PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:11 pm

thats it rob its for the swcc definatley not trying to pinch your members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:42 pm

carlos_75 wrote:
thats it rob its for the swcc definatley not trying to pinch your members

As far as im concerned Carl people are fully to use whichever forum they want to.

I also understand you wanting to move SWCC as the ebay forums are shit.

Its also inevitable that your forum will have similarities as well for sure i.e chat function template feel, running platform etc.

What really pissed me off is if im honest it looks like it was cooked together in less than a week and our section structure was basically copied across. A lot of time and effort went into this site to make it very different and distinguishable and unique from RS and SWF.

Now i fully understand that sections will be similar i.e vintage chat, watch out, sales sections etc but the one that pissed me off the most was taking all our development ideas e.g Lily Reference Guides etc (which were huge projetcs specific to this community) and basically copying the same processes / ideas to your site.

We honestly worked long and hard on this site to make it the best possible experience for users taking our time working out what we wanted to be what we wanted to do / delivery and it looks like it was copied across in a day or 2.

Had you come to me and said Hi Jay we were thinking of setting up a SWCC forum and we want to make it unique do you have any advice hints or tips then anyone will tell you im the type of guy who will help anybody. I would have shared code packages software expansions i have either bought or developed and helped you guys out make a site unique for your community anyone who knows me will testify to that.

Jay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:11 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:

Had you come to me and said Hi Jay we were thinking of setting up a SWCC forum and we want to make it unique do you have any advice hints or tips then anyone will tell you im the type of guy who will help anybody. I would have shared code packages software expansions i have either bought or developed and helped you guys out make a site unique for your community anyone who knows me will testify to that.

Jay

I think this would have been the key to all of this right here. The SWCC forum just popped up and it was like a big slap in the face. I don't see why all of you couldn't have just signed up here and called it good instead of yet another Star Wars forum. However, I do understand that you already have your own community going, but a message to Jay about it would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Carl_Easter
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:52 pm

jay mate we had a ledy refrence guide on the old swcc we took the link for that of the opening page of our old one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi yall
Seems to be a bit of confusion in here.
Let me introduce myself..i am Darren who started the SWCC over 2 years ago and worked my ass off to find quality members and constuct solid layout and content,plus all the content and ideas transfered over to the new free software for any body to use forum is unique to us i.e. copied and pasted over.
The ebay swcc has over 300 members and thousands of posts so its not like we have just decided to start a forum up on a whim.
I really did not have any idea for one second when we decided to move away from ebay that there would be this kind of childish playground banter,there are hundreds of star wars forums out there its not like its a new concept that anybody holds the rights to.
I know a few of you on here and those i do know are great peeps expecially you josh ya ozzie crim Very Happy
Anyway dont take it so seriously its a forum for collecting and talking to friends its supposed to be a bit of fun not a life dominating subject.
No hard feelings guys,i am not here to make enemies just friends...Sorry if i came across strong it just made me a little angry and confused to hear about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm

carlos_75 wrote:
jay mate we had a ledy refrence guide on the old swcc we took the link for that of the opening page of our old one

Out of curiosity are you referring to the partial LL guide on the german forum that was set up a few years ago or one that you have done / set up yourselves?

Anyway moving things on i have made my feelings clear on the matter its all in the thread so people can form there own opinions about it.

obviously everyone who collects vintage is welcome here the only people we dont want here are the hobbies scammers.

Jay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 pm

'Lili Ledy Reference (Lili Allens )

21/03/08 09:25 AM

Post all your Lili Ledy variant pics and guides here and hopefully this will become the best and first place for us to come when we need to check'

The SWCC has had a disco goin' for a while, this is the first post from the SWCC's Ledy topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:07 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:
carlos_75 wrote:

Out of curiosity are you referring to the partial LL guide on the german forum that was set up a few years ago or one that you have done / set up yourselves?

Anyway moving things on i have made my feelings clear on the matter its all in the thread so people can form there own opinions about it.

obviously everyone who collects vintage is welcome here the only people we dont want here are the hobbies scammers.

