Share | .

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Thundershot
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Thanks guys.

Trust me to drag a thread off topic Laughing

Hi there Artoo, the Jeep's one of Britains Deetail range. I think just I've embarked on another long term restoration project... scratch it needs a spare wheel, M-50 machine gun, driver & gunner figures.

Darthmatt, I often wish I could stay disciplined & focus on just one collection.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:27 pm

super stoked to be adding FINALLY a pbp luke hoth to the collection ... hes pretty special because he was a birthday present from my best friend Drew , we've been friends since 1982 Shocked yep 35 years ....
I assure you all i'll be busting him outta his plastic tomb since I don't collect graded stuff (any hints would be appreciated ) , this guy has alluded me from countless auctions

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:10 pm

I have used a Dremel Sax Max using the wood/plastic blade. Set the depth(not too deep, a millimeter below the thickness of the plastic)and cut the edges. Don't be aggressive. Wear protective glasses. There will be a lot of debris flying, melted acrylic along the cut line, and it will smell. Make a first pass along the edge, let the melted acrylic(flashing)dry/ cool down(few seconds). Remove the flashing. Cut some more, making another pass. Take your time.
Don't use a hammer. I tried that once without success. My thinking was if I hit the edges I would break the bond on the edges. Didn't work out that way. Just would shatter.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to do this, I thought I was doing something sacrilegious by taking them out of the cases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Awesome figure, Bill. And a great friend you have!

As for breaking him out of jail.. I use protective glasses and a thin bladed knife that can fit through those slots lol!

Broke out an Ackbar and Fett within a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chopper
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Just traded that horrible Supergirl Mego doll for this baby.

I don't know much about these or what versions/variants there are so any ifo would be sweet.

host image
pic upload
screen shot pc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Sweet blaster and a good trade since you don't collect mego.

Bill nice figure. I only know a few guys who have freed figures from acrylic prisons. Ian used a hacksaw blade on the edges I believe of his carded death squad commander. Oli I never asked but he has broken loose figures out so may have some tips. Ian_c and olisuds are the usernames.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:20 pm

so I busted out my pbp luke , kind of a pain ... hacksaw , vise , visegrips ... channel locks ....into the collection he goes ...thought ya'll would wanna see

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:26 pm

while I was busting out my luke pbp my birthday present from my wife arrived .
bryans favorite ... lily ledy complete wicket !!! my wife rules .
here he is conquering our front steps gargoyle that my neighbors probably hate
... great birthday week for me cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:14 pm

OH HECK YEAH. Wicket is a must have for any star wars fan. cheers

Didn't think it would be that hard to bust the figure out. Should have mailed it to yourself with the word fragile on the box. I am sure the usps would have busted it out for you no problem. lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:16 am

it has been an amazing collecting week for me .
I threw a bunch of junk on ebay that I no longer wanted (old video games etc..) saved the cash which I look as found money and FINALLY got one of my grails and another cool figure to add ..to say im excited would be a severe understatement
pbp red armor 4lom pretty much mint
pbp alt head biker scout

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:19 am

Holy cow. I have wanted both of these (especially the 4lom) for a long time but have given up on pbp figures due to the outrageous prices. Very jealous of you at the moment. Congrats on grabbing these two.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Excellent trade for that blaster! I think it was well worth it.

Bill - When you sold half of your house, dog and a few first cousins for that 4-Lom, how did everyone take it?

lol!

Like Bryan said. Jealous! All of the figures are great, but that one definitely stands out.

PS - Good job getting Luke out of prison.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artoo_Detour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Bill - congrats on some top loosies! Nice work bustin' Luke out of that sealed acrylic too cheers

@chopper - sweet trade for the blaster. Not sure if there any variants for that particular model but here is some info at SWCA on the line: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_category&category_id=443

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:33 am

Here's a little focus within a focus I've been working on.

I thought I was doing all white with my Airfix/ROTJ offer leaflets until a mate over on SWFUK gave me a yell(ow) alerting me to an ebay auction for the Toy & Hobby yellow one. Cheers Mark!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:17 pm

On the last pic you can see the fold and where it looks like something covered part of the cover while it changed color. Just being a devil's advocate is it possible that this was white and changed to yellowish then later it got even darker around the edges where it remained the exposed?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:22 pm

No worries it's totally legit, I've seen 2 of them now but sadly missed the first one on eBay.

The leaflet was celotaped into a scrap book by the previous owner, so what you see is tape residue.
I was able to remove the tackiness from it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 pm

nice additions stef
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks. I also added a couple of upgrades to my paperwork focus.

1.Imperial Attack Base (Palitoy)
2.Y-Wing Fighter (Lili Ledy)

1.Le Retour Du Jedi Poster (Meccano/GM)

These can all be found in my updated limelight here....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7480-walkie-s-read-the-bloody-instructions-limelight-v2

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:58 pm

Le Retour Du Jedi Poster (Meccano/GM)

So cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:49 pm

I hate buying ewoks BUT its another one off the list

nice Ledy Logray added to the collection

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:58 pm

@hellhippie wrote:
I hate buying ewoks BUT its another one off the list

nice Ledy Logray added to the collection

And just what the f is wrong with ewoks? up yours

Just kidding, I know ewoks aren't for everyone. lol! Nice to get that much closer to a ledy set though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:30 am

8 to go !!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artoo_Detour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Stef - more nice paperwork items! Looks like you upgraded the Meccano poster? That looks sweet.

Bill - congrats on the Ledy Logray. I traded the Ewoks I had ages ago but kept my Logray as I think he's a cool figure.

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:17 am

Something a little different for me as it's not a loose figure variant, but couldn't resist this Glasslite Tie Fighter complete with box, inserts and paperwork.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:17 am

Shocked thats awesome Stef ,, congrats
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next