Share | .

Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:35 pm

@TeekSolo wrote:
Holiday Special Fett

That's a fantastic job on the Holiday Fett. :clap:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:46 am

Thanks, I was quite pleased with the way it turned out but surprised by the amount of work involved. Although I did make two so I guess that didn't help. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:34 am

@TeekSolo wrote:
Although I did make two so I guess that didn't help. Laughing

That is the way to do it. cheers I always try and make 2. That way I have one to trade. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:28 pm

I have considered selling one, I'd want to put it on a custom card but I've never made one and I'm quite specific about how it should look. Ideally I'd want the logo to say Holiday Special but I haven't been able to find anything remotely close to my needs. Still I've no real need to sell and I'm not sure they're good enough to do so but it would bring in some extra cash to put back into the hobby. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Roger, that's a great job on the Holiday Fett, especially for a first go. Look forward to your next creations. Nice work cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Watch for the TXI team at CE3, they have 50 - R4-M9's & some Fleet Troopers, for a chance to win.

R4-I9 from episode IV

Group shot of R4-M9, R4-E1 & R4-I9

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:43 pm

My latest creation R2-X2.  I've had this one half finished for months, but had some time the other night to finish it up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Nice, have you made a mold of the legs, torso, head, etc.. so you don't have to find beater r2 units or are you using beaters to make them? Just curious if it is easier to get old parts or make newer ones.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
Nice, have you made a mold of the legs, torso, head, etc.. so you don't have to find beater r2 units or are you using beaters to make them? Just curious if it is easier to get old parts or make newer ones.

Thanks Bryan.  This one is actually a bunch of beater parts that I still have stored away.  I didn't notice that it had 2 different leg lengths till I had it painted.

The prices for beater figures has gotten ridiculous, so I've stopped buying them.

I do have moulds made, to make all the R2 parts, including the R4 head.  I'm currently working on moulding the R4-D5 heads & interior collars, plus another part.  I figure it cost me about $2 per droid to make the parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:52 pm

My latest creations

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mat8yr
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Thu May 11, 2017 2:06 am

Nice droids there Clint, well observed on the movie details too.

Well, I decided to step into the world of vintage custom figures so I started with an easy one to get the hang of it... also I fancied a Grand Moff Tarkin figure, so here he is:

He's a modern Tarkin head, cut down a little and spliced onto a vintage imperial commander, sprayed (badly since it came off on my fingers as I painted the details, maybe I aught to have used a lacquer), and some detail work to give him some life - I think he works kinda well actually  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks for your kind words about the droids. I missed your comment, as I was preparing to go to Orlando.

Nice Tarkin figure. That's one I need to work on as well.

In order to help with the paint from peeling off, especially with acrylic paints, you need to prime the figure first, and always put a clear coat on after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomDrake
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Madinimus Maximus!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1   Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 am

Love it. A tie in to mad Max is destined to be awesome.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vintage Customs Thread: Overview of Customs on Page 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36