International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Welcome aboard. Lots of star wars tattoos, that is a true fan.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DruidofTheForce
New User
New User

PostSubject: Hello TIG!   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

Hi guys. Thanks for this forum.

I started collecting back in the early 90's and only recently discovered an old box of figures. Needing the cash I reluctantly sold them, wished I hadn't and now I'm collecting and trading again! I do most of my buying and selling on ebay.

TIG has been a great source of information and really helped me in identification of variants so thanks very much for the help!

Speaking of which, I have a tricky one at the minute. A Leia Boushh with the Kenner/Ledy Hong Kong COO and the button missing on front strap. Not sure if she's a Ledy or Kenner. The hat is a Hong Kong painted version with an E inside and the Rifle is a V4b as far as I can tell. A right old mix! Any ideas? I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 am

@DruidofTheForce wrote:
Hi guys. Thanks for this forum.

I started collecting back in the early 90's and only recently discovered an old box of figures. Needing the cash I reluctantly sold them, wished I hadn't and now I'm collecting and trading again! I do most of my buying and selling on ebay.

TIG has been a great source of information and really helped me in identification of variants so thanks very much for the help!

Speaking of which, I have a tricky one at the minute. A Leia Boushh with the Kenner/Ledy Hong Kong COO and the button missing on front strap. Not sure if she's a Ledy or Kenner. The hat is a Hong Kong painted version with an E inside and the Rifle is a V4b as far as I can tell. A right old mix! Any ideas? I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again!

Hey,

Not sure if you've checked this out or not, but here's a discussion on Leia Boushh:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p30-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1

Our Figure of the Week section shows pretty much every helpful link there is about each specific figure.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4782-the-tig-fotw-thread-leia-boushh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DruidofTheForce
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks darthmatt22 I'll have a look now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psypros
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Name: ian
Single/Married: married
Residence: tn
Kids: 4
Pets: 0
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: childhood
How did you get here?: Google browse
Collecting Focus:
Character Focus:
Collecting interest:
Looking For:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Welcome Ian! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm new here. I started collecting in 1977 (or even before the movie came out). I bought every original action figure they had. I owned the millenium falcon, Landspeeder, Tie Fighter, X-Wing fighter and tons of other stuff. I sold it all when I was a teenager because I just no longer cared. In hindsight that was a mistake I would regret forever. Until this week. I've bought back the initial 12 figures along with my original Darth Vader case. I'll be buying the rest of the stuff soon also.

The only thing I kept was a cassette that was given to a friend of mine when he toured the facilities and met George Lucas. I still have the original cassette given to him by Mr. Lucas. He gave him 2 and he gave me one (I couldn't part with that one). I think we were 8 or 9 years old at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 pm

That is an awesome story!

Welcome to the community! cheers welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks. I have no way of proving the provenance but I'm too old to care and I'm not selling it anyway. It's the 1977 superscope cassette. He had a photo of the gift with Mr. Lucas but it was lost in a flood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17