Share | .

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

Marco, pm sent regarding Spanish hammerheads, can't post he as it breaks forum rules Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:22 am

Poch Rebel Soldier with metallic blue blaster

No doubts against this figure.... IMO

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasycollectables.es
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

@ackbar100 wrote:

I found one in the UK recently.Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:03 am

Thank you Ackbar for posting pics of the Hammerhead and Rebel Soldier. Links to both posts have now been made on page 1.

With regards to your Hammerhead from a Spanish childhood collection. It looks like a normal Kenner figure to me. Supporting the theory this figure was imported by PBP (Class IV).

But the figure also has some marks (neck and butt area). Are these meltmarks?  If so, it is good to realise that meltmarks are not exclusve for PBP, these sometimes occur on Kenner figures too. Still, we can not exclude the possibility that this figure was sonic welded by PBP, causing the marks to appear. In that case it would probably be a Class II figure (as the paint of the figure does not differ from a Kenner figure). unsure

Would be good to have more pics of Hong Kong COO Hammerheads from Spanish childhood collections.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 am

@ Ackbar: Your POCH Rebel Soldier looks the same as the one described by Wolff. Typical is the very white paint on the trousers, and the smaller bar on the chest emblem. Your figure has all these traits! cheers

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch-variants/rebel-soldier/

Also typical POCH: The top of the legs which are not painted white, so you can still see brown plastic there (see pic below). Kenner figures can also have white painted legs but the top of the legs are painted then as well. 

About the rare blue metallic Bespin blaster. I had the idea that this gun came with some of the later released figures, like the dark brown PBP Rebel Soldier.
How sure are you that this gun originally belonged to the POCH Rebel Soldier? 

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5446-help-identifying-a-metallic-bespin-blaster

Source: trilogo.info

@flycasual wrote:
@ackbar100 wrote:

@FC: Can you check your Rebel Soldier for the absence of white paint on top of the legs pls?  Just curious whether you found a Kenner or POCH figure in the UK.

Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Quote :
@flycasual wrote:
@ackbar100 wrote:

@FC: Can you check your Rebel Soldier for the absence of white paint on top of the legs pls?  Just curious whether you found a Kenner or POCH figure in the UK.
I don't have him, so I can't.  He was pretty POCHy though.tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi Dr Dengar, I totally agree with you. It seems a kenner one everywhere. I have not been able to find any difference compared to others figure from US.  With this sort of figures is impossible to confirm anything that's why in my post I didn't say it was a poch one, I just said that I found it in Spain -which it is true-. Regarding melt marks, you are right again, they don't mean this is figure is a pbp one but how the marks were in the figure I just wanted to showed them but again, no comments for my side to convince anybody about origin. My goal was just share pictures from a figure that I own and they  could be interesting for the rest of the forum. yes, sires, I am not able to prove anything with this figure  and I don't even going to try. By the way, I don't know why but I can not add smile facesssssss wrote:
Dr Dengar

Thank you Ackbar for posting pics of the Hammerhead and Rebel Soldier. Links to both posts have now been made on page 1.

With regards to your Hammerhead from a Spanish childhood collection. It looks like a normal Kenner figure to me. Supporting the theory this figure was imported by PBP (Class IV).

But the figure also has some marks (neck and butt area). Are these meltmarks?  If so, it is good to realise that meltmarks are not exclusve for PBP, these sometimes occur on Kenner figures too. Still, we can not exclude the possibility that this figure was sonic welded by PBP, causing the marks to appear. In that case it would probably be a Class II figure (as the paint of the figure does not differ from a Kenner figure). unsure

Would be good to have more pics of Hong Kong COO Hammerheads from Spanish childhood collections.

Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi Dr Dengar,
 if you check carefully the fourth picture you will note that the leg has not been painted internaly anyway here you are another picture to clarify.
 Regarding the weapon, I got this figure from a collector and it came with this weapon, I mean, this figure wasn't from a street market nor friend. I can not give you an asnwer to your query. Sorry for this.   Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi Ackbar,

Definitely a POCH Rebel Soldier. 

Thanks for adding a new pic which makes this even more clear.
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:13 am

Hi Dr Dengar, I have been asking around to spanish poch/pbp carded figures collectors that I know. It seems you are right, any Imperio carded figure has surfaced with a metallic blue blaster inside so far. Due to that, we can confirm by 99% that those weapons were only available on 65 back Retorno. Having in mind this, now I can say that my poch RS doesn't much with its weapon :-( I am afraid I have to toss them to the garbich :-)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Dr Dengar wrote:

About the rare blue metallic Bespin blaster. I had the idea that this gun came with some of the later released figures, like the dark brown PBP Rebel Soldier.
How sure are you that this gun originally belonged to the POCH Rebel Soldier? 

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5446-help-identifying-a-metallic-bespin-blaster

Source: trilogo.info

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 am

I have a good garbage bin at my house Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:56 am

I'd very much like to add a PBP stormie to my collection but am not sure on this sample.
According seller it's PBP and while the COO looks good i have my doubts on the torso / helmetstyle (looks soft like on the trilogo comparison photo?).

