Share | .

FIAT car part?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: FIAT car part?   Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Anyone here that know anything about FIAT cars?

I recently bought a very old plastic injection machine, 1960~. Usually you don't get any plates/form when buying a machine, but one did follow. I ran the machine for the first time last night since setting up and it made these small plastic caps/pluggs. I have no idea what they are.
I'm just using the Granulat that followed when I bought it. I have no idea if they are supposed to be white.

Sorry for crappy pictures.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 am

They look like 'standard' plugs in many cars for blocking holes but are usually black & rubber. What size are they? (1/2") It surprises me that a car manufacturer would bother to make their own plugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 am

I'm thiking along the same lines as AJ, blind rubber grommets.

But more importantly what are you planning to make? or did you purchase the Uzay tooling and your keeping it a secret!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks I did contact fiat classic Sweden and the answer was drainage plugs. There are 2 sizes the larger one is 2.5cm, I haven't measured the other but I am guessing half an inch.
The smaller ones are cut off so it only makes the 2 large ones. It seems they made both parts cut off from the beginning opening up the one that was needed. They are supposed to be rubber, I just did them with the granules that followed with the machine, done a bunch for fun now and they are no longer coming out dirty Smile

About the Uzay lol no, I do have plans that will be revealed in time Smile no worries I won't do repros except possibly a better version of my glow in the dark sabers. Currently setting up the water cooling and making the new mold. This is machine is why I've been inactive for a while Smile

The Fiat mold is for sale if someone is interested. It should be from the 60s~ I suspect the machine was sold and the mold followed.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 am

@Rawlin wrote:
About the Uzay lol no, I do have plans that will be revealed in time :)no worries I won't do repros except possibly a better version of my glow in the dark sabers. Currently setting up the water cooling and making the new mold. This is machine is why I've been inactive for a while Smile
Interesting! I'm working on a project myself to improve one of the original vintage figures. I have most of it modelled up in 3D cad but i've not had chance to finish it off. I need to pull my finger out so I can progress to the next stage rapid prototypes Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 am

Nice Smile what machine are you using?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:09 am

@Rawlin wrote:
Nice :)what machine are you using?
I can only do the CAD/design work myself. I will have to outsource the prototyping. How are you planning to make the molds?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: FIAT car part?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 am

I got my 3d print from shapeways a week ago, confirming that my 3d cad is as it should. It's a cheap way to see everything is alright, now I had removed the fiat mold and going to measure it tomorrow. Basically my new mold will be like the one already on but I hope to be able to put in a die.
To make the cnc cad I simply invert the cad model into 2 blocks.

Back to top Go down

FIAT car part?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1