The Imperial Gunnery Forum

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:23 am

Hi guys.

I love this old Japanese puppet series & have managed to add a couple of toys & a jigsaw puzzle to my toy collection:

This guy was the real hero of the show, Dai-X

It took 20+ years for me to get my hands on a toy one & it was well worth the wait.

Despite being the most basic of the 3 versions produced, & only standing around 6 inches tall, it boasts loads of spring operated features such as concealed chest missile & rocket firing fists.  

The sword, which never featured in the series, is almost as long as the robot is tall & (in the best tradition of Japanese toys) is sharp & pointy enough to easily poke a young childs eye out... no wonder it wasn't sold in the U.K.

So does any one else remember or collect Starfleet?

Cheers
T'shot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:40 am

I remember the show.  Very Happy 
I think it was shown on ITV on Saturday mornings.

Those are some great looking toys. I have to admit I don't remember seeing those in the shops, I guess I was too wrapped up in SW toys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:40 am

Don't remember that one T/shot but it does look pretty cool mate, love the Dai-X robot  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?   Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:19 am

@cantina_patron wrote:
I remember the show.  Very Happy 
I think it was shown on ITV on Saturday mornings.

Those are some great looking toys. I have to admit I don't remember seeing those in the shops, I guess I was too wrapped up in SW toys.

Hi,
Yeah you're correct it was shown about 9.30 a.m., before I.T.V's own kids show.. I can't recall which one exactly.. it would of been around the same year as 'Number 73'?

A lot of folks get Starfleet confused with Terrahawks,

.. another fantastic puppet show, created by Gerry Anderson, which had superior puppets & production values but the story was no where near as grown up in its themes, character development & story. I'm not dissing Terrahawks, there, as I love that show just as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:11 am

I never had any Starfleet toys but did Watch the show. I also remember it being on Sat mornings around same time as Number 73... another programme I watched  Smile 

Terrahawks I also watched, and recently I watched a lot of épisodes online.

I can't believe what an absolute arsehole the character 'Tiger' Ninestein is lol.

I think Anderson and Burr went full out to create a series of black/twisted humour and sarcasm. A lot of this prob went over my head as a kid. But it was funny waching it again. I'm surprised the zeroids didn't put a bag over Tiger's head, batter him, and leave him stranded in space  Twisted Evil 

Zelda's dysfunctional family was funny too.

But back to Starfleet - a great show and congrats on picking up some rare toys!

Cool Brian May soundtrack too. This version has Eddie Van Halen playing too:

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:28 am

celebrate  

Someone who remembers No 73!!!

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anyone a fan of, or even remember, Starfleet?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1