HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection Empty
PostSubject: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm a long-time lurker that recently joined the forum.  I have Star Wars vintage collectibles spread across the home and garage.  I thought I'd share a pic of my loose figure collection (with variants).  I recently bought another case but haven't moved into it yet.
Attachments
SW_Loose_Collection_HAlowres.jpg
Heavy Artillery Loose Collection
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(410 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:16 pm

nice collection and welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 am

Nice display and figures!

welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Nice setup. Displaying them like this takes a lot of wall room but the case is thin to the wall so way less bulky than an average display case. This also makes a very clean looking display with the figures in individual boxes (a few have to share I see but not many). I didn't count but it looks like a full set are any missing?

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks to all for the welcome and positive feedback.

Trappedtexan - This is the complete action figure collection plus a few extras (such as the Takara wind-up R2-D2 and Blue Snaggletooth).  The POTF figures all have their coins as well.

I'm sure there are different perspectives on what constitutes a complete action figure collection.  I have other figures that weren't on card backs, such as the Dianoga, Salacious Crumb, and Max Rebo band, that I don't consider part of the "carded action figure" collection.  I also don't display the Wampa, Probot, Jabba, etc. in this collection (even though I have them displayed with some of the different playsets).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm

welcome and congrats on a great-looking display! Look forward to seeing how the next case shapes up.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:12 pm

How did you make the background? On further looks I can see SW ships dotted about on what looks like a silver surface.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Artoo_Detour - The background is comprised of a poster-board attached to a wood backing with a couple of stickers on it. I liked the contrast between the figures and the speckled grey backing and thought (at the time) the stickers spruced it up a little (it's been a while).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:06 am

Great setup!

I'm not a variant guy myself, but it's always cool to see the major ones side by side. Happy Lando/Sad Lando is a great example!

Welcome to TIG as well!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Welcome!

Very nice collection. Loose figures are always a highlight. There are a great bunch of guys here. Enjoy the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Not sure how I missed this thread.
Welcome to the forum, and wow a great variant figure collection you have there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:48 pm

@DarthBerizing wrote:
Great setup!

I'm not a variant guy myself, but it's always cool to see the major ones side by side. Happy Lando/Sad Lando is a great example!

Welcome to TIG as well!

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection Lando_10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1