Share | .

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Still in the POCH mood today. Very Happy

Below two Kenner Ugnaught figures are compared to one which came from Spain.

From left to right:
1) Kenner, COO #1, Normal hands
2) Kenner, COO #1, Faded hands,
3) Ugnaught from Spain, COO#7.

Compared to his Kenner brothers, the Ugnaught from Spain has:
- A head which is cast in a paler plastic
- Smaller pupils
- Pale hands.

Note: A Kenner figure with faded hands was included in the comparison to demonstrate that the pale hand colour of the Spanish Ugnaught is different from faded (discoloured) Kenner hands.

Here some solo pics of the Spanish Ugnaught.

Don’t know about you, but to me this figure looks like a Class I PBP figure (“early POCH”).

Please share your Spanish Ugnaughts here, so we can check for similarities/differences.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Below you see an interesting Luke Farmboy line-up.

From left to right:
1) Kenner, COO #1 (2 line HK), brown hair
2) Figure from Spain, COO #1 (2 line HK), brown hair
3) Confirmed POCH, COO #6 (3 line HK), blond hair

The figure in the middle is interesting and has a lot of POCH characteristics in common with the confirmed POCH Luke on the right:
- Pale hands
- Pale neck
- Greenish brown boots.

BTW: The same greenish brown boots can also be seen on the two Spanish Leia Hoth figures (one confirmed and one assumed POCH).

From left to right: 1. Leia (Kenner). 2. Leia (from Spain). 3. POCH Leia. 4. POCH Luke (not a DT saber BTW, just a broken tip Very Happy).

But there are also some clear differences between the middle figure and the POCH Luke on the right.....

First the different COO. (2 line HK vs 3 line HK). How to explain that? unsure

Actually it makes sense assuming PBP imported unpainted overstock from Asia from different factories. Each factory used their own pair of molds marked with their own COOs. Eventually plastic parts originating from different Asian factories got mixed up in the PBP factory and after painting these were welded into complete figures.
This would explain why some POCH figures can appear with two different HK COOs on different figures (sometimes even on the same figure). Luke Farmboy would not be the only example. Think Leia Hoth, and Jawa which were discussed before.

The second and most obvious difference is off course the head, which looks totally different (brown vs blond hair and different facial details, plastic).
Is this a POCH head, like the blond head?

Probably not! Take a look at the head of the Kenner figure on the left. Dark hair colour, facial details, even the mark on the left of the head (probably a mold defect), it all matches!
Probably this head was already painted in Asia before being exported as overstock to PBP. That’s why it has Kenner characteristics and not POCH characteristics. During the welding process this head was assembled with parts that (assumption!) were painted in house (arms, torso, legs, all with POCH traits) to end up in this Class II PBP figure (‘hybrid POCH’).

Kenner (left), Spanish (right).

OK, time for a wrap up: Very Happy
To me it seems that the brown hair Spanish Luke is a Class II PBP figure, having features of Kenner (head) and POCH (the rest).

What's more::
1) Assuming that the 2 line HK COO parts were present and painted in the PBP factory, I can imagine that there also exists a blond POCH Luke with this COO. Time will tell. Very Happy
2) This is not a one of a kind figure. A very similar figure was offered for sale on a Spanish website about a year ago. It was offered at that time with the original cardback, a 41A back.
3) It appears that the 41A backs were not only used for the Class I (pure POCH) figures. At least in case of this brown hair Luke, it seems that Class II figures (hybrid POCH) could also be packed on these early cards (and not first on 41B/C cards).

Source: starwarsspanishstuff.info

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat May 04, 2013 5:55 am

I made some compariosn pics of my Ben figures from Spain with a Kenner figure.

The Kenner Ben is always on the left. The other figures (one or two) are Ben figures bought from Spain.

Compared to his Kenner brother, the Ben figures from Spain have:
- a very thin light grey hair paint application, it almost looks a bit transparant.
- a pale face
- pale hands

The cape seems to be the same as a Kenner cape (colour, texture, and feeling). Not a surprise as I assume all accessories where imported from Asia as well (like I assume for the figure parts).

