HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:47 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:53 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:59 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Frankly it's a deadhorse conversation around here, If you display your Yakface with a staff you are best to have a black V1 blaster, if your Yak is complete without a staff then settle for a darkblue V1 blaster for your Luke stormie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 pm

So if an afa loose luke stormie has been incorrectly paired with the dark blue v1 blaster, should I go hunting for the black one so as to get a complete figure?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm

AFA even incorrectly grade Luke Stormtrooper with V4 blaster, as per my above statement- if your complete Yakface includes a staff, then your Luke Stormtrooper should have a black V1 blaster as that is how ALL POTF MOCs came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:00 am

I found another shocking thing, even the jedibusiness action figure data base has gotten not only the wrong Colour blaster on luke jedi, they have also gotten the wrong mold. They display a dark blue v4 mold!!! You can even see the blue flashing on the clip

Last edited by markseowlichang on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:16 am

Yet another error by another weapons website loresdelsith. Their black imperial blaster can be clearly seen as the dark blue version, the thin translucent part is clearly blue. I'm really frustrated at all these websites fooling people with their "black" blaster photos, where it is actually dark blue.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 am

Rebel scum also posted up a wrong blaster for luke stormtrooper, they posted a black V4 squared off bottom
Barrel, which is a wrong weapon for luke stormy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am

That's why the true black blaster commands such a premium price these days. Combine that with the difficulty in telling the difference in color from a crap pic and you have a situation where it is easy for someone to get their money taken. Many sites use the "good enough" approach, but TIG has always been more about the weapons than anywhere else.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:55 am

That's why I choose imperial gunnery over loresdelsith(showing a dark blue blaster), jedibusiness(showing V4 dark blue gun), and rebelscum (showing V4 black gun that doesn't come with luke storm trooper). Basically websites that can't even get the gun right!!!! The only way to get a true black gun is to buy a MOC PoTf(not trilogo)and graded(to Ensure bubble hasn't been resealed)Luke stormtrooper, or to get the two droids figures. This should be the most expensive weapon in the entire Kenner line. Much more rare than the awing gunner gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:41 am

I can fully understand why AFA chooses to allow luke storm to be paired with the dark blue gun. Assuming if 7 out of 10 trilogos had the dark blue blaster and were submitted to AFA for the stupid U grade, or if 10 people living in Europe played with their figures when they were young, and when they were older submitted it to AFA for grading, and all their guns came in dark blue, then AFA will have to reject all these dark blue guns, although they were packaged with the trilogo lukes. however, if people submitted their luke storm with the droids black gun, they were allowed. I think the one true gun for luke stormie is black, but kenner made a decision not to produce black guns for every single trilogo, instead paired them up with the dark blue gun, was prob a way to clear up used stock or maybe they think that dark blue is also acceptable to the figure. I don't think any trilogo luke came with a rebel blaster or a bright blue imperial blaster, that's for sure. So if AFA were to reject all these dark blue guns, there will not be enough samples of luke stormie to go around, as even though the luke storm sometimes came with the dark blue gun, they were rejected as mistakes. In other words, I think AFA might not have been totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:45 am

AJ said in another thread (or maybe this one) the way we look at things here is the kenner releases. Kenner made the power of the force carded figures, they did not make the trilogo carded figures. The factories used to make the figures were the same in some instances but there are also trilogos with Spanish (PBP/Poch) and with euro only variants so those figures were packed to a trilogo back but not by kenner. I haven't studied cardbacks and distribution exclusively but I think many trilogo cards may have been packed at the palitoy factory? Seems I read that somewhere but don't take that as a fact since I really haven't studied up on them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster   Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 am

And just to add a bit more, trilogo carded stuff is known for having many errors with everything from the wrong figure on a card, the wrong accessory, even was shown one recently of a luke poncho that had no figure and just the accessories on the card. These figures were slapped together out of what appears to possibly have been overstock and done so very hastily, much like the return of the jedi 2pack figures on the red cardbacks. Often those don't have weapons or have the wrong ones also.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Another image of a trilogo luke storm trooper with a blue imperial blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1