The Imperial Gunnery Forum

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:09 pm

picked this bad boy up at the local fleemarket on the weekend for $7 a complete Canadian BSG game a good addition to my collection if I do say Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:28 pm

That's a great BSG Canadian edition pick up for $7, Larry. Very Happy  I've seen other complete games go for between $12 - $50.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Larry, that BG board game is so cool  cheers 

Clint, nice Marvel collector's edition  cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:42 am

@ Clint - I picked up some comics and magazines and found a couple of nice BG ads.
The first one looks like the UK version of the comic you featured a couple of posts back.

From Starburst Vol 1. N° 8. 1978. UK.

and I really like this cinema ad...

From Starburst N° 22. 1980.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
The first one looks like the UK version of the comic you featured a couple of posts back.

Those are some great ad's Paul. :clap: 

I think there are a few variants of that comic and not just from different countries. Look at the position of the viper, and the level of detail on the galactica. I've even noticed other differences on the covers.

I love the cinema ad, I haven't seen that scene before. cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:14 pm

this is my newest pick up a rocket firing cylon raider
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:47 am

Larry, Looks like it's in fantastic shape. :clap:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:13 am

I like that RF Cylon ship. Cool pick up Cool

Here's another BG cinema ad I found in the last lot of comics I picked up.
1979. Odeon, Leicester Square, UK.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:22 pm

it is in great shape I got it from a friend here. I am going to grab his viper as well this weekend. With that one I will only need a few more ships to complete the whole set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Paul, that's another great advert. cheers   Thanks for adding it.

Larry, did you add that Viper?

Here was my latest addition.  I traded in some extra stuff for this Canadian Colonial Stellar Probe box and complete loose ship. cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Great pick ups guys cheers

Just bought a nice Boray figure from E-bay, will post pics when he lands Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 pm

[quote="Commander Clint"]Paul, that's another great advert. cheers   Thanks for adding it.

Larry, did you add that Viper?

Oh ya I forgot to mention the Viper I did pick it up complete with pilot.

Nico is your Boray figure complete with his club if not talk to James he may still have one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:53 am

@arohk wrote:

Nico is your Boray figure complete with his club if not talk to James he may still have one.

Cheers Larry cheers I do need a club for him, and believe James has one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:19 pm

no worries bud I know I bought a Boray off James but didn't need the club.

Aside from what my SS got me this is one I found here in the city he is missing his gun tip

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Just got home with this great piece. It's incomplete, but I'm still stoked to have it. cheers
Even better, I didn't have to sell the farm to get it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:44 pm

sweet that is one on my to get list with box and for this one I would like the U.S. released one as it is rarer then the Canadian one that's a switch lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:12 pm

@arohk wrote:
sweet that is one on my to get list with box and for this one I would like the U.S. released one as it is rarer then the Canadian one that's a switch lol

Larry, I wish you all the luck in the hunt for one. Very Happy They have a nice MIB Canadian one at my local toy store, they are asking $2000.

I forgot to mention your great 12" Colonial Warrior. That is a sweet pick-up. I'm missing that piece from my collection at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:47 pm

I need to personally thank Clint for this one he found it while looking for another item, Considering the condition of mine this was a great pick up for me. The box was an added bonus that he didn't even know about til he picked it up so it now looks great in my collection as well Smile I just need to turn the tail fin around or it would be a pain for the pilot to fly lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:48 pm

And here is my newest P/U missing the foam vipers and cylon targets but everything else is in good shape

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:09 am

@arohk wrote:
And here is my newest P/U missing the foam vipers and cylon targets but everything else is in good shape

So cool to see that. I had one of these as a kid and it was huge. But I'm sure the two Vipers that came with it were made of a hard rubber rather than foam. IIRC the handle underneath the covered part was to hold it and fire the Vipers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Nice pick up Larry. :clap: I would love to have one of these, but I don't have the room to display it at the moment. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Oh yah she is rather large that is for sure I have been drooling over it at Cherrybomb for the last few months I finally bit the bullet and got it. I never had this as a toy but it was one I always wanted Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Does anyone else collect vintage Battlestar Galactica?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3