Share | .

PBP Rebel Commander

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rmmhouston
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: PBP Rebel Commander    Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi guys , I purchased this figure on eBay because I thought it is interesting. Seller claims to be an original figure, its color seems whiter than the standard tan from Kenner. I have no reason to think this is a mistake. Then his boots are a vivid red brown color and there is even a drop of the same paint color where the right leg begins. The scarf is very dark brown. Please see pictures , I should receive the figure in a few days so I can inspect further. My initial thought is this looked like a PBP figure , I vaguely recall seeing figures like this being sold in Mexico (likely imported from Spain) but is this a documented variant? I have looked into the guide for this figure but can’t find anything about this unusual figure. Thanks in advance, let me know what you think !!
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/rebel-commander/

Last edited by rmmhouston on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: PBP Rebel Commander    Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm

The lighting can cause contrast and color changes, so wait til you get the figure to make a final judgement. That being said, the figure does appear to be very white in the photo. The COO does appear to match the POCH. However, one characteristic of a POCH is that the mustache is lopsided. I do not see this with your figure. Another characteristic is a melt mark on the back side. I also do not see this on your figure. I would guess that this is a "regular" Kenner figure, albeit a very nice one in good condition. Please allow others to weigh in on your figure. I would be interested in their opinion as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmmhouston
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: PBP Rebel Commander    Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Thanks much bababooefett , will see how the figure looks once I get it. I just hope the figure is not one of those ”restored” or modified in any way. I just got a star destroyer death squad that seems custom painted , I will post this star destroyer comparison when I am done comparing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: PBP Rebel Commander    Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

It looks like the original paint. The edges of the paint look genuine, along with the paint wear with the scarf, leads me to believe it was not repainted. So I think you're good there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PBP Rebel Commander

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1