you.

But I don't know if my Admiral Ackbar is a Lili Ledy, I also have 2 Admiral Ackbar in Kenner bags that looks just like the figure to the left.

But maybe the eyes is not brown on my figures. What do you think ?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 am

Ledy Ackbar is IMO one of the hardest to determine:

Ledy on the left, middle may be Ledy tongue , right figure same COO not ledy BUT has the 'extra' sole

I look for the yellow stripe being more yellow, browner eyes but I'm still never sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 24, 2011 10:05 am

Very tough figure indeed!

As James said, the Hong Kong COO, the bright yellow stripes down the pants, and the pale yellow eyes with reddish brown pupils are also the things I look for.

Pics provided by Ozio:

Admiral Ackbar: Lili Ledy on the right

Admiral Ackbar: Lili Ledy on the right

More Ledy traits: the lighter red head and glossy arms? (see the discussion below)

@Dr Dengar wrote:
@wbobafett wrote:
@llseeker wrote:

1. The ackbar pictured is not LL. LL has lighter red head and the paint on the arms is shiny and a little glossy.

Carlos

Thats just wrong! Common mistake on the LL Ackbar! The light red head and shiny arms is pictured in many Ledy guides....but its a normal production figure you can get every day on ebay ! The true Ledy Ackbar is prety unspectacular and I think thats the reason why always this certain variant is called Ledy...but its wrong!

The one pictured could be a ledy....not sure...and to lazy to search mine to compare! Its a pretty tricky figure...but it looks good from mind!

Wolff

The discussion about Ackbar has not yield a conclusive answer yet. Carlos was so kind to send me some pics of his Ackbars.
I hope they will shed some better light on this issue.

I pictured 2 LL ackbars (the 2 on the left) and you will see that one of them has slightly brownish/red arms (1st from the left) and the other has red arms (2nd from the left). The 3rd from the left is a no coo (supposedly made in Macao) fig and the 4th from the left is a regular HK coo Kenner dude.

Clearly the LL's heads are lighter red as you can also see in the MOC example.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Damn, Admiral Ackbar is really a tricky figure :idea:

About Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard from Lili Ledy.

Is this stamp a positiv ID ?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue May 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Congrats Lars, that is a Ledy Lando Skiff!
Unlike Ackbar this figure has an unique Ledy COO not shared by Kenner, which makes it relatively easy to spot him. He has also a darker skin (hands, face).

Lando Skiff: Lili Ledy on the right

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-