International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Welcome aboard Pier. The ledy guide here is about the best one around. If you have questions just ask. You can also use the search function on the toolbar to find some threads pertaining to your questions sometimes.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pier
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:10 am

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron-kin
New User
New User

PostSubject: Well hello there......   Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:32 am

Name: Aaron
Single/Married: Single
Residence: New Zealand
Kids: 2
Pets: 1cat
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: I loved watching the original trilogy when I was younger because you could forget about life for a bit and just enjoy the adventure.
How did you get here?: I was looking up information regarding a vintage Luke Bespin figure with no COO.
Collecting Focus: It used to be primarily vintage figures but now it seems to be anything that catches my eye lol
Character Focus: I've always liked the 'minor' background characters....I've always looked at them on screen and thought 'what's your story champ'
Collecting interest: It honestly varies so much, I love the bootleg figures that pop up and have to buy them when I see them
Looking For: Good discussions relating to SWs minus the negative bagging that seems to find its way in to so many SWs sites now days.....hey I'm a Jar Jar fan and I'm not afraid to admit it hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bazzack
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi all. Thought it polite to say hello, rather than just rocking in for raffle tickets without an intro
A bit about me:
Barry
Married
New Zealander
Self employed supplier of cool AV shizz
1 kiddie & 1 on the way
Pets: a crazy cat
How did you get here?: long time user of the TIG accessories identification guide, and the latest raffle drew me out of the shadows.
Collecting Focus: minty loose figures
Character Focus: R2
Looking For: Yak Face Coin, VC Jawa, Various R2's, All types of figure variants....etc

Thanks for the great resource you have going on. And thanks for having me!
Hopefully I can contribute in some way. R2D2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northwinds
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Name: Peter
Single/Married: Married to Linda
Residence: Netherlands
Kids: 1 (well from my wife's first marriage)
Pets: fish
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: I never forget the feeling I experienced while watching the first movie
back in 1978. I never had this feeling again by any other movie I saw in later years.
Hooked since then.
How did you get here?: By first using the ID site, only a short while ago I noticed there was also a forum
Collecting Focus: Focus is on completing my loose vintage collection (as good as complete) and expanding to
vintate MOC's.
Character Focus: Reeyees I guess but only slight
Collecting interest: Vintage SW but also modern series, eg I really like the Rebels figures.
Looking For: Rebels AT-AT Driver and so much more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Welcome aboard guys. Hope you decide to hang around and get to know us. This is a great site with great people and some of the best info around on variants and weapons.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron-kin
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Thanks very much.....I joined right before Christmas/New Years so crazy time for being busy lol I'll be an annoying presents on the boards real soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Man, I apologize to you for not seeing your post sooner. I try to welcome all new guys when I can but I guess somehow I missed the notification on the thread. Anyway glad to have you aboard.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
seven8nine
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:50 am

Hello Guys thanks for having me!
Name:John
Single/Married:Married with Children
Residence:Lakewood, Ohio
Kids:4 kids ages 7,10,12,17
Pets:2 Jack russells
Reason(s) you love Star Wars:Have been mesmerized since childhood @ A New Hope Smile
How did you get here?:Searching for how to avoid buying figs with repro accessories Booooooo..
Collecting Focus:Vintage loose Figures in near mint condition
Character Focus: A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return Of Jedi
Collecting interest:Love all things vintage if the deal is there I cant resist
Looking For:Variations on all vintage figs

Last edited by seven8nine on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roguetype-o
New User
New User

PostSubject: New in the neighborhood   Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 am

Hello from Spain, I have some Star Wars figures that I will upload photos to share
Hobby: Illustration and sculpture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:08 am

Welcome to the site guys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Welcome to all the new guys!

I hope you all stay and have a look around.

Don't be shy to create and discuss topics or share your collections!

Enjoy! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bazzack
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Thanks for the friendly welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artoo_Detour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:40 pm

welcome Welcome to TIG all the new guys, great to have you aboard cheers

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 am

welcome to all the new guys !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
titusillu
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:38 am

Hello everybody,
thought I should introduce myself after the whole raffle "incidence".

