International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 am

@Joe_O wrote:
On another note snaggletooth - to help you get clearer shots, if your camera has this setting on it -

Turn it on and snap the picture so it all stays in focus, you should then be able to get really nice in focus shots, its never easy identifying anything if the pictures arent clear, especially weapons.

Also hold the camera button half way in until your display goes green (depending on your settings it maybe a box or a cross or similar) once its locked green then push the button down fully to capture the shot in focus.

Jay

snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks for the tips joe and jay but I've been using the camera as you described, it's just shiit lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am

I hate cameras as well mate, no matter what I buy or what I do - I normally can't get them to behave lol

Luckily I read the manual of my latest and getting better results now (funny enough lol) but I did declare it was the shittest camera ever made when I bought it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

LL

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 am

Hi James,

I would say, that gun is a V1 blue rough surface: Lili Ledy (also mind the thicker tip if Ueli's theory seems correct)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 am

It's black, came with my Lando but should go with Han trenchcoat. I really need to sort my picture taking skills out scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 am

@aussiejames wrote:
It's black, came with my Lando but should go with Han trenchcoat. I really need to sort my picture taking skills out scratch

lol!

***** UPDATE ****

BTW: I updated Prune Face's entry in this thread with some interesting information I got from Ozio last night.

***** UPDATE *****
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi guys, interesting thread!!!

Quick notes:

1. The ackbar pictured is not LL. LL has lighter red head and the paint on the arms is shiny and a little glossy.
2. All Paploo figures are LL since they were manufactured exclusively in Mexico (same for Lumat) for worldwide distribution. There are no "Kenner" Paploo or Lumat figures.
3. The pictured Prune Face rifles are all Kenner. LL version is made out of a lighter-reddish plastic.

Best regards

Carlos

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi Carlos,

Great you joined the discussions in this thread, the more members chime in the better.

@llseeker wrote:

1. The ackbar pictured is not LL. LL has lighter red head and the paint on the arms is shiny and a little glossy.

Let's hear what the others have to say about this. Can you post some side-by-side pics of your LL Ackbar with a Kenner Ackbar pls?

@llseeker wrote:

2. All Paploo figures are LL since they were manufactured exclusively in Mexico (same for Lumat) for worldwide distribution. There are no "Kenner" Paploo or Lumat figures.

Could it be that Paploo and Lumat which were released on Lili Ledy cards had slightly different paint jobs compared to the same figures on international cards?
Similarly, acoording to this this thread on MIM cards slightly different paint jobs have also been observed for Lili Ledy figures on LL cards compared to the same figures on Kenner's 'Made in Mexico' cards.
How about the accessories: Are the LL and Kenner bows and hoods the same for Paploo and Lumat?

@llseeker wrote:

3. The pictured Prune Face rifles are all Kenner. LL version is made out of a lighter-reddish plastic.
Interesting! Do you have by any chance some pics of your LL Prune Face rifle with its Kenner counterpart?

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 am

WAMPA OSCURO

COO guide for Hoth Wampa: No. 2 is unique for Lili Ledy.

Hoth wampa: Lili Ledy on the right

Hoth Wampa: Lili Ledy on the right

Comments:

• Except for the horns, the Lili Ledy Wampa is the complete inverse of the Kenner Wampa having a black fur and white eyes and mouth.
  • Though less famous than Kenner’s Blue Snaggletooth, Lili Ledy's black Wampa (‘Wampa Oscuro’) is also the result of some serious miscommunication between Lucas Film Ltd and a toy company prior to developing a new toy figure. Early 1980 before the release of the Empire Strikes Back, Lili Ledy had already obtained a few Wampa moldings from Kenner. To be sure to paint the Wampa in the right colour scheme, Lili Ledy requested Lucas Film to send some pictures. Lucas Film responded by sending a few photo negatives of the Wampa scene to the Lili Ledy factory. A trainee at Lili Ledy's production department opened the mail and communicated the paint colours to his line manager not realizing he was looking at an inverse picture. The mistake was first discovered after the release of the Empire Strikes Back in the cinemas. At that time the Mexico toy stores were already fully stocked with the new ESB toys among them the black Wampas. In an 1984 Lili Ledy catalogue you can see how black Wampa is holding poor Admiral Ackbar in the air (in the background therefore difficult to see).

• You can read more about black Wampa here,  here, and here.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:16 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:17 am

Laughing cheeky bugger. Smile You were meant to keep it a secret- now everyone is going to want one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:19 am

Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:50 am

I want one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

WTF...tomorrow is January the 1st not April.
Awesome piece....never seen before. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Marco - you did a class job! I esp. love the advert as reference!! Smile

Do you own that advert?

Uli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:22 am

:explosion:  :explosion:  :explosion: First of all a happy 2011 to you all.  :explosion:  :explosion:  :explosion:

Sorry about the previous figure.  Evil or Very Mad

Let's continue this thread with some serious stuff: Han Solo Trench Coat, one of my favourite Lili Ledy figures cause he is wearing such a cool coat.  

