eBay issues!! thegame-sw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

3 MORE is reason enough for a watch out thread. And yes everything needs to be finalised by 45 days. ( + 10 days with a Paypal claim?) If not the buyer has no way of recovering money. So if a seller has a habit of extending problems past the 45 days ( or just has continued shit 'luck' with the postal service) the buyer can often loose. So other potential buyers need to be wary & keep this in mind.

Have you ever known Tim to complain for no reason? (or Pat for that matter )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm

I understand Pat being pissed off with the item not arriving. It was gift from his wife for his B'day.

Do you seriously think the title of the thread should be scammer? Maybe "Bit of a fuck up" sure. But scammer? NO! That is taking it way to far. I have seen any evidence of a scam from anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree with Josh that 'Scammer' is not the right description at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

And your argument about the 45 days does not matter. The seller can still make a claim through the postal company you muppet if the item is lost in the mail. That is nothing to do with PayPal lol! It will come down to how honest the seller is in the end and how patient the buyer is. Wink It's a risk you take with online buying, it shouldn't just have to be a risk that comes with online selling. If something is lost in the mail it's lost in the mail. I don't see why a seller has to lose the item and the money, just like the buyer shouldn't have to either. That's why we take out insurance.

Your argument does come into play when there is a dispute with what is received. Again though, if it's an honest seller they will refund off their own back. As has been demonstrated, Sergio has fixed any problems usually when he is made aware of them from what I can see. Usually, as it doesn't look like Gangaman got a resolution to his Tri Fett issue.

I will say also...after reading a comment from that RS thread. I don't know why the whole health issues causing a disruption shipping things out should be a problem for anyone . We have all seen the threads on SWFUK, RS or, here, with either sick members in an out of hospital, finding out ones have passed away altogether in the mean time, let alone issues with their families etc etc. Have a bit of heart. You are meant to be dealing with collectors here. It always just seems when it's YOUR item that's lost, then the health issue excuse isn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 pm

That's fine with a valid tracking number!

End of the day this thread WAS dead & buried. It came to light because some of Sergios' current items on ebay were being questioned. He then chose to personally attack members when he rejoined. There is nothing wrong with questioning the authenticity of items. (especially super rare degraded figures) Heck I even questioned one of Kenneth's figures in his for sale ( normally a no-no, could have been done via PM ) but I wanted it to be out in the open. Did Kenneth take this personally? NO. Question asked & answered- no problems.

The one & only warning has been issued to everyone involved to be respectful. And Sergio has been given leeway due to English being his second language.

My issue is with incorrect descriptions or wrong items, this has to be settled within the appropriate time frame. Now my neg & the neg on thegame-one (now sysvintage?) was removed after resolution of the problems. Would this have happened if negs were not apllied? Sergio stands behind his 100% ebay feedback- Blarc has 100% feedback too, some fantastic sellers do not. It's only an indication.

Basically be warned when buying from ebay from anyone don't let it drag out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 am

Hey guys,
I edited the topic title since the screen shot Sergio put up looks like he did refund eBay. Obviously I have never seen that screen shot before so the scammer title was appropriate (to me at least), when this post was originally made. Why the refund was never sent to me, will forever be a mystery I guess. I think it goes without saying, all of this could have been handled a lot better & a lot sooner. As the buyer in this transaction, I don't feel that any of this was my responsibility.
I did use 2 forms of payment for this purchase, one of which was a gift card. I don't know if this was a hang up for the refund or not. I honestly don't remember the exact amount of the gift card, but it was no more then $100 & for some reason I think it was $50.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 am

Well I hold my hat off to you, Pat. I think you had every right to be upset with the transaction. I personally think somethings got lost in translation along the way which also made things harder overall with the refund process. Sergio's lack of communication also played a part.
Again. My hat's off to yah. Good to see there are at least a few honorable people left in the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegame
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 am

James. I entered here to defend the knowledge of Spanish collectors in PBP and POCH. And do not worry. I Promise not to return to appear.

@aussiejames wrote:
That's fine with a valid tracking number!

End of the day this thread WAS dead & buried. It came to light because some of Sergios' current items on ebay were being questioned. He then chose to personally attack members when he rejoined. There is nothing wrong with questioning the authenticity of items. (especially super rare degraded figures) Heck I even questioned one of Kenneth's figures in his for sale ( normally a no-no, could have been done via PM ) but I wanted it to be out in the open. Did Kenneth take this personally? NO. Question asked & answered- no problems.

The one & only warning has been issued to everyone involved to be respectful. And Sergio has been given leeway due to English being his second language.

My issue is with incorrect descriptions or wrong items, this has to be settled within the appropriate time frame. Now my neg & the neg on thegame-one (now sysvintage?) was removed after resolution of the problems. Would this have happened if negs were not apllied? Sergio stands behind his 100% ebay feedback- Blarc has 100% feedback too, some fantastic sellers do not. It's only an indication.

Basically be warned when buying from ebay from anyone don't let it drag out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 am

Sergio, I would like to think everyone can put this behind them. I think your name has been put into a better light as a result of the last couple of days. The fact this has been spread over 3 different threads also added to a lot of confusion and hostility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KJ
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

@aussiejames wrote:
3 MORE is reason enough for a watch out thread. And yes everything needs to be finalised by 45 days. ( + 10 days with a Paypal claim?) If not the buyer has no way of recovering money. So if a seller has a habit of extending problems past the 45 days ( or just has continued shit 'luck' with the postal service) the buyer can often loose. So other potential buyers need to be wary & keep this in mind.

Have you ever known Tim to complain for no reason? (or Pat for that matter )

Not necessarily.

It all depends on the funding for the Paypal payment. If you paid with Paypal using a credit or debit card, you have additional protection.

Still attempt to go through Paypal's normal resolution processes. But if they deny it, or approve it but give you less than total (ie there was no money in the seller's account), then you can ring your CC holder, ask to load a disputed transaction, and they'll go though some info with you.

Many still get succes this way. You're the customer of the credit/debit card company, so they're looking out for your best interests.

All CC companies do this, and you will need to check with them on their required timeframes etc. In the US the time you've got for making the initial report varies by bank. 90 is the standard, but that's not always the case. And it's 90 days from the posted date of the transaction.

They're very good with this. You just have to be patient, as it can take up to 3 months to finalise. Again, that figure varies by bank, by workload. They have to give a reasonable amount of time for the seller to respond, with his paperwork that backs up his case. They normally give 1 month, and allow up to two weeks more if it's international.

So by no means is it other, as long as you've funded the Paypal payment with a credit or debit card.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portyman
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: eBay issues!! thegame-sw   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 pm

eBay is getting a little bit of a pain in the ass to sell one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

eBay issues!! thegame-sw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4