Share | .

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi guys, i wanted to say thanks for this great topic and valuable information. It has been very interesting reading. Some very valid points made by member's, for and against authenticity.
I have a querry or question regarding PBP Darth Vader variant.
I only have interest and collect Darth Vader, so this is why my interest is only on this particular figure.
From info i have read and gathered regarding this figure,here and other threads, is that a PBP Darth Vader is often confused with the "Clipper" variant and shares the same charecteristics as a "Clipper" variant, same COO scar, same textured cape, and possiblly same lightsaber mold. Could this be considered the imported figures which PBP aquired to pack on MOC cards?
Would the distinguishing charecteristics of a true PBP be the melt marks, which would set it asside from the Clipper/PBP version?
It was mentioned that the PBP Darth Vader has a very rough mold. Would this rough mold be the defining charecteristic of a true PBP Darth Vader variant, followed by the melt mark, followed by the COO scar, followed by the textured cape which is commonlly refered to as the "Roguse" cape.?
I would love the hear your thought on a solid comfirmation as to what makes a "True" PBP Darth Vader.

Thanks in advance.
Oscar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Let's get back to what was Marco's initial idea with this thread: Openly discussing Poch and PBP figures in order to gain knowledge for the community, which would also be beneficial for the variant collectors individually.

A figure which is not present in Wolff's Poch guide, is the Han original. I know, that Javier, Sergio etc know about this variant very well, but therfore some of the variant collectors maybe don't?

I have found four near identical samples from four different sourches in Spain, which all have the same features: "Fat" eye brows (like the Poch IC in this thread), pale hands, pale neck and small belt buckle. Some of them also have small melt marks on the butt/back. The Poch Han's often seem to have a crack in th neck - like many other Poch and PBP produced figures.. Here are some pics of one of them:

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

To me this is a confirmed Poch Han variant. Same coo (all four), some unique features in the paint, meltmarks etc. So no mixed up figure here in my opinion. There could be more Poch Han Solo variants of course? I have another interesting Han purchased in Spain, but that figure is more likely to be mixed up. But I cannot say that for sure of course..? I'll post some pics soon!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:58 pm

I forgot the pic of the coo:

Poch Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegame
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:06 am

Hey Bro!!....woow this is awesome

@ackbar100 wrote:
@Dr Dengar wrote:

Probably somewhere in the transition from the ESB to ROTJ Production Period, PBP changed the production process from POCH standard (with a lot of production flaws) to better quality PBP standard. This transition was not done overnight. Overstock from the ESB ("POCH") Period could very well be incorporated into figures from the ROTJ ("PBP") Period, resulting in hybrid figures, having both POCH and PBP traits.
NOTE: Ackbar, a picture of your hybrid Cloud Car Pilot having a Hong Kong COO and a pale face would be helpful here.

Ok, let see how it works.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 am

Some pics of some of the figures of my previous picture: awaiting your opinion :-)
I think this picture should be enough regarding good old R5-D4 Wink

Same thing with Yoda...

What about Vader: check a) huge mark on back of head, rough molding, extrisons and the quality of inner cape: I need help with this one

... More to come...

Luis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 am

@thegame wrote:
Hey Bro!!....woow this is awesome

Hi Sergio Very Happy
I am glad to see you here cheers
I knew you would like this figure. I think it is a good example of the transition production inside the same company but changing quality levels.

best
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasycollectables.es
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks for posting your pics, Luis. cheers

Let's start with the R5.

Can you help me with what to look for in your pic?

I guess it is not the screw and the little circles (mould circles ejector pin marks) on the legs? scratch

BTW: Also a massive thanks to Ackbar (hybrid CCP) and Kenneth (POCH Han Solo). Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 am

In order to focus on the subject at hand, we have decided to move all off topic posts from this thread to here for further discussion.

Please contact me if you do not agree.

Let's move on with discussing figures here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 am

I will try to start with good old Yoda, quite distinguishable specially through the head colour; afterwards will follow the Jawa (I will post close-ups of both eyes and the different strap) and thirdly Lord Vader: I think that the roughness of the molding will surprise you.

