The Imperial Gunnery Forum


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .
 

 THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Sorry about I asked mr. angry, I just thought this forum was for helping each other.

Sometimes people see things that we do not see.


EDIT Dr Dengar:

C'mon guys be nice to each other. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pomse2001.dk
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi Marco, I also think I am nice Very Happy . I just don't understand why he should be so angry just because I did not understand him and saw all the things that he saw Evil or Very Mad

I am here to learn, help, watch and share, but I am not an expert yet geek

And sometimes I get lucky and get the bonus a new friend meeting

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pomse2001.dk
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
@starwizz wrote:
Trilogo/pbp

i am not sure but it can be ???

How in the world do you assume this is a PBP?? This is so totally wrong!! Dont create myth here!!

PBP Myth !!!!!????? Shocked

so yes i was guessing but that does not mean i was creating a myth with $$$$$ points lol!

I know what you are trying to say ,i stand corrected


Last edited by starwizz on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:17 pm

@starwizz wrote:


Mythe !!!!!????? Shocked

so yes i wash guessing that did not mean i wash creating a myth with $$$$$ points lol!

I know what you are trying to say ,i stand corrected

Hi mate, I think myth is good, what if you are right ?

I have not read about myth is legal on this forum, I though we was here to talk with each other and share information and ideas.

But again I think you could be right about tri-logo, many tri-logo was sold here in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
avatar

Posts : 997
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : North Wales

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Is Lars Ben the same one people thought was PBP or is there still a PBP that's the same as ledy? This means there's 3 with same sculpt and COO yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 45
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:16 am

In order to have more....erg...efficient Very Happy discussions here, I totally revised the first post of this thread.

It now includes a lot of background.

Please read carefully and let me know what you think of it or when you have any questions.

BTW: I also updated Ben’s entry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 am

Hi Marco I think you have done some great work, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 45
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:12 am


WEIRD LOOKING LEDY FIGURES



LUKE JEDI WITH LUKE BESPIN HEAD
LANDO WITH PAINTED BUCKLE
ZUCKUSS WITH BLUE NOSE


The figures below came from an impressive Mexican Ledy collection which was bought by Adolfo (aka Merlin) recently. He gave them to me, as I was interested in these curiosities. Very Happy



There are some clear differences compared to regular Ledy figures:
  • Luke Jedi with Luke Bespin head
  • Lando with silver painted buckle and without smile (all Lando's which I have seen sofar have a smile)
  • Zuckuss with a blue instead of red nose


Lili Ledy Luke Jedi with Luke Bespin head (original Ledy green cape)




Lili Ledy Lando with silver painted buckle and without smile




Lili Ledy Blue nose Zuckuss




I discussed these figures with Ozio and probably these are all custom made somewhere in the 90s. But if anybody has another view on this, I would be very happy to hear it.


There are more weird looking Ledy figures around:

TWO EYED PRUNE FACE

The same Mexican collector also had the legendary two eyed Prune Face, which I missed out unfortunately. Though there is no conclusive answer yet, it is assumed that this figure is a well made custom figure as well. You can see a picture below taken from the site of a Japanese Ledy collector. Nevertheless still an interesting figure.



Source: http://www.spnet.ne.jp/~swcoll/06other/04lililedy/figures/pruneface.htm


The two eyed Prune Face from the Mexican collector looked exactly the same, also the darker cape matched (see below, picture made by Adolfo).



Source: Adolfo aka Merlin




LUKE BESPIN WITH LUKE JEDI HEAD

There is also a Ledy Luke Bespin figure with a Luke Jedi head. Probably custom too.


Source: http://www.spnet.ne.jp/~swcoll/06other/04lililedy/figures/lukeskywalkerbespin.htm



LANDO WITH LUKE JEDI HEAD


Source: ebay



LEIA BOUSHH WITH LEIA BESPIN HEAD


Lili Ledy Leia Boushh with Leia Bespin Head







Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7449
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 am

All are customs, as real as a black Wampa Suspect The 2 eyed prune customs all originated from one source.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Lili-Ledy-Guide-Prune-Face-h17.htm


Last edited by aussiejames on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 45
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 am

@aussiejames wrote:
All are customs, as real as a black Wampa Suspect The 2 eyed prune customs all originated from one source.

