The Imperial Gunnery Forum

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 am

In honor of Halloween, this week's question is a two-parter! So without further ado...

Your 12-year-old self and 12-year-old version of a Star Wars character friend go trick-or-treating. As you finish bagging your goodies from the previous house, both of you focus your attention to something across the street..

You slowly walk up to what looks like an abandoned, plantation house and decide to knock on the door. Before you can reach out a hand, however, you notice it's already open..  unsure

You call each other's bluff until one of you is brave enough to go in first -- Once you enter and decide to look around, the door slowly creaks shut.

There are noises coming from the basement, and as you and your Star Wars buddy turn to open the door, it's forced shut (pun intended).

The noises from the basement grow louder and louder before the basement door swings open to reveal....

1) Which movie monster do you NOT want to run into while trying to survive your stay in this haunted estate?

Consider your childhood fears from horror movies, television, even books!

2) Who's your equally scared 12-year-old Star Wars pal?

* Note: For the sake of the question, the character you choose is as experienced and powerful as a dead turtle -- A.K.A. They may just be learning how to control their powers (if they have any) or may not even know they have powers yet!

---- Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:48 pm

1. I was always scared of Davros from Doctor Who as a kid. But not sure if Davros could get up the basement steps Smile So i'll choose Michael Myers - I was 8 or 9 when Halloween came out and that guy was scary!

2. My 12 year old SW mate trick or treating with me would be C-3PO so he could run around flapping his arms saying "This is madness!"

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:42 pm

when I was a kid no one scared me more than jaws from the james bond movies , those gold teeth scared the piss outta me .

luke farmboy would be my star wars pal thatd be scared cause , cmon hes a farmboy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:42 pm

My go to scared of monster was Bruce from jaws, but that doesn't fit well with the whole haunted house thing; so I will go with a band of vampires that gave me the chills led by a certain Keifer Sutherland. This is of course the vampires from the Lost Boys. affraid

As far as who would be with me, well I think Han Solo. Surely by the ripe old age of twelve he was already a bit rebellious and quick to action.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:52 pm

@hellhippie wrote:
when I was a kid no one scared me more than jaws from the james bond movies , those gold teeth scared the piss outta me .

You're right, Jaws was well scary the first time I saw him.

@trappedtexan wrote:
My go to scared of monster was Bruce from jaws, but that doesn't fit well with the whole haunted house thing; so I will go with a band of vampires that gave me the chills led by a certain Keifer Sutherland.  This is of course the vampires from the Lost Boys.   affraid

Cool, I watched this movie a few weeks ago after not seeing it since the 80s. The scenes with the Frog brothers are still really funny Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Back in 1980 when we got our first video recorder(Ferguson Videostar VHS) The first film we watched was Halloween and Michael Myers was certainly the Boogyman, but as Paul has mentioned him, i'll go for Freddy Krueger affraid
I would not want to bump into that dude on any night never mind a dark one affraid  

I'd take Lando with me so we could go and charm the ladies afterwards What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Even though Leatherface is a personal hero and role model of mine , I wouldn't want to run into him in Pretty woman mode ...

I would go Trick or Treating with Jar Jar so I would have a sacrificial lamb to offer him Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 pm

@ourchickenshack wrote:
[center]Even though Leatherface is a personal hero and role model of mine , I wouldn't want to run into him in Pretty woman mode ...

I always pegged you as more of a Jason fan. Especially given the avatar pic. lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Aside from Bruce, this.. definitely this.

Hopefully 12-year old Boba Fett packs his flamethrower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Matt, I was about to say that fett flamethrower pic in reality becomes this:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: 10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!   Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Yeah, except in that picture, I'm the one holding 12-year-old Boba's head and helmet while Count Orlok is about to get his drink on. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

10/27/15 - Question of the Week, Halloween Edition!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1