HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Someone asked me about the rarity/value of these Toybiz/Ideal figures from around 1995. Found some info online on packs without the watches but nothing on the watch offer? I'm wondering if they were a Canadian eclusive because of the French/English text..

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Sorry Paul, I don't know anything about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:24 pm

I was into the toy is line. Still have the wolverine pictured, a cyclops, saber tooth and maybe one other one. Also used to have a bunch of the smaller toy biz figures, but never saw any with a watch offer. I am betting this was not a u.s. thing, can't confirm it but I think I would remember seeing them if they were.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:34 pm

90's Marvel toys aren't typically pricey because they're littered around every comic store and flea market Rolling Eyes at least that's where I always see them.

I've seen/had a few of these in and out of the box, but never the box with a watch offer. I've seen French labeling, but it doesn't differ in price from English ($25-40) depending on the character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:42 pm

TY for the info Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Might be able to find some info here.  Seems like ToyBiz was originally a Canadian company out of Montreal, Quebec. That might explain the English / French text.

http://figure-archive.net/manuf.aspx?manufID=128
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anyone know about these mid 90s Toybiz Marvel heroes with free watches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1