Note that the Kenner Ben has a different COO, so the comparison can be a bit different when comparing to a Kenner figure having the exact same COO.

The same figure sems to be carded on the 41A example below:

Source: starwarsspanishstuff.info

Wrap up: To me both Ben figures look like Class I PBP figures ("pure POCH"). How about you?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat May 04, 2013 6:01 am

I also have a Ben which I bought via ebay from a Spanish seller last year. He has all the characteristics like the two Spanish Bens in the previous post, but his hair is painted very white.
I am not sure whether it is factory applied, it might very well be a custom job. If you look carfully, you can see there is grey paint underneath.
In the pics you see him at the right, on the left is the normal Spanish Ben (assumed to be POCH).

Curious what you think about this Ben.

Just a POCH figure with a custom paint job by a creative Spanish kid who liked his Ben figure better this way?

Please share your pics if you have a similar painted Ben.

Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Still in the POCH mood today. Very Happy

Below two Kenner Ugnaught figures are compared to one which came from Spain.

From left to right:
1) Kenner, COO #1, Normal hands
2) Kenner, COO #1, Faded hands,
3) Ugnaught from Spain, COO#7.

- A head which is cast in a paler plastic
- Smaller pupils
- Pale hands.

Note: A Kenner figure with faded hands was included in the comparison to demonstrate that the pale hand colour of the Spanish Ugnaught is different from faded (discoloured) Kenner hands.

Don’t know about you, but to me this figure looks like a Class I PBP figure (“early POCH”).

Please share your Spanish Ugnaughts here, so we can check for similarities/differences.

Cheers

Sorry for my delay, Dr Dengar. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Here you are pics of my Poch Ugnaught

On the left hand, poch figure / on the right kenner one

- A head which is cast in a paler plastic: OK
- Smaller pupils. I CAN NOT CONFIRM THIS
- Pale hands. OK
- Non sonic welded, OK IN MY CASE

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasycollectables.es
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Dr Dengar,

you go faster than me :-)

Here you are my poch obi wan

Poch figure on the left / kenner figure on the right.

- As the ugnaught poch figure face is paler than kenner one
- clear grey hair in the poch one
- melt marks in the back
- pale hands on the poch one
- cape: Poch one has a peak on the top -see picture- EDITED. Sorry, I don't have more kenner obi wan's to compare. So I can not extrapolate to all figures.

I hope you like it.

Last edited by ackbar100 on Tue May 07, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi Ricardo, great that you gave feedback by posting pics of your Spanish Ugnaught and Ben. Much appreciated! Very Happy

Both your Ugnaught and Ben have the same features as the figures which I posted. This is a good sign, they are indeed POCH!

@ackbar100 wrote:

- cape: Poch one has a peak on the top -see picture-

I will have to check some of my Kenner capes. I can imagine Kenner capes can have a pointed top as well? unsure Maybe others can chime in here as well...

I will also check the cape which came with my POCH Ben.
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue May 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Blobbed out COO Vader from Spain:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Great find, FC! Very Happy

Lee was looking for other collectors having this Vader with blobbed out COO. (on page 20).

@Lee_m wrote:
While there is vader discussion going on i thought i'd add this little known spanish vader variant and my thoughts on him.

Those old skool variant collectors that are around will remember Uli's cool little pbp guide he did a few years ago. Now, in it, he showed
a spanish vader with unique coo that he had managed to find three examples of only in spain and believed it to be an unconfirmed
pbp variant.

Now, in the many years of having many many vader coo's pass through my hands i have never found or seen an identical coo to
Uli's example until recently, i managed to get one in a spanish lot with other pbp figures.

Check out the pictures - the coo is totally unique. The 'H' remains and the rest is blobbed out, NOT scarred out like other vader coo's.