My name is Titus, I am a 47 year old toy collector from Berlin, Germany.
Main focus is and probably will stay Star Wars, but there is also lots of other stuff in my collection, be it 70ties and 80ties toys from japanese animee or planet of the apes by Mego ...

I am a silent reader here for years, and will probably not be able to contribute too much, since you guys know so much more then I do about variants of figures and boxes, its amazing and let me say that this site is a very important source for MANY collectors I know, so keep up the good work, there are a lot of people out there who really appreciate it!!!

As for me I am a SW fan from 1978 on - when me and my brother were taken to the theater by my aunt. Eventually lost interest when I grew up, but came back to the toys around 95 - 98, buying just loose stuff on the fleemarkets to get me a set of figures. I didnt start collecting boxes and MoCs until maybe 2005 when I discovered about 10 Kenner Boxes in a second hand store that was about to close, and managed to get a very good price for the lot, thats how the MiB / MoC started.

a little while ago i made this pic, its in my studio (i am a freelance illustrator), where I had this huge shelve set up by a friend whos carpenter. I am semi happy to have my toys at work, but I had to give up my room in the appartement when our second child was born. sometimes quite a distraction at work, but thats the price you pay as a pationate collector, I guess. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:06 am

Hi Titus, I think many of us have had to trade our 'toy room' to house kids!!! Great to see your collection still found a display.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi Woolley
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:58 pm

This is my second time of joining. The first time I didn't actually post anything  Embarassed
I've decided to start a fresh with my actual name this time.

Name: James (Jimi to my mates) Woolley
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Derby, UK
Occupation: Run a wedding hire business with a vintage VW Campervan and house husband.
Kids: 2 Star Wars mad boys, aged 4 & 6
Pets: 2 miniature Dachshunds
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: Always have, always will
How did you get here?: I'm on my second stint off collecting. Collected for a couple of years about 9/10 years ago. Only really focused on loose figures and didn't know a great deal. I started back up about 3 years ago and fell for it hook line and sinker this time. Found the SWFUK forum and then Facebook groups and soon realised TIG was the place for info. Been a long time reader but never contributed. I can honestly say that the majority of my knowledge has come from here. I know quite a few of you guys from Facebook and the forum, especially Stef, AJ and JP.
Collecting Focus: loose figures mainly
Character Focus: Pop Up R2D2
Collecting interest: Getting interested in variants and learning about mould families etc. Really passionate about learning as much as I can at the minute, buying has taken a bit of a back seat.
Looking For: Pop Up R2 related items I don't have at a reasonable price... which is the current problem Sad

Here is where I'm at with my Pop Up focus

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Fantastic to see you here Jimi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi Woolley
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 pm

@aussiejames wrote:
Fantastic to see you here Jimi Very Happy

I've been saying I was going to get involved for ages. Our hobby relies on forums to hold the quality information in a searchable manner. We'd be lost without forums!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 pm

I have to figure out these notifications as I missed the post from Titus. Bit belayed, but welcome to him.

James (jimi), great to have you aboard. Cool focus you have going. Are you wanting to get into preproduction stuff? A blank name tag r2 revenge proof just sold not long ago. Not sure I have seen any 3D prototype items for the pop-up saber or sensorscope r2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:17 am

welcome

Glad to have you aboard!

You picked the perfect focus character to drain your bank account! lol!

All kidding aside, what an awesome collection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swampyajc
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:59 am

Hi Everyone

I just signed up to the forum. So a quick message to say "hello fellow Star Wars fans" and say a little about me..

I grew up with Star Wars and at 42 have decided to complete my vintage figure collection following the.. (my mum gave most of my figures she found in the loft away years ago) thing happened to me!

(I now only need 18 figures (mostly the last 17!) and Princess Leia with her original white cape.

Fav Starwars item I own : My Master Replicas Storm Trooper helmet

Biggest Star Wars Regret : Gave away my Original mint condition EV-9D9 in 2003 to a kid who wanted it! Only now realise how much he was worth! Now I need to get another one!

One thing about me : I have lots and only Starwars tattoos on my body Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:51 am

welcome

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next