The Imperial Gunnery Forum

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Are there better places to buy reproductions from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brettpeugh
New User
New User

PostSubject: Are there better places to buy reproductions from?   Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:03 pm

I dug some of my old Star Wars toys out of my Mother's house over Christmas.  Some of them have weapons and capes but most do not.  I like some of your articles to tell the differences between the vintage ones and the reproductions.  Personally I do not mind reproductions because I want to play with them again and I liked your article on the website from the 24th about a seller that is putting out some high quality reproductions.  Is it possible to share the information as to who this seller is or where to get better reproduction pieces? Some of my figures are heavily played with so there is no reason to spend $14 on a vintage gun for a figure maybe worth $1 but that has a huge amount of emotional value.  Thank you.

Brett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Are there better places to buy reproductions from?   Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:32 am

Firstly welcome to TIG Brett. I'm glad that you are enjoying the site.  Very Happy

Please feel free to introduce yourself here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7181-who-s-who-don-t-be-shy-introduce-yourself-here

With regards to your question, I'm afraid that it would be against TIG policy to promote / advertise sources of repro weapons, as we try to encourage people to boycott them. If you do acquire some repros, we recommend permanently marking them e.g. by making a small hole with a hot needle. By doing this you can distinguish them from your vintage ones, and should you ever sell your collection, a third party can't try passing them off as original.

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brettpeugh
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Are there better places to buy reproductions from?   Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:59 am

I am never going to sell my collection (Not that it would be worth much in the state it is in) and I am going to keep a listing of those weapons that are reproductions. But like I said, I can’t afford vintage weapons for all my guys that need them as that would cost into the multiple hundreds of dollars. But thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Are there better places to buy reproductions from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1