Share | .

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Shocked WoW John that Model Trem and Muti pack look amazing, some great additions to your collection
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 am

@Gorneesh wrote:
Shocked WoW John that Model Trem and Muti pack look amazing, some great additions to your collection

I second this. Nice!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:06 pm

My loose collection got here today. Some are good. Some are crappy (Luke Skywalker). The power droid is missing the top piece. I'm not sure what it's called. I'll have to replace both of those I guess. I was expecting better but I'll live.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:11 pm

they are easily replaced .. congrats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm

@hellhippie wrote:
they are easily replaced .. congrats

Thanks. I'm not unhappy with the lot. I just want to get good stuff. I also found out that the R2D2 is the 80's version with the pop up deal on the top. Of course it's missing too. I'll likely replace R2D2 now. I probably should have bought individual pieces in the conditions that I wanted them to be in. Live and learn I guess. Overall I'm relieved to have these back in my life. Which sounds totally weird but I've missed them for years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Honestly c3po standing, death star droid standing and having black paint, Luke x wing with decent helmet symbols; I think they are decent.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:07 am

my last purchases found in the attic sales
NFS
luke farmboy and hoth are meccano

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:32 am

John - congrats on that amazing MOC discovery plus the Model Trem and the 9 pack - what a trio of top pickups!! cheers

Fabrice - congrats on the loose figure lot and baggies cheers  

Broke - congrats on your loose figures, enjoy that sweet moment of getting back into the vintage SW cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Picked up something a little different (and cheap) today

A Random House 1983 Lando Calrissian Bookmark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Mike, those Random House bookmarks are really cool aren't they. I picked up a complete set some years back. Really like the art nouveau style drawings on some of them.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Mike, those Random House bookmarks are really cool aren't they. I picked up a complete set some years back. Really like the art nouveau style drawings on some of them.

Yeah I really like the drawings of them all, I may overtime try and pick up the others, but i'm not sure how to display this one let alone a whole group of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 am

This is my entire collection as of right now. I have a new Luke on the way and I'm going to pick up an X-Wing fighter and Tie fighter over the next few days. I'm happy with it currently though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mat8yr
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 am

That's super - thanks for sharing your progress! ... So that's the first 21 completed and a pretty nice looking landspeeder too!

My latest finds were not that significant but have added to and completed some of my 12" line:

• Added a comb & brush to complete my 12" Leia
  • Added 12" a Boba Fett (minus the scalps)
  • Added 12" a Han Solo (minus the medal)

Of course that completely obscures my pride and joy mint A-Wing box & tatooine Skiff boxes so I need to evolve my display solution somewhat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 11:35 am

I need one of those R2D2s. Haha. No seriously, I'll be looking for a better piece very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Nice. Decent first 21 set well on its way to 96+ figures at the rate your going. Be done in a week? lol!

My 12" set is lacking. Have all the figures but need some ig88 weapons, upgrade the jawa, stormtrooper weapon, etc.. I like the 12" line and was working on it when someone introduced me to lili ledy. Since then it has been all Mexican figures for me. Even have some of the ledy 12" figures as well.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 2:15 pm

I think I want to work on vehicles next. I need the following at a minimum:

X-Wing fighter
Tie Fighter
Millennium Falcon

What else were vintage vehicles?

Oh and I also want to get the vintage Han Solo pistol (full size electronic) and the 3 position stormtrooper pistol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Mat - congrats on the 12 inch updates  cheers  How did you get on verifying any of the accessories? I know nothing of this line and our guide is incomplete.

Broke - congrats on your latest. That Kenner Landspeeder is sweet  cheers

@Broke wrote:

Check out this guide for a good rundown on many of the vintage vehicles and their variants: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137-project-outside-the-box-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-mini-rigs-other-boxed-products

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri May 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Broke - congrats on your latest. That Kenner Landspeeder is sweet  cheers

@Broke wrote:

Check out this guide for a good rundown on many of the vintage vehicles and their variants: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137-project-outside-the-box-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-mini-rigs-other-boxed-products

That helps greatly. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 7:07 am

great stuff guys ,

Broke nice colllection so far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 10:34 am

Great pickups guys!

Some of the older folks know James Earl Jones lives about a mile or so from me (no, we aren't friends) but we have the same Mail carrier. So a year ago (seriously) I asked if he could bring this the JEJs.

A year later I got it back!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Wow, beautiful items guys... Love the signed Vader case, and the 12" figures! The Landspeeder photos are gorgeous! Congrats to everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 2:08 pm

John - That Vader case is awesome and signed by the voice himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Killer John .. amazing choice of item also to get signed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mat8yr
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Wow! John that's awesome on the signed Vader case, I am very jealous...

wrt to verifying vintage 12" accessories I mostly use a magnifying glass and inspect them since there isn't that much info out there - perhaps I'll start a 12" guide on here when I find some free time.

Keep up the sharing guys! it's awesome to see so much great stuff added to your collections!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat May 06, 2017 4:31 pm

This was the last carded figure I acquired... I really love some of those old five & dime store price stickers. I know a lot of collectors remove them for AFA grading, but I have never had the heart. Old price stickers & offers are part of the nostalgia for me, so I never disturb them, even if I grade them...

Last edited by Machinegunn on Sat May 06, 2017 5:15 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : did not attch photos properly...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next