HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | .

Original 1977 Star Wars Poster 60" x 40"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shmekkie
New User
New User

PostSubject: Original 1977 Star Wars Poster 60" x 40"    Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 pm

I am not a collector. This poster has been rolled up in my basement (dry, clean, no smoking) for 30+ years. Not sure how to proceed with pricing, selling & shipping. Advice would be most welcome. TIA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Original 1977 Star Wars Poster 60" x 40"    Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Start searching online for sellers to get a feel for pricing. Be sure to try and match exactly, because variations can factor into value. If you're uncertain how to determine a variant, that information too should be online. As for selling, that's your choice, but Ebay is generally going to be the fastest, with the widest audience. As for shipping, you can buy poster tubes to ship which is an absolute must.

I would love to have one myself, but these original posters I've seen fetch up to $800+ and this one is huge, so that's going to factor in. Good luck, because actually the cost might hinder a quick sale if you want to get maximum value. You'll need to be patient, most of the time, to get the most money
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Original 1977 Star Wars Poster 60" x 40"    Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Also, to possibly help you research, the poster you have is what is usually referred to as a "Two-Sheet" as it is twice as wide as a standard movie poster or "One-Sheet". What artwork is on the poster? Is it the "Style A" Tom Jung art?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Original 1977 Star Wars Poster 60" x 40"    Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Also checkout this link its one of the best to get an idea of what you have.
http://theswca.com/images-speci/vilmur/posters-sw.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Original 1977 Star Wars Poster 60" x 40"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1