HomeTIG.comFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hanssolo
New User
New User

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 am

Hi Vintage Fans  Very Happy

You might have heard about Hasbro's Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2018/2019 that included the Figures Han Solo, Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin.

Here are some pictures:
https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2019_International_Toy_Fair_Hasbros_Retro_Collection_Photo_Gallery_183146.asp

From the card I could find that the production year is 2018.

However, I was wondering how you can distinguish these Figures from the original vintage figures of the 70ties.

The new figures should have a slightly different mold.  unsure

Also what COO and what year do they have on their back?  unsure

Does anyone of you already have these Figures and could send some pictures of the backside of the Figures?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best wishes
Alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm

None of these have been released yet. They release May 12th of this year.

They are supposedly a little larger than the originals. The accessories/blasters actually look a bit different, especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far.

Word is the initial 6 are a Target exclusive. They've already sold out of internet pre-orders, they may make it available again, however. https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=star+wars+retro+kenner

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Please remember vintage figures have slightly different moulds ( mould families between factories) The retro figures are "new sculpts and just a bit bigger" "especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far." some of what has been seen are 'pre production' so do not get too strung up. But chances are since the 'pre production' items are 'different' the production items will be easy to distinguish. Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retrol10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:50 am

@comicalUser wrote:
None of these have been released yet. They release May 12th of this year.

They are supposedly a little larger than the originals. The accessories/blasters actually look a bit different, especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far.

Word is the initial 6 are a Target exclusive. They've already sold out of internet pre-orders, they may make it available again, however. https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=star+wars+retro+kenner

Thanks a lot comicalUser! I knew that the first 6 are a target exclusive. I didn't know about lthe size though. Very interesting! Thanks a lot for the fast response and info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:54 am

@aussiejames wrote:
Please remember vintage figures have slightly different moulds ( mould families between factories) The retro figures are "new sculpts and just a bit bigger"    "especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far." some of what has been seen are 'pre production' so do not get too strung up.  But chances are since the 'pre production' items are 'different' the production items will be easy to distinguish.

Thanks a lot aussiejames! Fantastic information! A screen shot is exactly what I was looking for!  cheers Where do you get this info on the web?? thinking

It's good to know that the mould is different. Hence, not worth for me to collect lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 am

Don't forget, this isn't the first time Hasbro has released retro style Star Wars figures... remember these guys from 1995?

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 46271401965_5341f45059_c

Personally I'd be more concerned, in few years time, about THESE being passed off as original.

Mind you that Han Solo does look pretty cool:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 am

@Thundershot wrote:
Don't forget, this isn't the first time Hasbro has released retro style Star Wars figures... remember these guys from 1995?

Personally I'd be more concerned, in few years time, about THESE being passed off as original.

Mind you that Han Solo does look pretty cool:

You are right Thundershot! I remember these guys from 1995.

Btw, what COO and year do they have on their back?? unsure affraid

Sorry for these stupid basic questions...Rolling Eyes

Yes! Han Solo looks damn pretty cool in his Stormie outfit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am

Well I found a nice site on the POTF2 1995 Classic Edition 4-Pack:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=1995/#gallery

They used original vintage figures to make new molds for the 95 figures. That's why the 1995 figures are actually slightly smaller than original figures.

See also the discussion on the topic Han Solo COO coo removed
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t9333-han-solo-star-wars-coo-removed?highlight=star+war+hasbro+1995#160409
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,
Yes they're easy to spot as being re-sculpts & are clearly date stamped 1995, Chewbacca's feet are different to the original too, they're flat on the bottom with a ridge/seam running around the edge.

It'll be interesting to see if these new vintage line figures use the 1990's moulds or are completely new toolings.

Speaking of retro style figures, I am a big fan of this one:
Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 35521742145_49de586540_c
Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 35391093921_96738b961c_c

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retro_11

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retroi10

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retroi11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1