HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:49 pm

For anyone who's interested in this kinda stuff! This is my collection of Marvel and other comic book related memorabilia that I've accumulated over the past 8 years of collecting.

Unfortunately, I did not keep any of the items from my childhood or the collection would be a bit bigger in the figure department.

Picture with Stan from 5 or so years ago.. when it wasn't $300 just to stand in line for him, lol.

A trio of autographed pictures with the creators of The Walking Dead

Mike Mignola original commission

Sketch by Jim Cheung

Two commissions from the artist of the independent made comic "We Can Never Go Home" -- rendition of the main character in Thor and Doctor Strange attire.

A spread of first published appearances (i.e. Hellboy, Deadpool, Venom, Luke Cage, Punisher, etc.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update -- 3/3/2016

Hot Toys Deadpool (pic from my other thread)

February's Deadpool Box - A few cool little items.

Nightcrawler mini statue by Bowen (favorite character from the X-Men)

Incredible Hulk #181 - First full appearance of Wolverine (borrowed from my other thread)

Walking Dead Alpha, Leader of the Whisperers Color and Bloody Black and White figures

Walking Dead Negan and Lucille Bloody Black and White figure

Last edited by darthmatt22 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Holy Cow!!

That's a great mix of stuff!! I love the Hellboy stuff. Such an underrated movie (I loved them both).

I'm going to move this to the Limelight section , it needs to be seen!!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Do ou mainly collect key issues only? Tons of them in these. Love hellboy stuff also. And never saw that deadpool pen/pencil holder before. lol!

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 pm

wow very cool so much variety Hellboy is cool but I love the Wolverine on the wall he is my favorite character Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:28 am

@trappedtexan yup, I collect the first appearances and key issues mainly. those two spreads were just a little example to show.

@arohk Canadians stick together! lol!

@DarthBerizing thanks! Hellboy is awesome, such great work all around. And thanks for moving the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:24 am

Love it. Comics stuff is so nice to display for the variety and colour explosion. That's cool you got a pic with Stan and some original sketches and art. I think Paul (Kisstour) our resident Hulk fan will enjoy seeing some of this. I really like the Walking Dead section and the focus on first appearance stuff cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 pm

:clap: Amazing stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Just looking at you collection again so much to see I totally missed the dead pool on the scooter that is classic. He just screams bad ass with a touch of I like to save money on fuel lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks Johnny!

And thanks Larry! Deadpool is a crazy dude. I bought that statue about a year ago. It was on sale because one piece was slightly broken (his hand was detached from the cannon). With a little help from industrial glue, toothpicks and some garbage ties to keep it tight, within 24 hours it was good to go.

Not my first time fixing a statue.. Embarassed

I'm gonna' update this limelight when I get the chance. I added some other cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 am

not a comic fan myself but this is an amazing collection , thanks for sharing . I have no idea what I was looking at but it is very cool and detailed for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections   Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:13 pm

@hellhippie wrote:
not a comic fan myself but this is an amazing collection , thanks for sharing . I have no idea what I was looking at but it is very cool and detailed for sure

Thanks Bill!

Limelight updated today! -- just a few new pick-ups since the Fall. Some of it are from my other threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Collection   Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Wow! Nice room! So many originals...!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Marvel Comics, Statues & Other Collections

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1