Best and please keep this post going: it's really worth it

[/quote]

As a kid growing up in Holland i was made to believe all of my toys were made in spain, because that's where our version of Santa claus comes from to hand out gifts on the fifth of december lol! On a more serious note: i'm very exited to see some more pictures of poch jawa's , what coo's do they have ? how many models are there?What combination of body and legs do they have ?What does the paintjob look like, and are there any variations ?hope you can put your pics back up and big thumbs up for the Spanish collectors who have shared their insights so far, i really appreciate it .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 am

Luis I have moved your post to here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5147p15-response-to-sergio-thegame-sw-in-the-poch-pbp-discussion-thread#84016

& I have replied & hope you consider my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 am

Another figure which is not yet present in Wolff's Poch guide is Dengar. Here is a sample, which could either be 100 % Poch or mixed up? I have found two identical samples in Spain, which both have this "double" MIHK coo. This could indicate, that this Dengar figure has mixed up Kenner/Poch limbs, which is however not certain at all. This could also be one Poch Dengar variant out of two or more?

Here are some pics (please notice the "acne" face)

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

The other sample has more obvious meltmarks in the butt area. Any opinions guys?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm

@Dr Dengar...the 4-LOM guide has an error on three of the four serial numbers for the chest armour. Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:31 pm

@walkie wrote:
@Dr Dengar...the 4-LOM guide has an error on three of the four serial numbers for the chest armour. Wink

Thanks Walkie, it should be 659019 instead of 659012.

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi Marco, just wanted to tell you that you've done an excellent Job with this thread so far and I hope it turn out with as much info and as many community contributions as the Lili Ledy thread did. A real shame to that the Spanish guys haven't decided to stay around and share there thoughts with us.

What's the deal with the PBP Rebel commander(Made in no Coo), is there only one type or is there one PBP exclusive and other's that where found on other Euro cards?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Quote :
A real shame to that the Spanish guys haven't decided to stay around and share there thoughts with us.

All of them??

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:21 am

@walkie wrote:
Quote :
A real shame to that the Spanish guys haven't decided to stay around and share there thoughts with us.

All of them??

Yes all of them, why have I missed something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 am

I think I missed something, I kept away from the thread during WW3.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:55 am

@walkie wrote:
I think I missed something, I kept away from the thread during WW3.

I think a lot of people did, would be great to see it back on track and even better if the Spanish guys decided to contribute IMO Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 am

It's not only the Spanish guys, who have decided not to post more in this thread.. Wolff has come to the same conclusion, which is really sad for the community.... Personally I'm seriously considering to follow the same path as Wolff and the Spanish guys to be quite honest. The fun posting here has totally dissapeared!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 am

Who would have thought a little piece of plastic could cause so much trouble?

But we have to respect people's decisions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Call me naive, but I thought grown ups would be able to discuss plastic toys in a civil way.

Man, I was so wrong!!! ... :I am stupid:

I wonder what was the reason why this thread has totally derailed.
Clash of cultures, or egos, something else....? scratch

Anyway, it happened, and I have no wish to turn back.

I gave it a thought last week, and in the end I decided to continue posting in this thread, and I hope others (maybe after some reconsideration) will join, in order to get good discussions.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Marco

Kudos to you. :clap:

I think that there are many of us that are watching this thread, but have not contributed yet. I hope it continues. Hopefully it will be as successful as the Lili Ledy thread.
Thanks

Clint
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:18 pm

@Dr Dengar.....please do. I have used the lili ledy thread a lot to increase both my knowledge and ledy collection and I am now happy to say I'm only 8 figures short.

Poch/pbp figures however remain a mystery to me and I'm guessing other non Spanish collectors.

I await your next figure addition with baited breath, knowing that I am safe to track down another variant and add it to my collection.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 am

For my part I have really tried to keep this thread alive lately with pics of some interesting and pretty unknown Poch figures (Han and Dengar). It turned pretty much into a monologue. That combined wih all the personal attacks in here in connection with Sergio's first post - and the continuing attacks afterwards from more sides simply made me loose all motivation to post here. Sad

Further more we have now lost some new Spanish members, who could have contributed with a lot of interesting figures and theories about Poch/PBP figures. On tip of the iceberg Wolff - to me the most knowledgeable variant collector in the World closely followed by Lee - has chosen not to post anymore in here.

Now let's only hope that Horacio (Ozio) decides to stay here and contribute with his huge LL knowledge..

This is a very sad situation for the TIG community indeed... Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next