HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:20 pm

My dog got to a few of my vintage star wars. One of which was a carded Walrus Man. Damage was done, the figure was out. Never noticed before, but it was a PBP Walrus Man, shiny boots and scar, only a "1" on back of boot, and overly painted white tusks. I took the blaster out. It was a PBP blaster. The card is a regular Kenner card, with Made In Hong Kong on the back. I never new this was normal for PBP figure to be carded on regular Kenner, made in Hong Kong. Is this a norm or an anomaly? Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:23 am

I knew some say made in Spain and have pbp figures, but did not know the made in Hong Kong cards had them. Possible the coo is shared by kenner and pbp so it may be a kenner figure. I have not been studying pbp/poch stuff since I heard about javi's book.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:41 am

Thanks, I have to study the PBP's myself

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:39 am

I don't know anything about carded items . I do know that a 1" remaining walrusman is 100% a pbp figure not kenner
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Fyi: it is a 77 card back. On the back, it is dated (LFL 1984). I don't know if that matters. It is definitely PBP and the blaster is a V6 or V7, they look similar, having the "bar" beneath the clip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1