The Imperial Gunnery Forum


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .
 

 Hello is anybody there?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 529
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 42
Location : SWEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:42 am

Time for a new bump of this. I think it's sad that the activity here is so low. I loved it back in the day when you logged on and there were lots of new posts. Now it's like a max of 3 or 4 new posts when I log on.

I really miss when it was buzzing in here Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 8810
Join date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:39 am

@Yzerman wrote:
Time for a new bump of this. I think it's sad that the activity here is so low. I loved it back in the day when you logged on and there were lots of new posts. Now it's like a max of 3 or 4 new posts when I log on.

I really miss when it was buzzing in here Crying or Very sad

It's very sad to see. Collectors prefer Facebook these days as that's where the majority seem to have gone with dozens of groups to choose from. You can see a similar migration on RS of onetime big and regular posters, and to a slightly lesser extent SWF.
Also what's contributed to the silence on TIG, and you'd have to have your head in the sand not to notice, is that almost half of its old team decided to go and make their own forum and no longer contribute here. Most of these were big posters. Add this to the forum-slayer FB and it makes for very quiet times here.

_________________________________________________
Paul F,

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 715
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 42
Location : Midlands U.K.

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:48 am

I know what you mean about it being quite on here, and it does suck, I think I belong to nearly all the vintage forums, and apart from SWF.UK they all seem a little quite.
Facebook is taking over and I don't like it, especially the Sales they are to quick and I've missed out on loads of items because I'm at work and cant spend all day watching.

Some of the things I miss the most on here are getting to talk to you lot in the chat function (sadly an under used part of this forum)
and reading some of the great collecting blogs that used to get posted here. I am thinking of starting a blog on there about sorting out my collection room and the journey of a budget collector in a vintage world of sky high prices.
As much as I enjoy it, its sad to see things like the Guess the Movie thread being one of the most popular topics
(what really bugs me is that its under the vintage section and not in the off topic - sorry I'm anal like that but its not the only thread)

I think that its up to all of us that are still active on here to help kick start the forum, by starting some great and interesting topics and threads.
T.I.G is still the best for reference material for its weapons and the like, and if you look at the amount of members that visit here in a day there is still a fair few, we just need to interact with them to get them to be more active.
As I've said I belong to other forums but still class TIG as my home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4439
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:31 am

The slowdown in traffic is partly why the movie game is in the vintage chat. There are still good days when we have a lot of interaction, but lately (especially the weekends) there is little to no interaction. We do what we can and looking over the stats for the site we are up from the past so we are in a better spot than we were say 6-7 months ago. We just can not compete with the Facebook monster for it fast replies and ease of use stuff. We are better than Facebook from a research standpoint, but the new collector seems to care little about research and more about quick gratification. Doesn't matter that they just overspent for something they were told is rare until while getting their pat on the back one of the more knowledgable says something about it being fake. This is just my opinion as I am not on Facebook nor any social media stuff, just the forums. Even the forums have some members like that though. Just yesterday I saw someone posted pics of a toy fair piece and had it sitting next to a reproduction carded piece. They were asking questions about the toy fair one, but why have the repro in the pic and with it? Just took away from having e rare piece and even made one person say that perhaps the rare piece was fake (it wasn't) but it called it into question.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 529
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 42
Location : SWEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
@Yzerman wrote:
Time for a new bump of this. I think it's sad that the activity here is so low. I loved it back in the day when you logged on and there were lots of new posts. Now it's like a max of 3 or 4 new posts when I log on.

I really miss when it was buzzing in here Crying or Very sad

It's very sad to see. Collectors prefer Facebook these days as that's where the majority seem to have gone with dozens of groups to choose from. You can see a similar migration on RS of onetime big and regular posters, and to a slightly lesser extent SWF.
Also what's contributed to the silence on TIG, and you'd have to have your head in the sand not to notice, is that almost half of its old team decided to go and make their own forum and no longer contribute here. Most of these were big posters. Add this to the forum-slayer FB and it makes for very quiet times here.

Facebook is a mess when it comes to organisation. You have to scroll and scroll and you still don't find what you where looking for. I don't know how FB works. Is it the number of posts or latest post that gets on top. I can almost never find the post I'm looking for. It's frustrating. I like organisation so you have a very good idea where to start looking and a searchfunction.

I probably have had my head in the sand so I have no idea of waht forum you're talking about and who has started it and who have joined in that quest. Please fill me in.

Don't worry! I won't leave TIG as this is my prefered forum for Star Wars Vintage collection. I don't think I made an entire post for over a year over at RS. So you're stuck with me here lol!


Last edited by Yzerman on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2015-09-29
Age : 27
Location : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:37 pm

@Gorneesh wrote:

As much as I enjoy it, its sad to see things like the Guess the Movie thread being one of the most popular topics
(what really bugs me is that its under the vintage section and not in the off topic - sorry I'm anal like that but its not the only thread)


@Gorneesh wrote:

I think that its up to all of us that are still active on here to help kick start the forum, by starting some great and interesting topics and threads.