How can you possibly say that?!! I mean denying Black Wampa is like denying Santa Claus. Let go and try to accept it. :santa:

Or as Dr Phil puts it: Denial is not just a river in Egypt, Very Happy

Seriously: I tried to find some info on RS about the source of these custom Prune Face figures w/o an eye patch. Didn't find much till now .


http://forum.rebelscum.com/search.php?searchid=29153

Is there more info out there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 44
Location : Cancun Mexico

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Since I upload the pic of the two eyes prune face in a Facebook group full of mexican collectors ( it´s called : Star Wars Coleccionistas / Collectors ), incredibly other 3 figures like this show-up ( one with the exact same cape!!) , plus the other one that have the Japanese collector , that will make 5!!! , I don´t really know if they are real or custom and I will not enter a debate about it, but 3 other Ledy experts saw this item ( I know Ozio knows a lot of things about Ledy and I consider him an expert!, but he lives far away from Mexico City ( where I bought this collection), and in mexico city there are more Ledy experts that are friends of mine) , so making this point clear, we agree in the following , Very high chances that is custom,but probably the best custom action figure we have seen in our life!!! , made with exact same color of the Ledy prune face, same material ( hard plastic) , the wrinkles have a perfect shape & continuity and there is no sign of an eye patch, but I honestly think if you don´t have this piece in this hand, it will really tough to make an opinion about it, in the facebook forum somebody said that they carve the eye with a knife ...LOL!!!!... how easy is to say something without even knowing!!!! ( tell me about it!!)

By the way , other than Steve Sansweet, I´m the other owner of the only Custom carded figure that have been authorized by Lucasfilm, and let me tell you that the 2 eyes prune face ( at least the face because everything else is 100% lili ledy ) have a better quality than the Custom figure I owned!, so if somebody has a custom figure that has this quality, I will appreciate if they can upload the pic !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7449
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 am

@merlin wrote:

By the way , other than Steve Sansweet, I´m the other owner of the only Custom carded figure that have been authorized by Lucasfilm, and let me tell you that the 2 eyes prune face ( at least the face because everything else is 100% lili ledy ) have a better quality than the Custom figure I owned!, so if somebody has a custom figure that has this quality, I will appreciate if they can upload the pic !!!


(from JEFFS_MUSEUM)


other 'excellent' customs would include Billy Boy's fake Palitoy baggy first shots, the McWilliams hardcopies..... all of which fooled many seasoned collectors & scammed them out of hideous amounts of money.

I'd love to see a picture of your authorized MOC custom please Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 44
Location : Cancun Mexico

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:40 am

@aussiejames wrote:
@merlin wrote:

By the way , other than Steve Sansweet, I´m the other owner of the only Custom carded figure that have been authorized by Lucasfilm, and let me tell you that the 2 eyes prune face ( at least the face because everything else is 100% lili ledy ) have a better quality than the Custom figure I owned!, so if somebody has a custom figure that has this quality, I will appreciate if they can upload the pic !!!


(from JEFFS_MUSEUM)


other 'excellent' customs would include Billy Boy's fake Palitoy baggy first shots, the McWilliams hardcopies..... all of which fooled many seasoned collectors & scammed them out of hideous amounts of money.

