Share | .

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Here are some quick snaps (I hope they help with the discussion).
My Iggy appears to differ from Ricardo's in terms of having no burr on the bottom. I'm not sure the precission of the paint application on the head is too important as I have seen Kenner figures with good & bad paint apps.
I was under the impression that the texture to the soft plastic forming the head & limbs was an indication of it being a late produced figure cast from a worn mold?
What do you guys think?
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:52 pm

yes, Steve. Yours and mine are very similar and I agree with your comments about the differences.

I am really sorry but I am not able to give you an explanation about the bubbly parts. Regarding how those figures can be found in 2 different countries, I suppose they were produced in one country and exported to other countries where they were packed.

I double confirm that my figure was given to me by a friend with other interesting sw figures like a leia bespin poch with original cape :-) and more.

Steve, thanks for your sharing your pictures. We always discover things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasycollectables.es
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Thanks Ricardo.

Unfortunately I know very little about Spanish produced figures, other than the fact some were Spain only releases & some are known to have been exported to other parts of Europe. Your Iggy is the only other one I've seen with COO #6 & the textured head & limbs. The fact they share these characteristics suggests they have a common origin, but I can't speculate whether that is Spain or Asia. Hopefully others will be able to shed some light on this interesting figure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi folks,

this time I want to share with all of you an easy to find figure but a great character.

Again, everybody is free to take their own conclusions.

Imperial Commander
kenner (left), pbp no coo #1 (middle), pbp no coo #2 different head and body (right)

What I see:
- kenner and pbp no coo #1 have same "brilliant" body. pbp no coo #2 has not "brilliant" body
- kenner and pbp no coo #1 have very similiar head but not exactly the same. pbp no coo #2 has different head
- all 3 have different hair color.

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:36 pm

@ackbar100 wrote:
Hi folks,

this time I want to share with all of you an easy to find figure but a great character.

Again, everybody is free to take their own conclusions.

Imperial Commander
kenner (left), pbp no coo #1 (middle), pbp no coo #2 different head and body (right)

What I see:
- kenner and pbp no coo #1 have same "brilliant" body. pbp no coo #2 has not "brilliant" body
- kenner and pbp no coo #1 have very similiar head but not exactly the same. pbp no coo #2 has different head
- all 3 have different hair color.

Hi Ricardo

Great that you've decided to contribute to this thread, I think that your Imperial commander on the right is actually the one known as the Tri-logo variant, not sure on the hair colour but looks the same, not sure why Tri-Logo either as its found on Palitoy ROTJ cards, maybe there ESB cards also. IMO that figure is made in HK and not by PBP. I also think that the same COO but with the HK present is also found on Palitoy cards but not 100% sure.

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 pm

I thought PBP and LEDY imperial commanders had curly thumbs?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:00 pm

No problem Scott. Very Happy
When comments are made in positive way, they are always welcome.

I would like to highlight that I am not going to discuss any post. My goal is to share some pictures and write about what I see in my figures. That's all. Everybody will be free to take their own decission.

Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:31 pm

@ackbar100 wrote:
No problem Scott. Very Happy
When comments are made in positive way, they are always welcome.

I would like to highlight that I am not going to discuss any post. My goal is to share some pictures and write about what I see in my figures. That's all. Everybody will be free to take their own decission.

Very Happy Very Happy

Hay Ricardo, no problem and I look forward to seeing what else you have.

I know you said you'r not going to discus any but i thinkk thats a real shame as a lot can be learned about these PBP made figures, just wondering what makes you think he's (right) made by PBP?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Some times it is necessary to do an exception Very Happy

Scott, you are right. The third figure is a trilogo one. Totally agree.

:I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm

I hope you can not find more lapses Smile Smile

here you are luke x wing pilot. All 3 pbp scar.

regular one (left), pink face (middle), pale face (right)

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:57 pm

@ackbar100 wrote:
Some times it is necessary to do an exception Very Happy

Scott, you are right. The third figure is a trilogo one. Totally agree.