1) It's unfortunate that (for now) the movie thread is one of the most popular topics.. but aside from that, it's the latest vintage purchase and a few limelights here and there. So whatever works, right? At least until there is more contribution to  new, interesting topics.

2) I don't care if I'm annoyingly persistent with the vintage questions of the week (and now others like Paul, Larry and Bryan are coming up with topics) -- but at least it opens up the floor a little bit. I just wish that more than the normal group of people would reply to it. Why wouldn't you want to discuss your dream displays, childhood figures or figure customization?

I don't get it. :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 715
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 42
Location : Midlands U.K.

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:51 pm

@darthmatt22 wrote:



1) It's unfortunate that (for now) the movie thread is one of the most popular topics.. but aside from that, it's the latest vintage purchase and a few limelights here and there. So whatever works, right? At least until there is more contribution to  new, interesting topics.

2) I don't care if I'm annoyingly persistent with the vintage questions of the week (and now others like Paul, Larry and Bryan are coming up with topics) -- but at least it opens up the floor a little bit. I just wish that more than the normal group of people would reply to it. Why wouldn't you want to discuss your dream displays, childhood figures or figure customization?

I don't get it. :I am stupid:

NO NO.. don't get me wrong I'm not dissing the movie thread or any other thread, I enjoy reading them and are happy that they keep people posting. If it was not for them there would not be hardly any new posts made and that's a one way street to a dead end that none of us want.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2015-09-29
Age : 27
Location : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:58 pm

@Gorneesh wrote:


NO NO.. don't get me wrong I'm not dissing the movie thread or any other thread, I enjoy reading them and are happy that they keep people posting. If it was not for them there would not be hardly any new posts made and that's a one way street to a dead end that none of us want.


I didn't get you wrong. Laughing -- That was my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4439
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:10 pm

It is on those of us who are active to try to garner participation from those that aren't as active. We lost some good posters but we gained some also. A few of the newer guys are becoming active. I wish we could gain more, any ideas on how? We are all open to ideas.


_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
avatar

Posts : 7003
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 45
Location : Dutchess County, NY

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:48 am

Gotta love the irony of actively posting about lack of participation  lol!



It's a funny thing, keeping a forum active. The biggest truth is that it can never be forced. We're all people, and we're all fickle about what will get us posting. I know people on RS vocally hated the "like" button because it eliminated the need to actually type out approval. Let's not ignore that the best posts are usually the inflammatory and controversial ones , which I'm happy to not have here too.

Let me challenge you all to this: Be the person who posts. Start a thread. Reply, even if it's just to say you like it or find it amusing. Reply to the questions of the week. You can see the desire is here!!! If we all just posted 3 times more per week this forum would be more active than ever. 

I'll pledge to do it. 3 more post per week. Who's with me?

_________________________________________________
SHEESH!!!!i am not raping anyones childhood!!!! - Darren
P.S. I'm glad you didn't get your toy - Baytrooper
wow WOW! he brings more cowbell to every forum!! - Ross_C
Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2015-09-29
Age : 27
Location : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:46 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4439
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:36 am

I will make an effort to be a better more frequent poster.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
avatar

Posts : 214
Join date : 2015-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:57 pm

I'll try to post more. Problem is, the prices on stuff have gotten so out of control on ebay I am hardly buying anything these days. Without new purchases to show off or ask questions about, I don't have a lot to contribute right now. Love this site, though. I check it every day or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 529
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 42
Location : SWEDEN

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:44 pm

I will try Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 7562
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 43
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4439
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:45 pm

Shocked Not sure what AJ's post means, but I like it. Very Happy

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 715
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 42
Location : Midlands U.K.

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:56 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
Shocked  Not sure what AJ's post means, but I like it. Very Happy

It is strangely hypnotic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
avatar

Posts : 7003
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 45
Location : Dutchess County, NY

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:58 pm

@Gorneesh wrote:
@trappedtexan wrote:
Shocked  Not sure what AJ's post means, but I like it. Very Happy

It is strangely hypnotic.


NO, THIS is strangely hypnotic 


_________________________________________________
SHEESH!!!!i am not raping anyones childhood!!!! - Darren
P.S. I'm glad you didn't get your toy - Baytrooper
wow WOW! he brings more cowbell to every forum!! - Ross_C
Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 715
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 42
Location : Midlands U.K.

PostSubject: Re: Hello is anybody there?   Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 am

@DarthBerizing wrote:
@Gorneesh wrote:
@trappedtexan wrote:
Shocked  Not sure what AJ's post means, but I like it. Very Happy

It is strangely hypnotic.


NO, THIS is strangely hypnotic 


No that just looks like what I see in the mirror at the gym.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Hello is anybody there?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-