Share | .

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Thank you Ricardo and Mirco for discussing the Han Solo variants.

Here are some pics of mine.

From left to right:
A. Pink hands, fat painted eye brows.
B. Pink hands, medium painted eye brows.
C. Pale hands, very fat painted eye brows.

All figures have the same no COO.

I tried to link these figures to Mirco's picture. I think it is as follows, but am not sure. Would appreciate some feedback on this.
A = 2
B= 4
C = 1

@mike-skywalker wrote:

The right one on your picture is not really a unique PBP figure. You´ll find this one also on Palitoy and General Mills 45 backs. I have a Han Solo from Spain with a unmistakable eye paint. See 2nd figure on the picture.
1. PBP Han pale Hands
2. PBP Han middle pink hands fat painted eyes
3. Same COO but not exclusive on PBP Cards....pale face, small painted eyes and eyebrows...only appearance on Trilogo small blister Cards.
4./5. Same COO...appearance on ESB Palitoy and General Mills 45 back Cards.

I have already put no. 3 on my wish list. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Let's discuss Leia a bit more:

I have three Leias from Spain in my collection. See the pics below.

From left to right: Leia A (left), Leia B (middle), Leia C (right).

From left to right: Leia A (left), Leia B (right).

Summary:

A: Pale hands, pale face, light brown belt, small eye brows, COO#5 (bought as a POCH figure from a Spanish collector)
B: Pink hands, pinkish face, COO#2, black belt, fat eye brows, COO#2 (obtained from a Spanish childhood collection)
C: Same as B IMO (bought as POCH figure from a Spanish collector)

Ricardo: Interestingly your Spanish Leia seems to be a mix of Leia A (pale hands), and B (torso, head, legs with COO#2).
What do you think?

@ackbar100 wrote:

Here you are a leia poch. When she appears with the kenner one, poch is always on the left.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Below you see a comparison picture of Leia A and B from the previous post with a Kenner figure having pale (faded, discoloured) hands.

From left to right: Kenner figure with faded hands (left), Leia A from Spain (middle). Leia B from Spain (right).

Leia A has pale hands which are typical for POCH figures.
These hands looks totally different compared to faded Kenner hands.

I posted this so you guys realise that not every pale hand figure on ebay is a POCH figure.
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:31 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Let's discuss Leia a bit more:

Ricardo: Interestingly your Spanish Leia seems to be a mix of Leia A (pale hands), and B (torso, head, legs with COO#2).
What do you think?

Hi Dengar,

You are right, my figure looks a mix of both leia's, definetively.

:-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasycollectables.es
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:57 am

@ackbar100 wrote:

Hi Dengar,

You are right, my figure looks a mix of both leia's, definetively.

:-)

Thanks Ricardo!

It would be great if we could view some more Leias from Spain.

There is one in Kenneth's limelight, but the pic is too small to see any details.

Picture - Kenneth B.

Kenneth: Can you post some other pics of her highness pls?

And off course pictures from other Spanish Leias are much welcomed here as well.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:04 am

Luis has a Leia in his collection as well. cheers

@lfantelo wrote:

Looks like Luis' Leia and my Leia B (and C) are the same: pink hands and head.

@ Variant experts: Was this variant also available outside of Spain?

From left to right: Leia A (left), Leia B (middle), Leia C (right).

Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 am

Nice day for a rare pbp figure.

Cloud car pilot pbp scar pink face with original pbp accesories -clear grey-.

I am still thinking whic one will be the next

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Great figure, and in great condition too. :Drool:

The light grey accessories are rare too!

Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:

Great figure, and in great condition too. :Drool:

The light grey accessories are rare too!

Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

I really appreciate your comments Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Sorry just going back to the Han's again, I bought this one from e bay about a year ago. the seller just listed him as a regular big head Han not specifically PBP, he has the same no coo, he has pale hands and the same large eyebrows as figure C in Marco's picture. was this figure exclusive or did he come on Palitoy tri logos? i'm guessing that because i didn't buy him from Spain that its the latter but a confirmation either way would be appreciated.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

This Dengar figure I've had for years, can't remember where or when i picked him up. I always figured him to be a tri logo due to his pale face, but because of his coo "Made In Hong Kong" partial scar i was wondering if he was a PBP exclusive or again, just a Palitoy tri logo.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

If these figures are PBP's should i pair them up with a specific variant of weapon? Any advice on this would be greatly apreciated, cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm

@ackbar100 wrote:
Nice day for a rare pbp figure.

Cloud car pilot pbp scar pink face with original pbp accesories -clear grey-.

I am still thinking whic one will be the next

As Always ++++ for your input and willing to share +++

just , compare to the poch ccp accesories how rare are this? are the grey accessories unink to the pbp pink face figure?

Last edited by Starwizz on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 pm

@chris.75 wrote:

This Dengar figure I've had for years, can't remember where or when i picked him up. I always figured him to be a tri logo due to his pale face, but because of his coo "Made In Hong Kong" partial scar i was wondering if he was a PBP exclusive or again, just a Palitoy tri logo.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

If these figures are PBP's should i pair them up with a specific variant of weapon? Any advice on this would be greatly apreciated, cheers.

