HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iceworm
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:26 pm

I saw this auction on ebay selling Jedi Luke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230906321211&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The Palace Blaster could be an undocumented repro. It appears to be V2 (Cast in Grey) repro.

The grey Palace Blaster, on ebay, has the general look, but lacks the fine details of an original. The bump / circle below the barrel is missing. Also, the two bumps / circles above the handle are not present.

According to TIG, V2 repro was cast in black.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/palaceblasters.htm

Call me out if I am wrong. The photo the seller provided was not clear. Based on my experience with Palace Blasters, I would state it is a repro. But, I do not own an original gray Palace Blaster.

See photo.

Let us pin this down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Mmm. From the photo, my first thought is repro blaster (although the colour looks ok for a Taiwan version).
The hilt of the saber dosen't look right either (the edges of the area between the handle & blade looks square rather than angled).

Other opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Sabre looks odd, however I've seen them photographed that way before. Why not ask the seller for another photo?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceworm
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Yes, I did think the hilt looked odd, but I did not want to clutter the thread. So, I focused on the blaster.

I did request more photos.

In a letter with the seller, he told me if I had any doubts about the weapons...don't bid. Yep, I guess you can do it that way.

We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 am

@iceworm wrote:
Yes, I did think the hilt looked odd, but I did not want to clutter the thread. So, I focused on the blaster.

I did request more photos.

In a letter with the seller, he told me if I had any doubts about the weapons...don't bid. Yep, I guess you can do it that way.

We'll see what happens.

That sounds to me like he knows there repo but the other weapons in his lots look ok so he might not, I can't see the 2 bumps from that picture but it doesn't sound right and the saber is definitely a new repo, colour looks great and I bet it floats to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Item ended. Did you receive more pics from the seller?

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Item ended. Did you receive more pics from the seller?

Seconded any news mate? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceworm
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Sorry about the delay. I had some business that needed to be done.

No, the seller did not provide any further photos. He said, "...bid at your own risk." That left a sour taste in my mouth.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jedi Luke Palace Blaster -- V2 Gray Possible Repro

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1