Jay

Jay
Everybody uses that german link we did not say we had created our own ledy website,we take references from the internet and use them to refer to ourselves,we also have members with ledy collections who post pics of thier own LL figs and thus we discuss,is'nt that what all forums do?

I agree of course forums pool together what they can from over the net to create discussions and learn which is cool.

If you reread Carlos post he said "jay mate we had a ledy reference guide on the old swcc"

So i was simply clarifying if he was referring to the old german forum guide or one set up by yourselves at SWCC on ebay.

I was just curious nothing more as i wasn't sure what Carl meant.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 pm

None of the posts here were done in a childish manner Darren and no-one begrudges you your own forum, from our point of view, the free software that Jay used and then redeveloped and spent time on was chosen to add a few nice touches to the old forum feel, i.e the onboard chat box.

Not long after some of the SWCC members join up, we see your site go live which has those same features.

From our side of the fence and considering the effort that went in it was a little surprising, I think as the creator of SWCC you can appreciate that? I would imagine if after starting your forum first, TIG popped up using the same base you would maybe have a similar viewpoint.

In Jay's defense he has put in many hours tweaking things and using his own time to make this forum hit the floor running (that sentence was even used by one of your own members) so it worked out and his hard work paid off.

SWCC has its members and has its right to its own place on the net, no-one is saying the contrary, I think if you decided on this software you could have at least had a respectful nod in this direction for gaining some ideas.

As for the mention of TIG copying posts and ideas from SWF and RS, I will address this because I feel its important - at the time of TIG going live RS have been a forum for 10 years, SWF for 5 and we have all been a part of them for years ourselves.

The guys who were putting the hours in on those forums, creating the threads and putting the ideas over were many of the same people that started TIG so its not like we stole anything from anyone other than the idea of a forum (which if that is a crime all forums would be in trouble lol) we are the same people that tried and still do try on the other forums to create a community feel and bring some interesting ideas to the board.

Take from this what you will guys, but I hope you can see the other side of things, this thread could have been a bashing thread but as far as I can see its been kept quite civil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:30 pm

-Going over the thread, I want to say that Coach calling you douche bags is not a sentiment echoed by the admin team Wink

He is however entitled to his own opinion as a member.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm

joe all respects to you my man for you input.
I have noticed some of the wording is very similar on the thread text,as i did not create the link text i did not understand the whole upset.
I have been very busy lately and have not had much time to give to the creation of the online swcc,i now loooking closely at both sites can see some similarities and as respect to you guys will rewrite the tread text in question.
Please feel free to jump over to inspect and criticism will be respectfully recieved.
MTFBWYA Vaders_Child
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Hey, all this dialogue all because of me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:48 pm

No problem Darren, it was a combination of hearing about the site and then this thread popped up and it kicked off a little bad because the post was sort of promoting your hard work which later we realised wasn't quite your own work.

We all probably got off on the wrong foot, I have heard good things about you guys despite not being part of your group.

Might have been a bad presumption on my part but when I saw more and more SWCC members joining here I thought perhaps you guys had decided to join up and pass on ebays crappy forums, not exactly a merge but just a change of scenery.

Fair play for wanting your own place for your group, can't argue there, maybe like you suggested in the coming days you can look at ways to introduce things to your site that reduce the similarities to TIG, no-one wants to have a pop at one another , essentially we are all stupidly passionate about plastic figures LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Indeed joe
The trouble we all get in for the plastic eh..lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 pm

@Joe_O wrote:
-Going over the thread, I want to say that Coach calling you douche bags is not a sentiment echoed by the admin team Wink

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yeah.... that was a little mean!!! I'm sorry!!! But that was shortly after Jay told me he was going to delete this site!!!!

So I was pissed and heated!!!!!!

Can ya blame me????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:53 pm

One more thing I would point out, although Jay is a very busy man he really would have offered his help with the software had you approached him before all of this, I don't know if that offer still stands from him as he is working hard on TIG and all this probably doesn't make him want to be working in your favour so to speak but Jay is a sound guy.

His repro site + all the guides he is trying to work on are essentially for us all to enjoy, whether we are members of RS,SWF,SWCC or TIG so to have this on his head definitely pissed him off, as it would have done me if I was in his shoes!