I'd love to see a picture of your authorized MOC custom please Smile

That wookie family also look great , Not the same color as the original, but I also like the work , now that I see those wookies I can say that the same technique to remove Chewbacca BANDOLIER STRAP from the mold was used to remove the eye patch from prune face, anyone agree with me?
Here is a reaction for the male wookies when they see the female wookie bounce bounce

My friend , for some reason I thought I have upload the pic of this MOC custom & I have tell the story of how I get it, but in case I didn´t do it ,here it goes. ( probably I did it in other SW forum!)
Action figure that was auctioned at SWFD III at Plano, TX , created to help the breast cancer awareness fundraiser. Only 2 were made,This item has the License from Lucasfilm as it was used an OFFICIAL EVENT OF OFFICIAL PIX (Lucasfilm Ltd)..... STAR WARS FAN DAYS III. Signed by S.S. and the creator of this action figure.
As you can see in the following video, you can noticed how Steve Sansweet goes from organizer to bidder as he wanted this figure so badly as he knew that this is the only custom carded figure to ever get a license from Lucasfilm LTD.

I copy / paste this FAQ from CVI, but Please Remember that all Lucasfilm events have the same policy about custom/bootlegs.

What Does Celebration Think Of Bootlegs?
Star Wars Celebration is produced under the authorization of Lucasfilm Ltd., and the buying and selling of counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials will not be tolerated. Star Wars Celebration showcases the best of Star Wars, and bootlegs have no place in the show. Violation of this rule will result in one warning. A second violation will result in removal from the show with no refunds.

I will upload a pic of the back later on....

Here is the video for the auction....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VISMGZ1Z5K0

Anyway, if you have more doubts , you can ask the creator of this action figure. I think his nickname is projectphenix in youtube. ( He is a member of the 501)


Back to top Go down
View user profile
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:53 am

@aussiejames wrote:
All are customs, as real as a black Wampa Suspect The 2 eyed prune customs all originated from one source.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Lili-Ledy-Guide-Prune-Face-h17.htm

I totally agree with AJ here! These are all customs!

In all pictures....and I really mean all....all Prunes with two eyes have different colored eyes (the difference is slightly, but its there). It for sure doesnt make sense to paint them different so these are customs for 100%.

There must also be an old thread on RS but I cannot find it!



Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7449
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 am

My memory is sometimes not the best Embarassed I do remember the pink ERG now Smile

edit: I found the thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1034708/

another from the customizers section : http://forum.rebelscum.com/t969065/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:08 am

@aussiejames wrote:
My memory is sometimes not the best Embarassed I do remember the pink ERG now Smile

edit: I found the thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1034708/


Nice one AJ, but there was one where the different eye colors were discussed and at the same time someone made one quickly to show that it takes half an hour to make a good looking two-eyed prune out of a normal kenner figure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 44
Location : Cancun Mexico

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:13 am

@wbobafett wrote:
@aussiejames wrote:
All are customs, as real as a black Wampa Suspect The 2 eyed prune customs all originated from one source.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Lili-Ledy-Guide-Prune-Face-h17.htm

I totally agree with AJ here! These are all customs!

In all pictures....and I really mean all....all Prunes with two eyes have different colored eyes (the difference is slightly, but its there). It for sure doesnt make sense to paint them different so these are customs for 100%.

There must also be an old thread on RS but I cannot find it!




Like I said before,I will not enter a debate if they are custom or not, I will only say that they are probaly custom, my opinion in this matter that they are very well done.
My question to you will be, have you ever hold one of this in your hand???, how many of this prunes have you seen???
I have seen 5 already, and the color of their eyes is very dark yellow, I haven't see a color like that in any Ledy action figure. I'm trying to state the facts in here, NOT to debate if it's custom or not, As I already give my opinion in that issue!
In the facebook group there are 3 or 4 members that claim they played with it when they were young, I was 13 when this figures hit the market here in Mexico and stayed in the market for 2 more years, so I was 15, I don't recall to see the 2 eyes prune face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 44
Location : Cancun Mexico

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 am

@aussiejames wrote:
My memory is sometimes not the best Embarassed I do remember the pink ERG now Smile

edit: I found the thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1034708/

another from the customizers section : http://forum.rebelscum.com/t969065/


No worries my friend...... I knew you already see it!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:35 am

@merlin wrote:

