The Imperial Gunnery Forum


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .
 

 Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : Perth - Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 pm

I bought Thai food off a Chinese fella last night and I'm not sure it was authentic .... or am I missing the point here :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 4277
Join date : 2012-03-25
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:00 am

@Chopper wrote:
I bought Thai food off a Chinese fella last night and I'm not sure it was authentic .... or am I missing the point here :I am stupid:  


lol! rofl lol!

Finally some humor in this thread cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : Perth - Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:11 am

Who could doubt a Sooners Fan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 3099
Join date : 2011-04-10
Age : 38
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:18 am

I can't even be arsed to read this subject again!!!!! Especially if people can't even be arsed to read things properly.

Most moulds were altered at some stage!!!! And at least two figure (TP & RC) where unique to China and not altered moulds.

For fucking fucks sake, I have figures from my childhood and cardbacks that say made in fucking CHINA bought in the 80's!!!!!!!!!!

Go educate yourself Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 4277
Join date : 2012-03-25
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayesq
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit


Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Aussiejames, you said "Rayesq I am yet to see any of this compelling evidence you speak of". Please quote where I said that, because I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Chicken, I am a lawyer in whatever I do. It's a blessing and a curse. I was never trying to use it against you or as part of this thread until I realized I might be able to use it to get ebay to take down the article.

You all said the article has been a huge pain and is detrimental to the SW collecting community, and you have had to correct SO MANY people on that point.

I only brought up that I am a lawyer to offer to suggest that I coult try to get them to remove it. But it seems you are so absorbed into your desire to make me look bad that you would rather the article stay there, so good luck banging your head against the wall with the next hundred people that come quoting it, smdh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : Perth - Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:29 pm

So then I can buy Thai Tom Yum Soup that claims to be authentic from someone of Chinese descent provided they don't write an article about it and they are a lawyer.

GOT IT !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7571
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 pm

@rayesq wrote:
Aussiejames, you said "Rayesq I am yet to see any of this compelling evidence you speak of".  Please quote where I said that, because I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Chicken, I am a lawyer in whatever I do.  It's a blessing and a curse.  I was never trying to use it against you or as part of this thread until I realized I might be able to use it to get ebay to take down the article.

You all said the article has been a huge pain and is detrimental to the SW collecting community, and you have had to correct SO MANY people on that point.  

I only brought up that I am a lawyer to offer to suggest that I coult try to get them to remove it.  But it seems you are so absorbed into your desire to make me look bad that you would rather the article stay there, so good luck banging your head against the wall with the next hundred people that come quoting it, smdh.

ebay do not care, the author does not care, they have both been contacted with photographic evidence the article is not factual from more than one person.

@rayesq wrote:
Can someone please point me to the substantiating source that Kenner did in fact license products for sale in China, such as an interview with a Kenner employee, statement by an employee of Lucasfilm or otherwise?

once again show me evidence Kenner licensed products to be produced in Hong Kong & I'll attempt to 'match' it.

You said "please show me I'm wrong" show me you are right !! without using the pathetic ebay guide & misinterpreting Wolff's site. Let me see your "ACTUAL RESEARCH"


@rayesq wrote:
.  

PS Ever since I told you I was an atyorney and willing to try to get Ebay to remove the article if we could compile a compelling case some of you have only continued yo insist that I am sticking to a point despite compelling evidence.  While I don't think it is as compelling as you all do, I think it is convincing enough absent hearing anything further.


Where is your compelling evidence that China did not have a license to produce figures? I know innocent until proven guilty ..... well I consider pictures of graded China items evidence. What evidence do you have to the contrary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
avatar

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 51
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:22 am

I have taken the time to go through swca to put up a few things including who the whole COO thing works if he reads it fine but I like James am not going to waste time trying to educate someone who doesn't want to try to get the info on his own. And saying anyone on this form is knowingly selling repos and attacking them without knowing anything themselves will make me strike back you guys are family to me.

The above being said If you want info on things go with the groups who are doing the real research, like swca for example, Not some 16 year old wacking off in mommy's basement while typing crap on the net and saying it's real.

We on this site as well as Rebelscum and StarWarsForumUK as well as others have been collecting and even have many figures from our childhoods which clearly wouldn't be repos as the SW craze for collecting didn't exist then. So what our good friend James has on his site is 100% ligit and original. Just because some twit on ebay wrote some info most likely the same 16 year old in mommy's basement dosn't make it ligit

If you want info for China COO then this a Star Wars baggie list you will see some with made in China on the baggie as well as a few other links
http://theswca.com/images-speci/baggiefeature/baggiefeature.html
http://theswca.com/lexicon/benchshot.html
http://theswca.com/textf/sw-figure-variations.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayesq
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit


Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:27 am

If you don't want me to try, I won't bother with trying to get the article removed. Not sure what the benchshot article or figure variation list has to do with it.

I'm finished here, you guys don't seem to be understanding what I've been trying to say, I'm not trying to prove they are fake. I told you why I thought they were fake at the beginning. You say if I think someone is selling fakes I should ask them politely.

I was asking you for proof of legitimacy in order to approach ebay from a legal perspective to try to force them to remove it ifytou could prove definitivdly that the article false. They can't knowingly publish false and misleading ingo about the products listed for sale on their site.

You keep asking me to prove they are fake. This tells me you are not understanding what I'm saying. I've been saying it for days so I give up.

You would clearly rather have the article you say is such a pain than have my hdlp. So be it. Good luck with your collections.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7571
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:29 am

@rayesq wrote:
If you don't want me to try, I won't bother with trying to get the article removed.  Not sure what the benchshot article or figure variation list has to do with it.  

