The Imperial Gunnery Forum


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .
 

 Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 am

Looks like some poor sucker is going to get ripped off!

Looks like a Nathan Edwards Job to me.

No mention of the figure or the card been fake in the description either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7569
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am

I actually put a link to this on Nathan Edwards thread- sellers never reply when you ask them " Are you sure non Last 17 figures had a bar code etc.." Boltonwanderers completed failed sales of a loose & DT Vader aren't funny Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
avatar

Posts : 1763
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 53
Location : England UK

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:01 am

It really annoyed me when Ebay removed the bidders list so you cant PM the prospective buyers, now no-one can warn them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 38
Location : Darlington, UK

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I nearly bought this figure. I looked at it, but realised that the colour looked quite abit darker so I never bothered. Good job I didnt!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-12-20
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Is this the same one that sold a while back from the guy in Spain? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 33
Location : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Ronniebiggs wrote:
I nearly bought this figure. I looked at it, but realised that the colour looked quite abit darker so I never bothered. Good job I didnt!

And like you Andy there are many people on ebay that just do not know enough to make a call on a piece like this Sad I am glad it wasn't you but it was someone Sad

chazgreentooth wrote:
Is this the same one that sold a while back from the guy in Spain? Shocked

I wouldn't be surprised , either its got something to do with him or its been bought from him and being resold as original.

Recards really need to be wiped out..

OR - If people are going to recard things, do not recard the back, leave it blank , don't replicate it 100%..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor


Posts : 1545
Join date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Yeah I agree!
Let's start with that Rob dude from the UK...well dodgy IMO lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-12-20
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:32 pm

I think a guy on RS once mentioned a cool idea, a letter or something clearly visible but in the corner of the card. That would stop them being sold on as legit. Obviously not everyone who recards figures would be up for it but it would cut out some of the problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 493
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 38
Location : Darlington, UK

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:17 am

Joe_O wrote:
Ronniebiggs wrote:
I nearly bought this figure. I looked at it, but realised that the colour looked quite abit darker so I never bothered. Good job I didnt!

And like you Andy there are many people on ebay that just do not know enough to make a call on a piece like this Sad I am glad it wasn't you but it was someone Sad

chazgreentooth wrote:
Is this the same one that sold a while back from the guy in Spain? Shocked

I wouldn't be surprised , either its got something to do with him or its been bought from him and being resold as original.

Recards really need to be wiped out..

OR - If people are going to recard things, do not recard the back, leave it blank , don't replicate it 100%..
Your right Joe. The thing thats stopped me was the colour. It just looked to dark as if it had been painted. I may be wrong but thats what stopped me. Also the fact that most other rebel soldiers like thats sell for much more. Im always cautious of a BARGAIN on ebay! there are often hidden agendas behind them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 46
Location : Coffs Harbour, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 am

Ronniebiggs wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
Ronniebiggs wrote:
I nearly bought this figure. I looked at it, but realised that the colour looked quite abit darker so I never bothered. Good job I didnt!

And like you Andy there are many people on ebay that just do not know enough to make a call on a piece like this Sad I am glad it wasn't you but it was someone Sad

chazgreentooth wrote:
Is this the same one that sold a while back from the guy in Spain? Shocked

I wouldn't be surprised , either its got something to do with him or its been bought from him and being resold as original.

Recards really need to be wiped out..

OR - If people are going to recard things, do not recard the back, leave it blank , don't replicate it 100%..
Your right Joe. The thing thats stopped me was the colour. It just looked to dark as if it had been painted. I may be wrong but thats what stopped me. Also the fact that most other rebel soldiers like thats sell for much more. Im always cautious of a BARGAIN on ebay! there are often hidden agendas behind them

Unfortunate, but spot on m8!! Angry SW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Fake Dark Rebel Solider Recard at 50GBP!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» For those who think George Clooney's engagement is a fake to cover up a dark secret
» [LE] Rebel Commander
» Dark Deck
» dark bribe or solemn judgement
» Need help: How to paint dark and medium dark skin?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Watch Out Section
-