Like I said before,I will not enter a debate if they are custom or not, I will only say that they are probaly custom, my opinion in this matter that they are very well done.
My question to you will be, have you ever hold one of this in your hand???, how many of this prunes have you seen???
I have seen 5 already, and the color of their eyes is very dark yellow, I haven't see a color like that in any Ledy action figure. I'm trying to state the facts in here, NOT to debate if it's custom or not, As I already give my opinion in that issue!
In the facebook group there are 3 or 4 members that claim they played with it when they were young, I was 13 when this figures hit the market here in Mexico and stayed in the market for 2 more years, so I was 15, I don't recall to see the 2 eyes prune face.

You are already getting a debate here, dont you?? There is no doubt, these are customs IMO!



I think this picture should show that the left and the right eye have a different shade of yellow! the left one is clearly more orange! No factory in the world would paint two different eyes on one figure (besides its a two-eye-colored character..LOL).

Because the seller at this time send me the picture above I didnt bought one of those! Yes....I was first on these, but I passed and I know very good why I passed:



So you disagree with Cristian and Ozio (both the most knowledgeable LL collectors in Mexico) and you also think that the "EL NEGRITO" Yoda is real and you saw it as a child???

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t790p15-danvintageswfan-ledymexican-bootlegand-variant-s-yoda-focus

@merlin wrote:

Like 6 or 7 months ago I saw a Carded Mexican Yoda with a black serpent called "EL NEGRITO" ( Was a cheaper version of the L.L. Yoda and it was made for the poor people back in the early 80´s).

If my memory still works and If I remember correctly , In the early 80´s I went to the Lily Ledy factory once with my school ( like a school trip) and I remember that I saw it in there because the factory gave them as a gift for kids that visited the factory!!

I didn´t get the Yoda, something else was given to me......

The "El NEGRITO" Yoda is fake, fake like those Prune Faces! I wouldnt be surprized at all if both these "creations" came from our old friend "shameonyou".



Back to top Go down
View user profile
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 44
Location : Cancun Mexico

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 am

@wbobafett wrote:
@merlin wrote:

Like I said before,I will not enter a debate if they are custom or not, I will only say that they are probaly custom, my opinion in this matter that they are very well done.
My question to you will be, have you ever hold one of this in your hand???, how many of this prunes have you seen???
I have seen 5 already, and the color of their eyes is very dark yellow, I haven't see a color like that in any Ledy action figure. I'm trying to state the facts in here, NOT to debate if it's custom or not, As I already give my opinion in that issue!
In the facebook group there are 3 or 4 members that claim they played with it when they were young, I was 13 when this figures hit the market here in Mexico and stayed in the market for 2 more years, so I was 15, I don't recall to see the 2 eyes prune face.

You are already getting a debate here, dont you?? There is no doubt, these are customs IMO!
LOL!!....What are you talking about????? .... There is NO debate in there... I have stated several times " that this action figure is most probably custom,but is very well done!!!!!" ... where is the debate ????, as I agree with you and the others, that this action figure is PROBABLY a CUSTOM action figure! .. where is the debate???



I think this picture should show that the left and the right eye have a different shade of yellow! the left one is clearly more orange! No factory in the world would paint two different eyes on one figure (besides its a two-eye-colored character..LOL).
I already wrote..... the eyes on this prune face are very dark yellow ...I have never seen a color like that in a ledy!!" so again I agree with you!!!!! .... Do you actually read what I write?????

Because the seller at this time send me the picture above I didnt bought one of those! Yes....I was first on these, but I passed and I know very good why I passed:
But you didn´t answer my question if you have ever hold one of this in your hands??? ... I assume you have not because I´m sure you will already tell me something about the cape !! ..... you should have bought it as a souvenir!! I sold mine as a reg. Lili ledy ( it was not expensive), did the seller wanted Top dollars??