:I am stupid:

Thanks for your thoughts Ricardo, glad that you agree and that's one less PBP we need to worrie about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 pm

@ackbar100 wrote:
I hope you can not find more lapses Smile Smile

here you are luke x wing pilot. All 3 pbp scar.

regular one (left), pink face (middle), pale face (right)

Fingers crossed that the rest that you have are PBP mate, those are Awesome looking Luke's you have there, I think they are all made by PBP but like the Han hoth some also appear on Palitoy cards. I have not seen one carded myself but I have seen a couple with the pink faces for sale loose in the UK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portyman
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks for thr great info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:21 am

A few close up photos of my POCH C-3PO, it matches yours Marco but with a few "extra" features....

*Torso crack below head
*Melt marks on leg
*Same COO
*Same deep gold colour
*Gaps between torso

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:46 am

I have to cath up, a lot of contributions were made in this thread the past week. cheers

Ricardo: Thank you for posting the pictures of the Imperial Commander.

There was also a discussion about him on page 19: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p270-the-poch-pbp-discussion-thread

What I understand: Imperial Commanders having COO#4 might well be produced in Spain, but you can not link them exclusively to PBP, as they appear on European cards as well. Similar case as the pale face Dengar and AT AT commander, I guess.

@Kenneth_B wrote:

This "PBP" IC with no coo scar light brown/reddish hair, pupils, eye brows etc was exported to other European countries, I think.. All though you can find it on regular basis in Spanish collections, I have too found quite a few samples in for instance GB, France - even a few in the US...

But it certainly should be Spansih PBP produced figure. But as mentioned I don't consider this as an "exclusive" PBP variant. It's not that hard to find, since you can find it regularely on ebay and other sites.

@Dr Dengar wrote:

All figures below have:
  • COO#4
  • Curled thumb

From left to right:
1. Lili Ledy. Dark brown hair, long hair line, tanned skin.
2. Figure from Spain. Light brown hair, short hair line, normal pink face. Note the fingerprint from the factory worker, LOL.
3. Figure from Spain. Reddish hair, short hair line, reddish pink face.

Does this help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:53 am

Ricardo: I like the line-up of the three X-Wing Pilots!! Very Happy

The left one is often described as a PBP figure but from what I understood appeared on other European cards (e.g. Palitoy). Was it ever confirmed on a PBP cardback?

I always thought that only the pink and white face figures (middle and right) were exclusive to PBP.

Do you see any subtle differences in the moulds when comparing the left figure with the other two?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:03 am

Stefan: Thank you for sharing pics of your C-3PO! cheers

It definitely looks very golden like the Spanish C-3POs discussed on page 10: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p135-the-poch-pbp-discussion-thread

Sofar this figure has not been confirmed as being POCH. It just seems to pop up in Spanish collections. From where did you get yours?

Apart from the very golden paint (or maybe the used varnish is more prone to yellowing ), the figures have these typical factory imperfecftions.

I am 90% sure this is indeed a POCH figure.

Final proof has to await pictures of MOCs.......(this would be a good moment for Ifantelo to chime in Very Happy ).

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 am

My C-3PO is from a Spanish collection.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:38 am

Very illustrative thread guys, as allways a very interesting read, congrats.

What i have found so far in Spain.Two scar types.Two face details styles :Light reddish-brown and dark brown.5 slight hairs variants

I am guessing maybe one of those 5 examples is exclusive for the Spanish market

BTW:
Marco, your PBP Imperial commander have REPAINTED hair for sure.Sorry to say

Thanks
J.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:44 am

@javiswspain wrote:

BTW:
Marco, your PBP Imperial commander have REPAINTED hair for sure.Sorry to say

You are right, Javi. Thanks for the heads up.

I had a close look and there is brown paint underneath the green. Evil or Very Mad

Tjeeesss..I have to check where it came from.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 am

We have added a new TIG banner for POCH/PBP figures.

Kudos to Ozio for making this killer banner. :clap: :clap:

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 am

That's a great banner! Very Happy Ozio deserves a round of applause. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I always enjoy the different banners!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 am

That banner kicks ass. We need someone to make these into t-shirts.

I always wondered who made them, so excellent work Ozio :clap:

Can we or do we have a thread with all the old banners?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:05 am

@walkie wrote:
That banner kicks ass. We need someone to make these into t-shirts.

I always wondered who made them, so excellent work Ozio :clap:

Can we or do we have a thread with all the old banners?

Wouter (Hyver) also made a few of the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Everyone who made banners deserves thanks. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next