The Imperial Gunnery Forum

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm

I just missed out on a MIB Viper Launch Station the other night. Thanks to kisstour03 for the link on that item.

But, this just arrived from our great province of Manitoba!

My first ship / vehicle. Very Happy

Canadain edition MIB Colonial Scarab. The box and contents are in excellent shape. The little bag of accessories has been open, so I'm going to assume it's been played with. But it is still in minty condition. cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

That's a real Beauty Clint - very cool cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 am

@ourchickenshack wrote:
That's a real Beauty Clint - very cool cheers

Thanks James. It was a great find, but I may have over paid.....

Here are a few new pieces that I picked up cheap.

A couple of Cylon Raiders and a Viper. One of the Cylon Raiders is a non rocket firing version.

The only difference between the original rocket firing and the non firing models are the rockets them selves. The firing mechanisms are the same on all the ships. The non firing models had the rockets installed prior to leaving the factory. They just added some tabs on the rocket so they couldn't shoot out of the mechanism.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 am

Awesome pickups Clint cheers

Really like seeing how they changed the missiles to being non firing - I had know idea how they did it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:28 am

@ourchickenshack wrote:
Awesome pickups Clint cheers

Really like seeing how they changed the missiles to being non firing - I had know idea how they did it Very Happy

Thanks again James. Very Happy

I really didn't know about the missles either until I took a beater cylon raider apart and saw the difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I am now starting to recollect BSG got a few nice figs one really nice gold cylon from James a set of blueprints among other things will get some photos of it all one of the cool things is in October Richard Hatch is coming to a comic convention in the city so I will get to meet him and have a fig signed which will be cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 pm

I had the vehicles as a kid. When they were recalled my parents took them back to the store Sad I don't remember getting the updated versions Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 pm

@arohk wrote:
I am now starting to recollect BSG got a few nice figs one really nice gold cylon from James a set of blueprints among other things will get some photos of it all one of the cool things is in October Richard Hatch is coming to a comic convention in the city so I will get to meet him and have a fig signed which will be cool.

Larry, you are out in Victoria, right? Looking forward to seeing your collection. Very Happy I'm just finishing watching the BSG reboot on Netflix, I only have about 10 episodes left. It's a little weird watch Richard Hatch in the new version playing a different role. lol! Good luck with meeting him and getting the autograph. cheers

@curch wrote:
I had the vehicles as a kid. When they were recalled my parents took them back to the store Sad I don't remember getting the updated versions Sad

church, to bad they didn't get the replacements. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:20 pm

cool that you are watching the new Battlestar Clint - do you like it ?

I've watched the entire series 3 times - I actually really like it Very Happy

It does get a little hokey towards the end of the series but at least the 1st 2/3 of the series is pretty frackin good What a Face

I think the most common complaint I have heard from others on the series is that the cylons don't look the same . I have to agree that I like the original series "mechanical" cylons better but I really have no complaints with the new "human" models ....

bow :Drool: bow

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 pm

@ourchickenshack wrote:
cool that you are watching the new Battlestar Clint - do you like it ?

I've watched the entire series 3 times - I actually really like it Very Happy

It does get a little hokey towards the end of the series but at least the 1st 2/3 of the series is pretty frackin good What a Face

I think the most common complaint I have heard from others on the series is that the cylons don't look the same . I have to agree that I like the original series "mechanical" cylons better but I really have no complaints with the new "human" models ....

bow :Drool: bow

I don't mind the new cylons especially Tricia Helfer :Drool:

I've just finished Season 4 episode 12 and it has become a little "hokey". They have found cylon earth, but was nuked, and trying to find another planet, and seems like civil war is about to break out. But other than that, the first 3 seasons were great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:33 am

That's right Commander Clint I am in Victoria it is going to be so cool to meet him as for my collection these are a few photos of what I have so far that I have out there are more in boxes which I still need to get out of storage but these are the newest figs I got and my blueprints.

Cylon commander I got from James

some cut carded figs

and my blueprints
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Nice collection Larry Very Happy I am glad you are happy with the Gold Cylon I sent you cheers

Glad you are liking the TV series Clint - I really think it is one of the best sci fi series I have seen in a long time . Olmos is fantastic as Adama , some of the scenes with him in it really rip your heart out - great actor What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Larry, that's a nice bunch of BSG figures you have there. cheers 

@ourchickenshack wrote:
Glad you are liking the TV series Clint - I really think it is one of the best sci fi series I have seen in a long time .

I'm on episode 20 of the original 24 BSG episodes on Netflix.  It's funny, in one of the last episodes, I swear they actually talk about the almost human cylon's.  What a Face   Next, I will have to watch BSG 80's and Caprica series.  I kind of remember the 80's series, but I've never seen the Caprica series.

A couple of new pieces for the collection.  I sold the American version MOC Imperious Leader that I had, so that I could get the Canadian version MOC Imperious Leader.  cheers 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I now have the whole figure collection plus some ships as far as the convention they canceled it for some reason when I get the rest of the collection together I will post more pics and it's thanks to James who pretty much helped me complete the figure collection and also one of the vehicles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 am

@arohk wrote:
I now have the whole figure collection plus some ships as far as the convention they canceled it for some reason when I get the rest of the collection together I will post more pics and it's thanks to James who pretty much helped me complete the figure collection and also one of the vehicles.

So you didn't get your autograph? Sad
James is always great to deal with and has some super nice figures. I will be looking forward to seeing more of your collection. cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Love the new additions Clint  cheers 

I am glad I could help you complete your Galactica collection Larry  Very Happy 

I love this line - one of these days I am going to try and put together a collection of the little ships too - they are so freaking cool  :clap: 

have either of you guys ever seen or own any of the Mexican Bootleg Galactica figures ? I see them pop up from time to time on Ebay and have been very tempted to buy a few  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Nope I haven't seen them before I will have to keep an eye out for them, I wonder how many different lines there are for Galactica items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:22 pm

@ourchickenshack wrote:
have either of you guys ever seen or own any of the Mexican Bootleg Galactica figures ? I see them pop up from time to time on Ebay and have been very tempted to buy a few  Very Happy 

I have seen them pop up on ebay every once in a while. I do have 1 with the loose figures on pg1, it's a solid black cylon. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Here is some more of my collection this is the newest stuff I got over the last year.

The Daggets

more figs one will become apollo

I have two of these one with club and one with spear

Carded Adama

other items

I also have some cubits and a cylon raider plus parts of a viper among other things when I get it all more organized I will show the whole collection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Embarassed 

O.K. time to 'fess up..

I'm also partial to a little vintage B.S.G.

And I still want a jacket like Starbuck's

Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Larry, that's a nice bunch of figures you just got. :clap: 

Thundershot, thanks for sharing some of your BSG collection.  I love how you set up your figures and capture the action in your pictures. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 am

Not strictly on topic... did anyone here ever get to see this live show, on the Universal Studios tour, back in the 80's?

It all looks a bit old hat now-a-days, but pretty advanced for it's time. The 9 year old me would of loved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:52 am

Thundershot, thanks for sharing that video. That would have been great in it's day. :clap: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:07 am

Cheers.

Also, on the Galactica vibe, (I read) that Richard Hatch had tried to re-launch the series back in the 90's.. I've only recently found the promo on Youtube... it's probably old news by now Laughing 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri May 02, 2014 9:16 pm

I dug this out of storage. I almost forgot that I had it.

1978 Marvel comics Battlestar Galactica Super Special! 25.4 cm x 34.29 cm (10" x 13 1/2")

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next