So you disagree with Cristian and Ozio (both the most knowledgeable LL collectors in Mexico) and you also think that the "EL NEGRITO" Yoda is real and you saw it as a child???..... Again, What are you talking about ??? .... Did you live in Mexico in the 70´s and 80´s???? , DId you visited the Ledy Factory??? Did you got Ledy´s when you were 12??? .... DId you bought custom figures in plastic bags during the 70s??? ....Did you attend charity events by lili ledy where they give away SW action figures???... Did you bought Mexican custom carded figures as a kid??? As far as I know OZIO and Cristain never went to the Ledy Factory!! ( so how on earth they are going to know which action figures were given away as freebies for the kids that visited the factory or in charity events??????, gladly I was there so I know and I was 12, sorry , I remember that for you at that age nobody recalls anything!! LOL!!... Glad that I remember my name!! .. LOL!!!, , in our facebook group there are more than 200 members, and more than half remember to play with strange Star wars figures ( I think OZIO has a group called Lili ledy in fabebook also with over 450 members) , so you are basically saying we are all crazy and our memories are all invented... LOL!!!!! I have personally talk to OZIO about it and he told me Never visited the Ledy Factory..... There are many , many, many other Ledy experts than OZIO and cristian ( by the way did you know they live in Northern Mexico!!!!!!! , NOT in MEXICO CITY ( capital city of bootlegs /customs and pirate items!!), .


http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t790p15-danvintageswfan-ledymexican-bootlegand-variant-s-yoda-focus

@merlin wrote:

Like 6 or 7 months ago I saw a Carded Mexican Yoda with a black serpent called "EL NEGRITO" ( Was a cheaper version of the L.L. Yoda and it was made for the poor people back in the early 80´s).

If my memory still works and If I remember correctly , In the early 80´s I went to the Lily Ledy factory once with my school ( like a school trip) and I remember that I saw it in there because the factory gave them as a gift for kids that visited the factory!!

I didn´t get the Yoda, something else was given to me......

The "El NEGRITO" Yoda is fake, fake like those Prune Faces! I wouldnt be surprized at all if both these "creations" came from our old friend "shameonyou".

So now you are going to say that this YODAS are in my imagination also because I haven´t found the one with black serpent, right???? LOL.. I think we are talking about the same thing ,but in different language my friend!!.... LOL!!! .....( because as far as I read everything you wrote, I think I have agreed with you ( except for the ledy experts as I think there are many more!!) I have explained in here like a millon times how did Ledy did their school trips and how they give action figures for free for charity auctions....I will say you are right as I think is very improbable to found one of those , specially when they were give to kids that intermediately opened them !!! , the other day I was talking to Alonso V. about it and if you see how many real MOC Ledy´s exists in our days , is nothing compared to the production back in the days!!! Let´s say LL produced 1,000,000 action figures ( I don´t know the exact number, is just an example!), how many 100% factory sealed exist now in our days??? , 1000??? 2000? that´s not even the 0.5%!!!
I have 2 last questions for you!! .... how many people you know that went/visted the Ledy factory ???? How many people you know that attend a Lili Ledy charity event back in the 80´s ?? ... or are you going to say that is my imagination only????




Last edited by merlin on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Im just saying:

1. The Prune Face is fake! No figure in the universe in no dreamland ever will have the eyes painted different, although it should have the same color on both eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wrote: the eyes...but its indeed only one eye that is more orange!! It could also be that there is more versions of this fake, because they were modified after the thread on RS (which I still cannot find).

And it also doesnt matter if I ever hold one into my hands! If I can already see in a picture that its "handmade" it is simply a fake/custom! I dont need to live in mexico, or visit the factory or hold it in my hands when there is two different eye colors on one figure!! It is screaming "fake" in everyones face.


2. No, I ment: You said "EL NEGRITO" was a cheaper version of the L.L. Yoda and it was made for the poor people back in the early 80´s, and thats simply nonsense (and that is exactly what you said!)! Non of this stuff is real. It wasnt made by LL nor by another "factory" and it wasnt made in the 80s! The "el negrito" figures carded and loose are made in mexico after the year 2000 to scam people and bootleg collectors and can be traced back to the scamartist "shameonyou" (forgot his real name).