Joe's,http://trilogo.info/
some pictures of my card figure with same coo , sorry for the bad pictures Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:09 pm

@Starwizz wrote:

Joe's,http://trilogo.info/
some pictures of my card figure with same coo , sorry for the bad pictures Wink

Thank you very much for the link and the confirmation pics Starwizz i really appreciate your help. Just out of curiosity can you tell if his rifle is a V#1 or v#2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Hey Chris and StarWizz, thanks for contributing here! Very Happy

BTW: Nice pictures, Chris!

Concerning PBP weapons, I wrote something in the first post. Just a theory, not been confirmed yet.

@Dr Dengar wrote:

Most of the POCH/PBP accessories (weapons, capes,...) look identical to accessories which were supplied with Kenner figures. It might therefore well be that PBP imported most or maybe all of their accessories from Far East factories that also used to produce for Kenner. That would explain why for instance the PBP 4-LOM cape is virtually indistinguishable from capes that came with Kenner US figures.
However there are a few accessories that seem to be exclusive for the PBP line. For instance the 4-LOM red harnass, the blue 'metal' Bespin blaster, the light grey CCP blaster and commlink. Still these PBP exclusive accessories might be produced in the Far East as well. They might just represent (small) lots that were produced for PBP using different batches of plastic/dye.

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Hey Chris and StarWizz, thanks for contributing here! Very Happy

BTW: Nice pictures, Chris!

Concerning PBP weapons, I wrote something in the first post. Just a theory, not been confirmed yet.

Thanks marco, i'm thinking of getting one of those mini studio tents off e bay with the lighting and camera mount. Seeing as i'm taking a lot more pics of my figures these days. I'd like to contribute more to a lot of the discussion threads on TIG but my loose variants collection is still fairly small, as is my knowledge on the subject Laughing
So i guess it doesn't matter at the mo which variant of weapon i put with my PBP figures, except for the exclusives you mentioned (which i dont have anyway) Thanks guys cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 am

This is a call to the Poch/PBP experts lol!

My Spanish friend sent me a bunch of figures that he purchased on local fleamarkets and through classified ads. For sure I have detected among them a few POCH/PBP figures (Han Solo in Hoth disguise for example). Unfortunately they are all in heavily played with condition and some have been chewed... Sad

In any case the plastic of those figures and even the color are not the same as used for the Kenner line (now that I have them in hands I can compare). I am sure for both Han solo, both stormtrooper, the AT AT driver and Tie Pilot. I have doubts for Snaggletooth and Hammerhead. Additionnally the welding of the stormtrooper is so bad I can not imagine it would have passed any Kenner quality inspection.
There is also a gun that has a strange metallic blue color (that's the first one I have seen so far).
I made a few pics. Maybe you guys could bring some light in my ignorance? :I am stupid:

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:20 am

Hey Alex,

Great Spanish childhood collecdtion, I hope there will be some gems inside for you.

Han Hoth looks like the pale face variant. Is his jacket darker blue than a regular Han Hoth, does the COO match?

The badly welded Stormtroper: Hong Kong COO? Might be POCH in that case. Some pics will help.

Also check the R2.

Cheers

More about the metallic blaster here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5446-help-identifying-a-metallic-bespin-blaster

Back to top Go down
plantainman
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 am

Nice pickup Jedi-B

The black bespin guard looks like the PBP version, which is a nice pickup.

Snaggletooth is 100% PBP.

The Han original looks to have pale features, so check his COO vs the PBP/POCH thread, because he may be a very nice spanish variant and he looks in decent condition too.

I don't know about the Han hoth, but there's loads of literature about him that I doubt you'll have trouble narrowing down his origin. Same with the stormies.

Marco has pointed you in the right direction with the metallic blaster. I believe Dr.D owns two of these, Yours would complete a hatrick for him Razz

I bet Walkie will comment soon, I reckon this would be the kind of parcel he'd like to receive on the doorstep most mornings.

Well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 am

Quote :
I bet Walkie will comment soon, I reckon this would be the kind of parcel he'd like to receive on the doorstep most mornings.

Am I that predictable?!?!

Quote :
Marco has pointed you in the right direction with the metallic blaster. I believe Dr.D owns two of these, Yours would complete a hatrick for him Razz

Yes marco has two already so here has enough LOL!, and it's about time I got my first one!

Joking apart, nice pick ups everyone again, it looks like LEDY figures are becoming very popular again. Hopefully another update from me tomorrow, and no LEDY this item scratch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 am

@Starwizz wrote:

just , compare to the poch ccp accesories how rare are this? are the grey accessories unink to the pbp pink face figure?

Hi Starwizz, in my opinion the clear grey commlink is most difficult one to find... but it is just my opion. I have 2 or 3 samples of each rare pbp weapon but clear grey commlink only one.

Regarding to your second question.... I am afraid I can not give you an anwser. To be honest, I don't know.

Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:03 am

What about new stuff here.

It is time for a rare Lando POCH no black neck.

The brown color used in the figure is darker than the black neck version.

As usual no comments, please feel free to take your conclusions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:25 pm

I have also a Lando with this greyish pants! I did not knwo it was a Spanish production, is the cape not lighter than its Kenner counterpart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

More pics on my "Spanish" present! han solo outfit is definitively grey molded and not blue as its Kenner counterpart (see pic 4 and 5) and the mould seems to be different as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Ricardo I might have this Poch Lando also. I'll check tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:30 am

@Jedi Blueberry wrote:
This is a call to the Poch/PBP experts lol!

Although they have been very well played, you have nice things here. I love the electric blue blaster :-)

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next