Share | .

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

A few more here (and more on my Flickr).... not sure... sometimes these things just work and others they don't.

I finally have a farmboy I like, but it isn't my norm. He is a hard bugger to get done the exact way I want!!! Ditto for Leia Bespin. Its those single color, detailed body sculpts that are ticking me off!

I am running out of figures!!! There are so many I want to do, but I simply don't have them. I have a few more but nothing special. But I will get to them too.

Anyway......

OTHER BROKEN IMAGE LINKS REMOVED SINCE FLICKR SCREWED ME.
Please check my Flickr Set in my sig.... I have no idea what was supposed to be here!

cheers!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leia.bespin.info/
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Jay, you are doing some stunning work. I think my favorite is the tri fett with the removable rocket. Is that Kahn's figure? That is absolutely awesome. Keep it up.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
Jay, you are doing some stunning work.  I think my favorite is the tri fett with the removable rocket.  Is that Kahn's figure?  That is absolutely awesome.  Keep it up.
No... all work I publish are my figures and my pictures and unfortunately the Fett with removable rocket is a repro 'replica' I do own. It was unpainted when I got it but I customized it. Sad  Smile  Yeah, repro/replica, but cool.

The tri-fett I used is a non-removable rocket one and different in the final appearance.
I like the RRR one personally... it just screams bad-ass! Laughing
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Wow, it looks just like a tri fett the way you made the pic. Don't frett about owning a repro, I will never be able to afford a rocket fett and have some of the poon fett's myself.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm

a bunch more cool pics Jay cheers 

I really like the Zuckuss shot - looks like he's dancing Very Happy 

for some reason it reminds me of the old tv show Laugh In What a Face 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 pm

@ourchickenshack wrote:
a bunch more cool pics Jay cheers 

I really like the Zuckuss shot - looks like he's dancing Very Happy 

for some reason it reminds me of the old tv show Laugh In What a Face 
Very Happy Thanks!
FOr some reason, the second I have an odd alien in the light tent to take pictures, they all seem to want to do crazy poses for the camera! I can't stop them so I just let them have fun for the camera! Wink

Actually, for some reason that shot reminds me of Late Nite w/ Zuckuss skit from Robot Chicken. I don't know why, but it does. scratch 

And I am working on a few collages for kicks and might even try to see if a print could sell on ebay. I doubt it but it can't hurt to try.
So I tried this....

(all my images are public so sorry about the subtle watermark on this one just in case I do decide to try ebay)

Broken links again.. first post has everything...........

I am curious what anyone thinks of the Droids collage.

Anyway...

cheers!!!!!!!!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Sorry if it seems I am self bumping Razz

So far my favorite Vader but there is no background detail! uugghhhh........ Always something.......

And my latest attempt at "Family"

Last edited by psybertech on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 pm

I had to do my Glasslite Luke... came out pretty good I think. Farmboys are difficult to say the least.

And I was taking images for some ebay sales and while photographing 3 Jawa capes (no figures), it caught my eye and I think it is kinda funny.

Funny thing, I remember having at least two Vinyl Capes as a kid and when I went to my friends house he had the new fangled cloth ones. I immediately traded my VCs for the cloth ones because I saw it as a way to double my Jawa family playing with them naked and treating the cloth capes as figures!
Man, I was a stupid kid!

Last edited by psybertech on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Picked up a few loosies this weekend in order to do a Bounty Hunters piece for kicks.

Some outtakes:

And just cause I always liked the oddity of this droid:

And a different direction for some personas:

cheers!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:16 pm

These are coming along quite well.
The chest up side profiles are really cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 am

@psybertech wrote:
Picked up a few loosies this weekend in order to do a Bounty Hunters piece for kicks.

Looks really good as a group shot, nice work Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:40 am

Love the dancing IG-88 Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Man, this is embarrassing!
Flickr is very temperamental! If you breath on an image the wrong way, the links break... or their server farms just go bonkers.

Either way... I am sorry about the broken links! I am soooooooooooo pissed right now. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Angry SW Angry SW Angry SW 

I will gather myself later and re-do this entire thread as best as possible.

If anyone cares to see my stuff, just use the link in my signature to see my Flickr Artwork. It never fails when viewed in Flickr but sucks it is so fragile outside Flickr itself.

I was going to post a couple more, but I will wait until this crap gets fixed... again.............
head bang
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 pm

You got something going with these two. Looks very good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:32 pm

I've said this before, but this time I mean it.
I think I fixed the Flickr disappearing images... man, I hope so cause it just ticks me off!

So just a couple new ones that I kinda like...

My first attempt at a Leia Bespin (Escape) custom figure, art-ified

And from the Black 6" Series

Anyway... post one is updated with everything that I haven't posted (most new stuff is near the bottom, but take a slow scroll on your way down).

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:19 pm

I love photo mosaics.
I have two 24 x 36 inch ones framed of Yoda and Vader from somewhere over 15 years ago (maybe 20?)... anyway... I always loved them and seeing that I was heavily in the photo industry back then, I loved the concept of making one picture out of a ton of smaller, similar subject photos.

Well, flash forward to today and there is a ton of software out there to do this for you.
I am fortunate enough to have about 600+ photos of Leia Bespin from my focus and research alone, so I decided to try to make one for myself.

Well, here is the outcome...
You really need to click the image to open the original image size to understand the scope if it. (NOT just enlarge it, click on the image itself!!!!)

31 Back

My Geisha Leia

What do you think? Cool? Headache inducing? Smile

OH.... and first page was updated with my latest pieces that I haven't bumped the thread with. Everything is there (newest at the bottom) except this mosaic.

anyway..................

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

THIS IS F***cking CRAZY!!!!

Just WOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

THIS IS F***cking CRAZY!!!!

Just WOW!
hehe... thanks...

Now imagine, Wolff, what kind of mosaics YOU can create!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shocked pirat cyclops tongue What a Face bounce bounce bounce 

Here are 2 more to make you want to try (I have no where near the amount of photos you do!!!) ..........

and

my focus using my focus... tongue

bare in mind, for some of these you need to squint your eyes...... or have a massive monitor..... or just be :bong: chilling................

Very cool stuff and I think I am about to go :bong: :drumroll:  :SOS: dalek 
lmao....

I love the fact that my original images translate so well without any effort. Smile

thanks for the nod Wolff!
hehe

cheers!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:31 am

Those photo mosaics are bloody brilliant Jay! :clap: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 am

The ANDY WARHOL of TIG, nice work bro, you arts sweet as, cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:04 pm

haha that photo software is great! Nice effects, Jay.
Just think, in the old days you would've had to do all that by hand as a massive collage, or employ a team to do it for you What a Face

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 am

wow how can I do this would love to see what my yoda`s come out like,.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey sw.1979.

I used a piece of software to create Photo Mosaics. There are a bunch out there, but I used AndreaMosaic from HERE.

It takes a few times to get the results you want and that application has a ton of tweaks.

Anyway.........................................................................

And I wanted to add to my screensaver since I haven't really added any new artwork recently (! need new loose figures!!! I have taken shots of them all now Sad)  and thought my tri-logos might look neat as art and I do think they came out OK - some better than others but I wanted to try to keep a uniform look to them all.

updated page one as well

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 pm

great stuff thanks for the link ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:50 pm

I added a few more cardback art shots on the first page, but also added these which I like....

It is a 6" Black Series Wave 2 Boba (SWEET figure!!!!!). The first pic is my favorite of the three.

Anyway......... first post updated with everything...........

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next