Share | .

Leia blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marcair85
New User
New User

PostSubject: Leia blaster    Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 am

Hello, I've bought this blaster from a seller who had 7 of these. I believe his story but need clarification to make sure it's not a repro.
Im recording a podcast on Sunday about repro and would like to hear your thoughts on it. Not seen one like this before.
Thank you
Marc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artoo_Detour
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Marc, here are your pics:

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:12 am

welcome Marc. I followed the discussion on facebook. Yes it does lack a little bit of detail but does exhibit a lot of authentic traits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marcair85
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 am

Thank you for your reply. I really need a definitive answer, where would you suggest I go to? I had some weapons checked at echo live last week, only wish I'd of had this then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am

Most things I am comfortable betting a carton of beer on for authentication- this one not so much. Where is else to go????Not sure. Perhaps wait for Josh to get one in hand. I did read these 'feel' 'wrong' ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mat8yr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Does it float after being submerged in water a few times (to get any bubbles out)? it should float back to the surface

I just tried comparing my v1, v3 & v4/ledy (I don't have a v3 yet) versions against your images, but I think there are marking differences on all of them vs yours.

Yours, when looking at the right side of the blaster only, clearly shows the mold dimple in the horizontal line above the clip (like the v1 has, but no others has). This tell me yours is either a v1 or a copy of a v1.

Yours, also on the right side, above the handle appears to be flat whereas on my v1 where the arch/bump protrudes above the handle on the top of the gun has clear lines either side, in fact it's sticks out a little. This concerns me because the v1 isn't flat so either I can't see it on the image (and a natural light in focus picture might help here) or it is flat in which case it doesnt match any known weapons, which means it "might" be a repro.

UV light doesnt shown anything on my weapons so I dont have any suggestions there.

Hope this helps, and if you get the time please post some natural light, in-focus pictures to inspect and I'll take another look for you.

Cheers!
Mat

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:29 pm

The seller has been in contact with us, he has offered a full refund to any buyer which no one has taken. We await one example being sent to a collector in the US for examination in hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:35 pm

What is the Facebook page referenced in a previous post? I would like to visit it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Echo Base UK Trading Vintage Star Wars 1977-1988
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marcair85
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Leia blaster    Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:45 am

@mat8yr wrote:

Does it float after being submerged in water a few times (to get any bubbles out)? it should float back to the surface

I just tried comparing my v1, v3 & v4/ledy (I don't have a v3 yet) versions against your images, but I think there are marking differences on all of them vs yours.

Yours, when looking at the right side of the blaster only, clearly shows the mold dimple in the horizontal line above the clip (like the v1 has, but no others has). This tell me yours is either a v1 or a copy of a v1.

Yours, also on the right side, above the handle appears to be flat whereas on my v1 where the arch/bump protrudes above the handle on the top of the gun has clear lines either side, in fact it's sticks out a little.  This concerns me because the v1 isn't flat so either I can't see it on the image (and a natural light in focus picture might help here) or it is flat in which case it doesnt match any known weapons, which means it "might" be a repro.

UV light doesnt shown anything on my weapons so I dont have any suggestions there.

Hope this helps, and if you get the time please post some natural light, in-focus pictures to inspect and I'll take another look for you.

Cheers!
Mat

Yes it does float and I've posted a video of it doing so. Im really 50/50 on this but erring on the side of original. Not holding my breath though, been let down too many times and I'm not that lucky. It is in the hands of Leia until proven repro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Leia blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1