Welcome to the TIG Classifieds.
please read before posting!
The Imperial Gunnery team aims to keep this site a safe selling/buying/trading environment for all our members. While the TIG Forum operates with a relaxed atmosphere, can users please abide by the following guidelines when using the TIG Classifieds. To use the classifieds you must meet the criteria as outlined below. TIG Moderators will be checking to ensure this is followed. Violations will result in your post being deleted or locked.ALL users will be expected to have 40 posts before selling/trading.
Members who wish to make a WTB are exempt from the 40 post count. Any WTB will be solely at the discretion of the potential seller.POSTING IN THE CLASSIFIEDS
- You must have a minimum post count of 40 posts to be able to post a FS/FT in the classifieds. This is to discourage new users who only sign up to sell, and also to help prevent scamming. TIG takes very seriously the safety of our members regarding transactions and encourages all new members to take an active part in the forum before trying to sell their items. You will also have a much increased chance of buying/selling/trading if our established members know you. WTB is exempt from the 40 post count. Any WTB will be solely at the discretion of the potential seller.SELLING*/TRADING
- If you are selling/trading an item you must actually own the item and have access to the item. It must belong to you solely and, if requested by a moderator, be available for verification. Please show your own photos of the actual item and list a price. You can also add a Best Offer. Linking to other forums to show your FS is not allowed nor is posting eBay links. If you’re unsure of the value of an item then you are welcome to ask for help in the Vintage Chat section of the forum. Please provide some sort of feedback link to your previous sale history or reference to you as a seller.
* note - TIG requests that you please don't delete the sale prices from your classified sales thread. We would like to keep them in place as a future reference to gauge selling prices over time. This will be of great benefit to the community if you let your FS prices remain after any sales.INTERMEDIARY
- If you are selling for a friend, relative, etc. you must declare that you are not the owner. You must explain in detail why you are selling these, what your relation is to the goods, and the accessibility of the items in regards to viewing, photos, shipping, validity of description, etc. The consequences as outlined above will apply to the poster (not owner) in this case, so if someone asks you to post items you should be certain of all accuracy.TRADES/3-Way Deals
- In the event where you and other persons are doing a complex trade (e.g. you will sell a person's MOC to a buyer and then send the MOC owner an item of yours so you end up with the cash) is fine, but again there must be full disclosure. The seller must let the buyer know that the item is not his own and is coming from a 3rd party. You do not need to discuss the financials, but it should be clear that you are not in possession of the item directly.
The above guidelines are in place to ensure the safety of our members, but only work if people are vigilant in both following the guidelines and letting a moderator know if there has been a breach. For consistency and to make things easy for other users who are browsing please start your threads with one or more of the following abbreviations -FS:
(When setting up a for sale thread)FT:
(When setting up an items for trade thread)WTB:
(When setting up a want to buy thread) WTT:
(When setting up a want to trade for thread)The Imperial Gunnery Policy on the sale of Reproduction Weapons & Accessories & Figures, Custom Carded Figures, Resealed Figures, Restored Figures, etc.Reproductions
- Reproductions of any kind, even if clearly identified and or marked, are not allowed to be posted for sale. We understand they may have value for customizing or dioramas but we prefer the site to be vigilant about the spread of repros.Restored Figures
- Any figure that has undergone any application/reapplication/changing of paint, undergone any level or rejuvination, or have been bleached (soap and water of course is fine) cannot be sold and are expressly prohibited. Recarded Figures
- Figures that are recarded (meaning the cardback is a reproduction and it can appear to be a production card) are not allowed in any capacity. If there is some production counterpart to it, then its not allowed.Custom Carded Figures
- Figures that are made of characters that were not production-made (e.g. Carded Aunt Beru) are allowed as long as they have no real counterpart. In simpler terms, people must be able to look at it and know instantly it's not the real thingReseals
- Resealed figures are allowable if they are clearly disclosed as such. We understand that some figures (i.e. MOC Lili Ledy) are commonly resealed and, if disclosed , allowed to be sold. If you sell a reseal card without clearly disclosing you are subject to the consequences outlined above.amendments
The 40 post count limit for FS/FT came into effect on July 1st 2012.
Policy on sale of reproduction items on TIG amended to include 'figures' as not being allowed. Sept 14 2013.
If you have any comments/concerns/questions please feel free to contact or PM your mod team.