The Imperial Gunnery Forum


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .
 

 Star Wars Question of the Week!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am

Well I figured you all would have a tough time with that one... I love when I stump you all... gives me the warm fuzzies all over! LOL Until next week all you happy campers! May the force be with you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1055
Join date : 2010-02-09
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

Yeah that one stumped us all! Well done!

I never knew he had a tattoo of his family crest either!


Gam Guard Gam Guard Gam Guard Gam Guard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1055
Join date : 2010-02-09
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:17 am

Talking of Jabba, didn’t I read correctly many yavin moons ago that Jabba got the Gamorrean Guards to work for him by blindfolding the each of the guards and having his hench men beat the crap out of them. Something to do with the guards not willing to work for anyone unless they were beaten in a fight. Jabba oblidged, but only if it had to be fought blindfolded, after which he got his goons to jump them.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:19 am

@Craig T wrote:
Talking of Jabba, didn’t I read correctly many yavin moons ago that Jabba got the Gamorrean Guards to work for him by blindfolding the each of the guards and having his hench men beat the crap out of them. Something to do with the guards not willing to work for anyone unless they were beaten in a fight. Jabba oblidged, but only if it had to be fought blindfolded, after which he got his goons to jump them.

I think I remember something like that... or was that from the Princess Bride? Hmmmmm? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2017-07-18
Age : 35
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:48 am



I picked a good week to be traveling because I had absolutely no idea on this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4694
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Dang, missed it by THAT much. lol!

Had no idea about the tattoo either, so that is neat and i even went and looked at screenshots that show it fairly well (given the dark lighting of the whole set). Also a neat fact from Craig. Where do you think that came from? Wookipedia or some other source. Just curious as I'd like to read a bit more. Return has always been my favorite of the original trilogy (I know....what about empire...blah blah blah; but don't forget my absolute favorite character is wicket).

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:48 am

Good Monday morning all you happy campers.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  How many of you saw the new Avengers movie?  If you did and you post any spoilers I will hunt you down and rip out your eyeballs with an ice pick!  But I've been hearing good things about it.  In any event, let's get on with this weeks question!  You all know the rules by now.  We're up to almost 90 weeks here!  Wow!  Here we go...

Question 88:
What was the name of the hairy, 4 eyed creature in the Cantina?


Answer:
 

First Correct Answer: NO ONE


Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4694
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 am

Question 88:
What was the name of the hairy, 4 eyed creature in the Cantina?


Answer:
 

I know this one, but kind of rude to call someone wearing glasses four eyed. Sheesh.


And i havent had a chance yet to catch infinity war, but I already know the story line. I will refrain from spoilers, but I am not to thrilled with what I read about it.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 01, 2018 2:09 pm

No one else has a guess?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1055
Join date : 2010-02-09
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Man, I think I know who you mean - the light blue furry dude that reminds me of Sully in Monster Inc.

I be badgered, if I can remember his name though.

How is everyone? I'm up to my eyeballs in work, so sorry I haven't replied sooner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 1055
Join date : 2010-02-09
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 01, 2018 5:10 pm

@trappedtexan wrote:
Dang, missed it by THAT much. lol!

Had no idea about the tattoo either, so that is neat and i even went and looked at screenshots that show it fairly well (given the dark lighting of the whole set). Also a neat fact from Craig. Where do you think that came from? Wookipedia or some other source. Just curious as I'd like to read a bit more. Return has always been my favorite of the original trilogy (I know....what about empire...blah blah blah; but don't forget my absolute favorite character is wicket).

I definitely read it before I had access to the internet, so I am thinking it is in this book:

"Star Wars Essential Guide to Characters"

Trouble is, my Star Wars room went the way of the Death Star when the baby was born (***BOOM***), so I have no idea whether it is safely in a packing crate in storage, or it was sold. So I can't be 100% sure this was the book. But I am about 90% sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 am

Stumped you guys again! Muhahahahahahahaaha! No one got it this week! Answer is posted with the question... until next week boys and girls! Try to brush up before next week's question! Until then... may the force be with you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2017-07-18
Age : 35
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed May 02, 2018 8:50 am



I was out again this week but I have absolutely no idea.

The Lord has stumped us once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 am

Good Monday morning all you happy campers... had a great weekend, saw the new Infinity Wars and if you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest you do.  Awesome movie!  Next up will be Solo!  But enough with the pleasantries... we all know why we're here... for the trivia!  I promised I wouldn't go easy on ya this week, so let's get started.  You all know the rules... no cheating by using the internet to find your answers!  Let's do this...

Question 89:
What female character's lines were completely dubbed over in the original trilogy?


Answer:
 

First Correct Answer: NO ONE


Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4694
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon May 07, 2018 11:34 am

I haven't gone to see it yet, though I do know what happens. I was told to get the full experience of it I need to see black panther, Thor ragnarok, and the civil war. I havent seen black panther yet and waiting for next week when it hits dvd/Blu-ray.