Any opinion would be welcomed.

thx in advance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm

I can only point out this image from the same Lili Ledy thread:

The TriLogo one on the left shares the same, more rounded helmet detail in the center of his head as the one you are investigating.
The center PBP one does not have that distinct detail, just the TriLogo.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:
on the other hand, at least in the two pictures, the one you are investigating seems to have sharper details than the TriLogo one pictured in the LL comparison picture... so I have no idea what to make of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leia.bespin.info/
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:18 am

Thx for your thoughts!

I think inconclusive so i'll leave it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 am

@Thargoil wrote:
Thx for your thoughts!

I think inconclusive so i'll leave it.

Don't give up too soon. Cool

• Does your figure has the same COO as the Ledy Stromtrooper, so the one line COO?  (difficult to see on the pic)

• And hard plastic limbs,

• and not the thicker black helmet band (like a Ledy has).

Then I would say it is a PBP figure.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p660-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#Stormtrooper
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:58 am

Thx Marco,

After thorough 'investigation' I'm still unsure.
Pictures from the seller are not detailed enough and that's another sign to me. (How thorough can you get with bad pictures Smile).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:43 am

OK, I understand now, those pics are from the seller, not yours.

With some altered exposure, it looks like the Stormi has a 2-line COO, so it is the Tri version, not a PBP.

When I see a PBP Stormi for sale somewhere, I will let you know.

Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:22 am

Thx Marco!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 am

Well, it is time for another figure before I have no access to my account for a while.

This time is a Poch 2-1B. Poch is on the right when is compared. There are some small differences. It is a nice exersice to find them :-)

cheers
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey there.

I looked at the COO guide for the AT-AT Driver and didn't see anything to tell me what COO#7 is or where he might have came from (a Scarred No COO).
Looking at the figure I noticed a trait that POCH/PBP have in the drippy paint marks, so I was wondering if he could possibly be one?
The paint really only is in one area and not crazy like some pictures I have seen in this thread, so it could just be a bit of slop from where ever he did get made. He feels a bit tacky if that means anything one way or another.

Anyway... here he is... last picture shows his glove with the paint in question.

cheers and thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Right folks, today I present to you a ...... Bespin Luke Obviously Very Happy

I would like your opinions on this Bespin Luke if you would be so kind. I had a word with Wolff about this to see what he thought and I think the general thought is that it could be a 'mixed up' figure.

Either way I thought I'd share him with you guys to see what you think.

First of all a little back story, I've actually had this figure for about 3 years and bought him initially as a ginger Bespin Luke with the large HK COO for the reason he had a 'short shot' hand and I thought he would be nice for my focus as a factory error type figure. When he arrived I did think he looked a little different, but wasn't really familiar with Poch/PBP stuff and alo my research wasn't what it is now and he has kind of remained out of the main focus because I classed him as a factory error, however a sales post by Kenneth B got me thinking differently, and after sorting through my Luke's the other day I started thinking a few things.

Bear in mind I'm still missing the brown haired HK Large Poch Bespin uke from my collection (anyone got one for sale?????) and this really got me thinking.

Now first of all, I know it's not that figure but I'd like your opinions all the same. I'll talk you through it in a comparrison way to the actual Ginger HK large Luke generally regarded as the Palitoy variant.

First up, here's the actual figure:

Secondly, a head comparison, now the 'Palitoy' version has a vibrant ginger hair and always has thin black eye prints. This figure (right) has lighter ginger hair and brown bold eye prints.

Next is the hands, Now the 'Palitoy' version always has a kind of dull flesh tone which is probably the best flesh paint used on any Bespin Luke, this one is notably paler (bottom)

Now the boots, it's important to note that the 'Palitoy' ginger Luke has brown boot's, not tan or sienna, this colour is unique to this figure and they ALL have it. The figure in question however has tan boot's and the paint is rather poorly applied with several over-lapping splashes onto the legs and a couple of thin spots. There is also some extra flashing not usually present on the stanrad figures.

Next up, melt marks? There is definately some marks on the back, but it's hard to tell wether they are melt marks or just damage, however the belt on the back of the torso and the parts of the belt which are on the actual legs (left leg in particular) show marks. There are also other marks around the edge of the leg not shown in the pic (sorry)

Finally is the COO, HK large

Another thing is the sonic weld on the crouch is poor and slightly open (I forgot to take a pic of this and am away at th moment, but when I return next week I will update the post if required)

Cheers for looking, any thought?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:49 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Here you go:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Received a PBP stormtrooper today cheers and thought it would be nice to make a small comparison picture with LL.
(PBP helmet looks like Chewie got his hands on it and not yet 100% sure about the blaster, still happy to add this boy (for less than E15,-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Just wanted to share this here as well.

POCH Leia Bespin.

I hope to help document more on her soon with info on the appropriate cape (which I don't have yet), blaster (ditto) and I would love to figure out the link between her and the Ledy Blonde LB.

Anyway, for now, here are my images of my latest Leia Bespin! (extra large image here)

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:54 am

Beautiful Poch Leia Bespin Jay!Smile It feels like, that I have seen her before though..?Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next