Last edited by Joe_O on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:54 pm

@coachk28 wrote:
@Joe_O wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yeah.... that was a little mean!!! I'm sorry!!! But that was shortly after Jay told me he was going to delete this site!!!!

So I was pissed and heated!!!!!!

Can ya blame me????

No honestly I was quite pissed as well, I wish I had not slept so late last night as I would have caught this all sooner but to say my blood was boiling when I first heard about it would be an understatement LOL

Nothing wrong with speaking your mind Coach Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:55 pm

@vaders_child wrote:
joe all respects to you my man for you input.
I have noticed some of the wording is very similar on the thread text,as i did not create the link text i did not understand the whole upset.
I have been very busy lately and have not had much time to give to the creation of the online swcc,i now loooking closely at both sites can see some similarities and as respect to you guys will rewrite the tread text in question.
Please feel free to jump over to inspect and criticism will be respectfully recieved.
MTFBWYA Vaders_Child

Thanks for that and im sure you guys will want to have your own identity over there as much as we do over here Smile

Good luck with your new endeavor

Jay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Cheers guys
Just made a few tweaks to the thread text,most of the wording is from ebay swcc which we have used for years.
The thread discription text below i have just improvised.
Take a look peeps and let me know if i have missed anything that may cross over onto your thread discriptions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Well... maybe change the title of this thread Wink
Or are you going to tbe the fall guy for that one also Coach? lol!

So glad this is seen for what it really is....FUCKALL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm

Delete the thread i say, its not required
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:01 pm

I was sorry to read about this whole episode but i'm glad things have calmed down a bit now! Very Happy

I can fully understand jay being pissed off at the beginning & i was quite shocked to hear that he seriously thought about shutting the sites down & all i can say is jay i'm glad that you NEVER did as all the months of effort & hard work that you(and others)spent putting this site & especially the repro section together truly would have been for NOTHING!

I can also understand others that don't know the SWCC lads being pissed off as well but seriously they're not a bad bunch & it was the first SW forum that i joined when i started collecting again & then when i discovered SWF,i spent most of my time there instead & now here on the T.I.G as well & even though i rarely post on RS,i quite happily use all 4 forums & have met a lot of decent people on them & hopefully continue to do so(except for that bastard who scammed me on RS!) Very Happy

As shawn said earlier it would have been better(and polite)if whoever put the new SWCC website together(ben i think?)had contacted jay first & asked for some advice,help etc but hindsight is a wonderful thing & even though it was ill conceived,i don't believe for one second that there was any malicious or sinister intent involved by anyone at SWCC! Very Happy

Just my very humble opinion guys!

Mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 pm

man what the fuck , i dont log on for 24 houres and see what happens

i read most of it , well untill joe's last mega long reply , couldent handle that anymore

sorry joe

first of all, man jay , what was you thinking , shut don the forums

dont rush into things bro , we all made some good friends here in these last monthes and i think a pretty tight group seeing how we all get along sit houres in the chatbox, all thanks to you jay

and if this kind of thought ever crosses your pind again , you can just aswell , close the sites for public

like i understand these guy's did on theire ebay forum

second off all , to the guy's from that swcc forum , josh and rob not included offcourse

i ve got nothing against ya'll for what whent on here as jay seems to be oke with it all , i presume , and

iam not naief , and this is the internet so i know you all probebly dont care what i think

but , after stating your self

that , what you had this forum for two years now with thousands of posts and 300 members

you also stated that , you all like this forum , tig , verry much and think it has great members , wich i agree

you did log in on here ,

and you did copy alot of topics lay out etc from this site ive read havent seen it myself

so if all this is true , then why bother making a new forum , and just stay on here you know we are working on expanding this site as much as possible with info on as much as possible ,

and , you claim to have so much info your seld aswell why didnt you , just offered your help to complete for example the ll guide and make tig your forum home base

sorry if my rambeling dont make sense i just got back from amsterdam and ist 04:54 over here right know also english isnt my firt laugage so excuse me for my spelling errors

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations SWCC   Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:32 am

spelinng erors in thiis forrum are inexcuessable!!!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Congratulations SWCC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3