As for the question, there really weren't that many female characters. I think either aunt beru or that female general, can't remember her name. I think I will go with the general lady. Was something like dodana or momodan or setting like that I think. Those names sound familiar anyway.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
avatar

Posts : 1612
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 52
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon May 07, 2018 12:55 pm

The female in question was a pilot in ROTJ. I dont know her name or call sign but she was with Green Squadron.

Larry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon May 07, 2018 3:49 pm

You guys are gonna kick yourselves when you get the answer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Mon May 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Princess Leia, due to Carrie Fisher's voice not projecting enough on set.

My initial thought was the pilot, as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
avatar

Posts : 1612
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 52
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 am

@comicalUser wrote:
Princess Leia, due to Carrie Fisher's voice not projecting enough on set.

My initial thought was the pilot, as well.

Sorry that's not it as the question states the original trilogy. The only movie where Carrie fishers voice was dubbed over is the Last Jedi due to the fact she passed away before the final post production work was done.

As far as the original trilogy, which covers episode 4,5 and 6. it was the female pilot who's voice was dubbed over because she was replaced with a male pilot. If you seen the blu-ray it shows the deleted scenes with her in it.

Larry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 8987
Join date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm

I think it was the droid EV9. As she wasn't a human actor to deliver lines it was director Richard Marquand I believe who dubbed her voice.

_________________________________________________
Paul F,

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 08, 2018 12:49 pm

@arohk wrote:
@comicalUser wrote:
Princess Leia, due to Carrie Fisher's voice not projecting enough on set.

My initial thought was the pilot, as well.

Sorry that's not it as the question states the original trilogy. The only movie where Carrie fishers voice was dubbed over is the Last Jedi due to the fact she passed away before the final post production work was done.

As far as the original trilogy, which covers episode 4,5 and 6. it was the female pilot who's voice was dubbed over because she was replaced with a male pilot. If you seen the blu-ray it shows the deleted scenes with her in it.

Larry

Um, yeah, Original Trilogy, of which Princess Leia/Carrie Fisher is in. It was just a guess based on the "kick yourselves" clue. I am not overly familiar with the audio, other than Ben Burtt's work. I also stated I thought it was the pilot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4694
Join date : 2012-12-01
Location : USA, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 08, 2018 2:08 pm

@ArtooDetour wrote:
I think it was the droid EV9. As she wasn't a human actor to deliver lines it was director Richard Marquand I believe who dubbed her voice.  

I so hope this is the right answer. I never think of droids as male or female but rather just as droids. The fact that ev9d9 has been assigned a gender is something I forget constantly.

_________________________________________________
Bryan

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
avatar

Posts : 1612
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 52
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Tue May 08, 2018 5:33 pm

@comicalUser wrote:
@arohk wrote:
@comicalUser wrote:
Princess Leia, due to Carrie Fisher's voice not projecting enough on set.

My initial thought was the pilot, as well.

Sorry that's not it as the question states the original trilogy. The only movie where Carrie fishers voice was dubbed over is the Last Jedi due to the fact she passed away before the final post production work was done.

As far as the original trilogy, which covers episode 4,5 and 6. it was the female pilot who's voice was dubbed over because she was replaced with a male pilot. If you seen the blu-ray it shows the deleted scenes with her in it.

Larry

Um, yeah, Original Trilogy, of which Princess Leia/Carrie Fisher is in. It was just a guess based on the "kick yourselves" clue. I am not overly familiar with the audio, other than Ben Burtt's work. I also stated I thought it was the pilot.


I know it was a guess sorry if my responce sounded rude or anything, I figured you missed the originaltrilogy part. And yes you were correct with Leia in the last jedi.

I am not the greatest when it comes to responding sometimes to others answers. I try to make them short instead of drawn out but then it can be interpreted as me being rude. Again sorry if it came off like that

Larry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2013-01-01
Age : 51
Location : South Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 am

Wow... the closest one to the right answer was Bryan this week but of course he second guessed himself! Looks like I'm on a roll this month! Answer is posted with the question... until next week... may the force be with you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week!   Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 pm

@arohk wrote:
I know it was a guess sorry if my responce sounded rude or anything, I figured you missed the originaltrilogy part. And yes you were correct with Leia in the last jedi.

I am not the greatest when it comes to responding sometimes to others answers. I try to make them short instead of drawn out but then it can be interpreted as me being rude. Again sorry if it came off like that

Larry


I appreciate the response, Larry. I can sometimes be taken the wrong way as well; I am not the greatest at responses, either. While quite articulate, I fail to express myself clearly in written form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Star Wars Question of the Week!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Vintage Star Wars calendars on Ebay!
» COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?
» Star Wars-Related [ONLY] Decal Requests
» 2011 Star Wars Rumour Topic
» The Official Star Wars Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-