I dont know what you are trying to say with the picture of the yodas with freaky accessories, but these are all fake! Produced to scam the collection community and not to "gift" or sell them to poor kids!

3. You have stated that this Prune face is probably a custom...and that is wrong! Its not "probably" a custom...It IS a custom! So you got money for a "probably" LL figure on the other hand which is for sure not real! See it or talk it like you wish! This figure has a value of 5 dollars, because thats what loose customs go for on ebay!

4. I dont care where Ozio and Cristian live exactly. I know, contact and buy from loooots of mexican sellers over now 10 years and IMO these are my last trustable sources! Knowledge has nothing to do with childhood memories! Its something you obtain as a grown up!!

But all im saying is wrong because I wasnt in the LL factory in the 80s??? Then Im sorry....





Back to top Go down
View user profile
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 44
Location : Cancun Mexico

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:36 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Im just saying:

1. The Prune Face is fake! No figure in the universe in no dreamland ever will have the eyes painted different, although it should have the same color on both eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wrote: the eyes...but its indeed only one eye that is more orange!! It could also be that there is more versions of this fake, because they were modified after the thread on RS (which I still cannot find).

And it also doesnt matter if I ever hold one into my hands! If I can already see in a picture that its "handmade" it is simply a fake/custom! I dont need to live in mexico, or visit the factory or hold it in my hands when there is two different eye colors on one figure!! It is screaming "fake" in everyones face.


2. No, I ment: You said "EL NEGRITO" was a cheaper version of the L.L. Yoda and it was made for the poor people back in the early 80´s, and thats simply nonsense (and that is exactly what you said!)! Non of this stuff is real. It wasnt made by LL nor by another "factory" and it wasnt made in the 80s! The "el negrito" figures carded and loose are made in mexico after the year 2000 to scam people and bootleg collectors and can be traced back to the scamartist "shameonyou" (forgot his real name).

I dont know what you are trying to say with the picture of the yodas with freaky accessories, but these are all fake! Produced to scam the collection community and not to "gift" or sell them to poor kids!

3. You have stated that this Prune face is probably a custom...and that is wrong! Its not "probably" a custom...It IS a custom! So you got money for a "probably" LL figure on the other hand which is for sure not real! See it or talk it like you wish! This figure has a value of 5 dollars, because thats what loose customs go for on ebay!

4. I dont care where Ozio and Cristian live exactly. I know, contact and buy from loooots of mexican sellers over now 10 years and IMO these are my last trustable sources! Knowledge has nothing to do with childhood memories! Its something you obtain as a grown up!!

But all im saying is wrong because I wasnt in the LL factory in the 80s??? Then Im sorry....






Funny things came out of that factory ( that is why we can collect many Ledy variations today and I´m glad they did!) .... Again, we are talking about the same thing , But you are right my friend and then I´m wrong ( even when I wrote that I agree with you in everything!!! .... lol! lol! !!! )
... You are the Ledy guy!! ... You know it all!! ..... That´s it for me in this one way debate..LOL!! ( about the prune face!) as I think that everybody agreed in the same thing !!!!! .... PLEASE Let´s move on and continue this wonderful thread!!



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 45
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Just came home seeing the thread has progressed a lot during the day. Very Happy



The way I see it, everybody agrees that the Prune Face is a custom figure with 99.9999% certainty. So much for the 'debate'. Bringing up offside arguments like black Yodas, and Ledy factories, won't help much, shall we just leave them aside?


C’mon guys, hug time, and continue.... Laughing




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 45
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

BTW: Wolff, did you buy that incredible lot at that time?!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:49 pm

not sure anymore....this is just one picture of many. If my mind serves me well I got 2 figures from this lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

 Similar topics

-
» General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6
» General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4
» Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24
» PokéShipping (Ash x Misty) General Discussion Thread
» Shaddoll Discussion Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-