International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Welcome aboard. Lots of star wars tattoos, that is a true fan.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DruidofTheForce
New User
New User

PostSubject: Hello TIG!   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

Hi guys. Thanks for this forum.

I started collecting back in the early 90's and only recently discovered an old box of figures. Needing the cash I reluctantly sold them, wished I hadn't and now I'm collecting and trading again! I do most of my buying and selling on ebay.

TIG has been a great source of information and really helped me in identification of variants so thanks very much for the help!

Speaking of which, I have a tricky one at the minute. A Leia Boushh with the Kenner/Ledy Hong Kong COO and the button missing on front strap. Not sure if she's a Ledy or Kenner. The hat is a Hong Kong painted version with an E inside and the Rifle is a V4b as far as I can tell. A right old mix! Any ideas? I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 am

@DruidofTheForce wrote:
Hi guys. Thanks for this forum.

I started collecting back in the early 90's and only recently discovered an old box of figures. Needing the cash I reluctantly sold them, wished I hadn't and now I'm collecting and trading again! I do most of my buying and selling on ebay.

TIG has been a great source of information and really helped me in identification of variants so thanks very much for the help!

Speaking of which, I have a tricky one at the minute. A Leia Boushh with the Kenner/Ledy Hong Kong COO and the button missing on front strap. Not sure if she's a Ledy or Kenner. The hat is a Hong Kong painted version with an E inside and the Rifle is a V4b as far as I can tell. A right old mix! Any ideas? I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again!

Hey,

Not sure if you've checked this out or not, but here's a discussion on Leia Boushh:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p30-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1

Our Figure of the Week section shows pretty much every helpful link there is about each specific figure.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4782-the-tig-fotw-thread-leia-boushh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DruidofTheForce
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks darthmatt22 I'll have a look now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psypros
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Name: ian
Single/Married: married
Residence: tn
Kids: 4
Pets: 0
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: childhood
How did you get here?: Google browse
Collecting Focus:
Character Focus:
Collecting interest:
Looking For:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Welcome Ian! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm new here. I started collecting in 1977 (or even before the movie came out). I bought every original action figure they had. I owned the millenium falcon, Landspeeder, Tie Fighter, X-Wing fighter and tons of other stuff. I sold it all when I was a teenager because I just no longer cared. In hindsight that was a mistake I would regret forever. Until this week. I've bought back the initial 12 figures along with my original Darth Vader case. I'll be buying the rest of the stuff soon also.

The only thing I kept was a cassette that was given to a friend of mine when he toured the facilities and met George Lucas. I still have the original cassette given to him by Mr. Lucas. He gave him 2 and he gave me one (I couldn't part with that one). I think we were 8 or 9 years old at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 pm

That is an awesome story!

Welcome to the community! cheers welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks. I have no way of proving the provenance but I'm too old to care and I'm not selling it anyway. It's the 1977 superscope cassette. He had a photo of the gift with Mr. Lucas but it was lost in a flood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason Beam
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed May 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Name: Jason Beam
Single/Married: the big D
Residence: Akron Ohio
Kids: 2
Pets: 3 2 dogs and cat
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: ever since seeing my first movie when I was a kid loved it
How did you get here?: actually a response from seller on Ebay
Collecting Focus: carded figures
Character Focus: Darth Vader
Collecting interest: the thrill of the hunt and finishing figures and sets if they are not complete
Looking For: vintage for sure not looking for the current stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE.   Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Old account, but new user due to lost password Smile

Name: Danny
Single/Married: married
Residence: Fl, USA
Kids: 0
Pets: 1 Super smart, crazy old cat
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: Too many to list Wink
How did you get here?: Researching Kenner SW figures & accessories
Collecting Focus: Only really for real Kenner SW toys and accessories... Loose, carded, it don't matter
Character Focus: Lately, cool weathered droids like R2-D2 & C-3PO
Collecting interest: From loose to sealed, I love all aspects...
Looking For: Nothing modern...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sat May 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Jason Beam and machinegunn
Welcome to T.I.G Make yourself at home and enjoy it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE    Sat May 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Thank you Sir, much appreciated Smile

@Gorneesh wrote:
Jason Beam and machinegunn
Welcome to T.I.G Make yourself at home and enjoy it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun May 07, 2017 8:46 am

Yeah new ( & old!!) people. Watch out for the Aussie Ewok lover Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun May 07, 2017 9:26 am

Will do, thanks, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Vintageviewport
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed May 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi all! My name is Chris Leddy. I'm from Dover, NH USA. Married, father of 2 beautiful little girls. Longtime Star Wars collector. Vintage collecting contributor to The Brick City Blockade Podcast Network. I mainly collect vintage, but dabble in modern as well. My main areas of focus are The Rebel Commando and ROTJ Unpunched Tsukuda figures. (I also focus collect Ahsoka Tano as well) Putting together a loose run for the second time. Sold off all my loose figures about 5 years ago. Proving tougher to accomplish than planned for. Always on the hunt for vintage Star Wars items. Love discussing with fellow collectors and always trying to learn about the various aspects of the hobby. I'm on twitter and instagram @vintageviewport and Facebook Christopher James Leddy
Welcome to any new connections in the community and always looking for Rebel Commando MOC variations
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Wed May 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Hello Vintageviewport!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
jabba
New User
New User

PostSubject: Hello! My name is Trevor   Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Really glad to be part of the imperial gunnery. I have been collecting since they first came out, well playing with them when they first came out now i collect lol . I had my parents mail away for the first 4 before they were in stores and have been hooked ever since , and no I don't have them anymore lol. I have a fair size collection and now I am trying to identify each loose figure as to where and when it was made and I wish I wouldn't have started it can be a real pain in the neck some days. But T.I.G. has helped a lot in identifying but I can seem to find much info on Meccano or palitoy in comparison photos. Anyway glad to be part of the group and if I can help out just let me know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:15 am

Welcome jabba!

And if any one of us can help, you let us know! Very Happy

Glad to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSchwartz
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 pm

David
Married (No kids-yet)
NJ, USA
Regional Sales Manager
Two Cats
My father got me into Star Wars in the Early 90's and I've loved it ever since.
After googling questions on Variants, this site was one of the best sources so I figured I'd join
Loose and MOC Graded figures
Acquiring (Slowly) and adding to my existing collection
Dark Blue R2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 am

welcome David!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craig T
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Hello all,

Great to see that some old faces are still around and also great to see so many more.

I have re-started collecting after a good few years of being out of the hobby, so thought I should rekindle my old favourite forum.

The wife and I got our wish and we have a happy little mini figure of own. With the little one, I don't have the crazy budgets I used to have. But no matter, its going to be slowly, slowly. My first term plan is to put together a loose set of mint figures, which after that, I don't know.

After being out of the hobby for a while, it's crazy to see how much the prices have increased. It's going to be challenge to get back the things I sold, so not expecting to. Thankfully, I managed to save about 95% of my Luke Jedi focus, so I have see how I can work on that too.

Cheers, Craig Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Welcome back Craig. Yeah prices are insane right now, if I had to purchase half of what I have at today's prices there is no way I could acquire the collection I have now.

Glad to hear the Luke Jedi focus stayed mostly in tact. I know I have directed a few at the limelight here several times for Luke Jedi info.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Craig T
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:57 am

Hi trappedtexan, thank you very much. Do you have your collection on limelight display here on TIG? I will go and check it out. I'm glad my research limelight is still helping others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next