HAN SOLO Trench Coat

COO guide for Han Solo Trench Coat: No. 2 is shared by Kenner and Lili Ledy.

Han Solo Trench Coat: Lili Ledy on the right

DIFFERENCES:

• The LL Han Solo Trench Coat has:
    - a more pinkish face.
    - different eyes and eye lids.
    - darker brown glossy hair.
    - darker green glossy pants.
    - glossy black boots.
    - creamy white glossy arms.
  • The LL Han Solo Trench Coat carries a black bespin gun (V1 molding)

LILI LEDY VARIATIONS:

• The LL Han Solo Trench Coat wears a trench coat  made from a thicker fabric and with a different colored camouflage pattern. There might be different versions of the LL trench coat? If so pls post some side-by-side pics of the different coats.

Edit: Yesterday a new Han Solo arrived (thanks Jason!). The trench coat of this Han looks a bit different. The coat has reddish brown instead of dark brown 'spots' but is made from the same 'rough' fabric. The coat itself is more reddish too. Somehow it looks like the fabric with the brown spots was washed once, causing the red dye in these spots to be distributed all over the coat, giving it its reddish appearance.  Something similar happens when you wash your new red T-shirt with your white ones at a too high temperature, and you end up with a lot of pink shirts. Very Happy. The two different versions of the coat are also shown on the site of a Japanese collector, strengthening my belief they are really small factory variations.
    These small variations might be due to Lili Ledy's apparent sloppy quality control ("brown or reddish spots, who cares"), and not be considered real variations, I like them nevertheless. Very Happy
    BTW: anybody knows this Japanese collector, he has a huge haul of Lili Ledy stuff.

Han Solo Trench Coat: Both Lili Ledy, different trench coats.

ACCESSORIES
The LL Han Solo Trench Coat carries a black Bespin blaster having the V1 mould.

H: "All right. I understand. Fine. When he comes back, I won't get in the way."
L: "Oh, Han, it's not like that at all. He's my brother."
H: "Yeah sure!! You think I am as dumb as those Death Star engineers who managed to make the same design flaw twice?
You really expect me to believe this brother sister crap?!!"
L: "But Han, it IS the truth..."
H: "Hell no!! So tell me sweetheart, if he is your brother why you seemed to like kissing him so much during the Empire Strikes Back?!
Well you know, I don't even want to know!!
I leave you now with your sweet boring little Jedi prince and will drink some beer with my Wookiee and Ewok friends right over there!!"

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:23 pm

@llseeker wrote:

Carlos

Thats just wrong! Common mistake on the LL Ackbar! The light red head and shiny arms is pictured in many Ledy guides....but its a normal production figure you can get every day on ebay ! The true Ledy Ackbar is prety unspectacular and I think thats the reason why always this certain variant is called Ledy...but its wrong!

The one pictured could be a ledy....not sure...and to lazy to search mine to compare! Its a pretty tricky figure...but it looks good from mind!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Wolff..... I have it MOC on LL card, have the LL loose one from my childhood collection and also have seen many many (literally hundreds) of them here in Mexico, where I live and also the best place where you can find LL ackbars.... trust me, the ackbar pictured is not LL......

Carlos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:14 pm

@llseeker wrote:
Wolff..... I have it MOC on LL card, have the LL loose one from my childhood collection and also have seen many many (literally hundreds) of them here in Mexico, where I live and also the best place where you can find LL ackbars.... trust me, the ackbar pictured is not LL......

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

For the discussion it would be helpful if you could provide us some pics of your Ackbars (MOC, loose). One picture says more than thousand descriptions. Very Happy

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

hey carlos,

which one would you consider a LEDY one then:

All three have the same coo! And for me you described the one on the far right...but this is not Ledy to me! Please check your MOC...thnaks!

I think you can see it on the eyes best!

Wolff

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 am

The Lili Ledy Ackbar is one of the toughest figure to distinguish from its Kenner counterpart. Teebo might be the other one.
So I very much welcome a discussion about this figure here in this thread. However I have some concerns how the discussion tends to develop right now. We learn much more from an open unbiased discussion where everybody:
  • tries not to present their own viewpoint as the absolute truth (even in case one is 100% sure about that Very Happy),
  • respects the other's viewpoint, and
  • tries to provide some evidence (pictures, links) to support their own point of view.

Just my thoughts to stimulate more open (and i.m.o. better) discussions from which we can learn much more in the end.

Ok sofar my serious moment - too long already - , let's continue!

Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 am

Black Wampa =fake= joke. lol!
Marco and John both funny guy's
lol!
whack whack whack whack whack whack

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Dan,

So no more sleepless nights about how to obtain a Black Wampa as well! Very Happy

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:05 am

Ah Marco, greeting's. Very Happy

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-