HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Some of you may have already seen these. An eBay UK seller is flogging batches of 50 "replica" blasters for £11.49 a shot.

These blasters are so poor the seller advertises them as "a cheap and cheerful alternative whilst you maybe source original weapons..."

Probably the most ugliest repros I've seen. I don't think they'll fool many in a hurry. I was more surprised at the sales pitch.

From the auction:

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Wow... They really are poor. lol!  
At least they are easy to spot. Thanks for sharing Paul. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:24 pm

I have a set here with me, still not gotten around to doing much to document them Sad

So if anybody's up for the task I can post them to you?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Paul, is this the only thing he is selling? I am just wondering if he makes repros and this is a batch that messed up so he is still trying to sell them off just as poorer copies.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 am

@Bryan - The seller also has the usual mid 90s repros we're used to seeing.
The blasters could well be 'messed-up' versions as you suggested, but if so that's a lot of plastic fail as the seller has already sold many lots in batches of 25 and 50.

@Stef - PM on its way.

walkie wrote:
I have a set here with me, still not gotten around to doing much to document them Sad

So if anybody's up for the task I can post them to you?

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Paul, since he does sell finer reproductions along with the bad ones, it is possible he is actually the maker of these, or probably knows who is the producer. Now normally I wouldn't care who he was or at what juncture in the process he played from made to in circulation, but this might be a chance to gleam into the process a slight bit. Maybe not even play him, just say we as a site are interested in the process. Does he use steel molds, do they cast them out in multiples on trees, etc... Won't change the fact that the repros are out there, but might give us more incite with production levels and other facts and maybe if we rub off a bit on him he would change his ways to produce them in off colors or something. (Doubtful but can't hurt to try)

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters    Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:02 am

Bryan, I'll PM you a few details I have.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Poorly moulded "Place Holder" Repro Blasters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1