The cape has the little factory 'cut' or 'step' in it like other no coo spanish and european vaders. The saber is more orange in colour like
others i have seen on spanish figures also.

Tell me if anyone else also has this vader coo and moreso was it acquired in spain.

Now i have one in hand to compare to Uli's example i truly beleive in a unique to pbp variant and not found anywhere else.

Tell me what you think...

How did you acquire this Vader? From a Spanish lot/seller?
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue May 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Nice find with the blobbed CoO Vader.
I wasnt aware of the CoO, thanks for showing it.
One more to look out for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed May 08, 2013 3:19 am

ahh so there could be a PBP Vader exclusive after all? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed May 08, 2013 5:53 am

@chris.75 wrote:
ahh so there could be a PBP Vader exclusive after all? scratch

Who knows, sofar the few known examples have only been found in Spain, I belief.

Maybe the molds corresponding to this COO were used only very briefly, to produce figures which were exclusive for the Spanish market .

Thereafter the COO was scarred out to produce the COO#8 Vader, which appeared on PBP cards, Palitoy cards, and in Clipper mail aways. unsure
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:

He came straight from Spain in a childhood lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 am

@flycasual wrote:
@Dr Dengar wrote:

He came straight from Spain in a childhood lot.

Good catch! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed May 08, 2013 11:56 am

well done, guys cheers

here you are another example from Spain.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 pm

I love the pace in this thread right now, keep it going!! Very Happy

Nice Darth Vader, Ricardo!

So we have three of these bobbled out COOs now in this thread, all from Spain...

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Thu May 09, 2013 2:41 am

Hey Ricardo,

Sorry for these late pics but here is my Spanish MIHK Lando with brown neck. It seems near identical to your Poch Lando imo: The very dark brown hands, scar on the butt, brown "Poch" spots on the right arm, the darker brown paint on the neck compared tp the brown facial paint, etc. The heads don't match 100 % imo though.. Or do they? What do you think..? Same variant?

Here are the pics: Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Thu May 09, 2013 8:30 am

@Kenneth_B wrote:
Hey Ricardo,

Sorry for these late pics but here is my Spanish MIHK Lando with brown neck. It seems near identical to your Poch Lando imo: The very dark brown hands, scar on the butt, brown "Poch" spots on the right arm, the darker brown paint on the neck compared tp the brown facial paint, etc. The heads don't match 100 % imo though.. Or do they? What do you think..? Same variant?

Here are the pics: Very Happy

Hi Kenneth,

I totaly agree with you. Everything match except the head. Yours looks more clear. It seems we have here another kind of plastic for heads.
Nice sample yours. CONGRATULATIONS

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 12:52 am

Thanks for the reply Ricardo! Very Happy Yeah the heads on our two Poch Lando's with brown neck are definately different imo too.

My "blurred out" no coo PBP Vader sample:

Next up from me will be a very unknown/unconfirmed Poch variant - the joined vizor Snowtrooper.. Wink

Have a nice weekend guys!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 am

Hey Kenneth,

Thanks for posting pics of your brown neck Lando and 'blobbed out" COO Vader. Very Happy

Do you remember from where you got your Vader?

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 1:34 am

Got it from the country, which won the Euro 2012 beating Italy 4-0 in the final! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 am

@Kenneth_B wrote:
Got it from the country, which won the Euro 2012 beating Italy 4-0 in the final! Wink

Was that the same country beating The Netherlands in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final by any chance? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 4:35 am

LOL! Very Happy Yeah always that country.. Wink I have given up counting how many times, that they have beaten Denmark in Euro or World Cup related tournaments. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 5:15 am

Hey guys,

leave us to give some fun :clap: :clap: we need to forget our europe record of unemployment rate doh doh doh

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri May 10, 2013 6:53 am

@ackbar100 wrote:
Hey guys,

leave us to give some fun :clap: :clap: we need to forget our europe record of unemployment rate doh doh doh

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Agree, let's forget about the current problems and grant our Spanish friends some fun.... Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6fpaR5190&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-