I'm finished here, you guys don't seem to be understanding what I've been trying to say, I'm not trying to prove they are fake.  I told you why I thought they were fake at the beginning.  You say if I think someone is selling fakes I should ask them politely.  

I was asking you for proof of legitimacy in order to approach ebay from a legal perspective to try to force them to remove it ifytou could prove definitivdly that the article false.  They can't knowingly publish false and misleading ingo about the products listed for sale on their site.

You keep asking me to prove they are fake.  This tells me you are not understanding what I'm saying.  I've been saying it for days so I give up.  

You would clearly rather have the article you say is such a pain than have my hdlp. So be it.  Good luck with your collections.

I am trying- I am!! The benchshot article & figure variation lists are written by experts in the field- authors of Star Wars reference material. ( we can address credentials latter ) Why do you think China figures are fake? As far as I know I have addressed all your incorrect information. WHAT DO YOU DEFINE AS PROOF OF LEGITIMACY?? I keep answering your questions , if I miss any ask me again. You seem to avoid my direct questions. SHOW ME YOU ARE RIGHT? Then I can get examples of what you deem as suitable evidence & I will prove you are wrong at your level. Now do you understand why I keep asking to prove they are fake? (probably not)

Yeah I'm not understanding what you are saying. Initially you believed an article written by an individual with NO credentials. We picked apart all the incorrect info- China in the 70s (it's the 80s we're talking about) carbon dating, the fact the 'author' showed his ignorance by not acknowledging all the other manufacturers etc. Or do I need to break down that article further for you? What do you still find factual in that 'ebay quide' ? Oh it's a GUIDE not fact.

"They can't knowingly publish false and misleading ingo about the products listed for sale on their site." Why? They allow the sale of items EVERY day that breach copyright & trademark law & their own policies....


You seemed to change your opinion and now the argument is these 80s China produced items are not licensed but you seem to acknowledge Hong Kong as licensed. WHY do you think Hong Kong was licensed???? When you show me how you prove that to yourself I will attempt to prove China was as well. Please attempt to answer ALL of my questions in this post and we can hopefully put an end to this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
avatar

Posts : 587
Join date : 2011-11-25
Age : 44
Location : Oztrailya

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:51 am

rayesq.. in the benchshot link above, china is listed as one of the countries that figures were made in,
then in the variation list link, you will see some figures that are stamped china,
Those 2 links come from swca, star wars collector archive website, every thing in that website has been put together over many many years, with the collaboration of the top collectors worldwide,
that together with the afa graded samples that James showed is all the proof you need to someone with common sense.
AFA being a leader in toy grading, while many of us don't like afa, this is a case were there help would actually be beneficial to the community.
Check Brianstoys.com, and more than likely you will find china afa graded items, they are a well known to ebay and may help to provide the photographic evidence you seek, along with a statement from afa about china made vintage star wars, just a thought.
Put all that together with your lawyer expertise, it would be great for you to front ebay on removing this article.

Also just to reply, no one here wants to make you look bad as you put it, it is just that if you come out guns blazing with a member who tried to help you the correct info, he is not going to keep quite, especially from someone who has been around as long as chicken, and actually knows what he is talking about.
hope you stick around and learn more from places like here.


Last edited by M4K3R1 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
avatar

Posts : 4277
Join date : 2012-03-25
Location : Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:32 am




You seem to be missing AJ's point . You have been presented with all the basic proof we have that China figures are indeed authentic and were licensed by Kenner . You still seem to be either asking for more proof so that you can confront ebay or for our permission to do so .

You do not need our permission - if you feel that you can get ebay to remove that article , do it . As has been stated - AJ and many other people have made many attempts to have it removed . Ebay was provided all the same evidence that we have provided you but they don't give a shit .

You still seem to think that someone here has a copy of the original contract between China and Kenner - we don't , but , if we did , that evidence would have been presented to ebay already .

AJ is asking you to show us a contract between Kenner and Hong Kong , France , Mexico or any of the other countries that you have apparently accepted as legitimate releases . If you don't have proof that those countries were licensed then how can you accept that as fact but still expect us to provide more proof that China was licensed ?

AJ is asking you to either provide us with more evidence that China wasn't licensed (besides that asinine ebay article)

or

Show us what you consider to be good enough proof that other countries (besides China) were licensed . Provide us with the type of evidence that you have that figures were licensed in any other country (HK , Macao etc) ...

If you can show us the compelling evidence that figures were indeed licensed elsewhere , we will do our best to provide you with the exact type of evidence that they were also licensed in China .

There  is a wonderful function at the top of each page called "Search" - use it , if your a Lawyer you should be use to digging for facts , or do you expect to be handed all the evidence there too ?


The attitude you have shown is not going to get the community to rally behind you as if you were our new savior - if you can get that ebay article removed , please do so - less talk and more action ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer


Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 54
Location : Minneapolis

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 pm

wow 6 pages...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neoneonart.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7571
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:03 pm

@Neonboy wrote:
wow      6 pages...
& still not finished Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
avatar

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 51
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES   Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:03 am

man I try to break one window with my head and bam it's on the net I was drunk lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Are China COO figures considered vintage original? YES

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 Similar topics

-
» NEW CHINA animal figures
» Thrift find - m' first dynaco - vintage original circuit-SP-7- stereo 70 dynakit
» Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures
» NEW birds figures from China :D
» Vintage Knock-Off Figures -- Mostly

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Watch Out Section
-