The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 am

@vintageSWfan wrote:
Uli i had several comment's on my Ledy boushh's everyone picked a different figure.This is my confussion.I know you picked one and then Wolff picked another.Both very reliable sources. i don't know which one is the right one?should i go back and repost the pic of my boushh's on my thread,i'm just looking for answers' too.Discobob i'm not trying to bust your thread.I'm just a ballbuster. Wiseguy.lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Laughing

Feel free to post it here mate; might be helpful to us all?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 am

I just reposted my Leia Boushh's on my thread i beleive #4 in my line up is Ledy.Discobob it's cool then,I'm gonna post one pic up of them.
Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 Lili_l15
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 am

Dan - the one on the far right is LL. All others are Kenner.

I just checked my Leia Boushhs. There are two main variants for the Taiwan version: one with moulded creme body and one with moulded brown body (painted creme parts). The one with moulded brown body is the harder one to find and appears darker or reddish brown.

The two you have are both moulded in creme. In this version there is one with darker painted brown parts and one with real silver paint. What makes 3 subvariants (for me).

I could use your silver painted Boushh as upgrade for mine Very Happy Very Happy The other I already have in good condition.

It seems I was misleaded from your pictures and my memory - sorry for that!

Uli
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 am

Uli,

That's awesome - great stuff. This is the kind of info I was hoping for. I'm making notes of all of this for future reference, so it's really helping out. I've reserved the silver paint Leia for you (assuming Wollf doesn't need it, which he probably doesn't.)

Thanks again man - you're a legend.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Uli the one with silver paint are you referring to the Ledy?#4

Dan.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

On your Rebel Commando's, I think the four main variants are the No COO, Hong Kong, China Molded Face and the China Painted Face. After that, I don't think anything counts.

I've never seen any evidence that suggests one paint color belongs to any certain country. Very Happy

Hope that helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:58 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
Uli the one with silver paint are you referring to the Ledy?#4

Dan.

No I'm referring to Jeremy's Taiwan Boushhs.

Jeremy, the Landos and Tuskens are all pretty common. The pictures you take are fantastic and give us coo variant collectors the chance to find what we still need.

Cool about the 'silver Taiwan Boushh' - I hope Wolff doesn't have first dips on it...

Well since you are from UK you should post pictures of your Chief Chirpas, Luke Farmboys, IG-88s, Cloud Car Pilots, 4 Cantina Aliens, AT-AT Commanders, Imperial Commanders, Han Solos ANH - there could be a few cool variants at.

Uli
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Ok sound's good Uli.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 am

Dibs on the chirpas and the farmboys lol

Btw disco your not giving up on this thread are ya also don't forget to reply my pm, thanks bro
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:49 am

Jimmy and his pms... Very Happy

I also hope you don't give up this thread!! I always like to see different coos and loads of loose figures Very Happy

Uli
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 am

I was trying so hard not to clutter this great thread with a post but I can't help it tongue Your pictures are first class. I've been talking about sorting out my variants for over a year now. Hopefully this will get me motivated. I can see me asking for a few of your spares Smile And just like Uli " I always like to see different coos and loads of loose figures " :clap:
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 am

Yes please do keep on going Smile Your pictures + Descriptions are really nice and easy to look at, even if the purpose is to gain information its also giving out info at the same time Smile
Back to top Go down
BatintheBelfry
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BatintheBelfry

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 am

I agree with with what the other lads have said. This is a great thread so far and hope there's more to come. Starting to realise just how many variants I'm missing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27599624@N00/
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the words of support.

Don't worry - I'm definitely not giving up on the thread. I promise I'll keep going to the end.

I actually spent a lot of yesterday finishing sorting through figures to see how many variants I actually have of each figure (as few as two for some of the figures, so people who have a specific focus, it may be an idea not to get your hopes up) photographing them all (took 800+ photos) then sorting through the photos.

I need to have a tidy right now, the room I'm working from is a tip, but then I will press on with the actual montages. I suppose the positive is that, when I get variants in future that I don't have in stock right now, I can just add to the montages as I go.

And please, don't worry about clogging up the thread - ANY info/opinion at all is gratefully received. Basic stuff like what certain variants are usually called would help me a lot. Accessories too; what goes with what. Without sounding like a mercenary, basic pricing advice is helpful, not so much based on the condition of the figures, but for future reference, assuming all figures were in equal condition are some worth more/less than others. I want to find a balance between asking reasonable prices but still making the selling worthwhile and I'm always worried about asking too much or too little. (You could even PM me any advice in this area if you'd prefer)

Also, I'm never sure where paint variations are significant or just random...

Basically, any input at all makes this whole thing worthwhile for me.

And again...ALL figures will be made available for sale.

Unless there turns out to be any valuable figures in here (which I don't expect) It won't have been worth it from a financial point of view, but I still think it will be more than worthwhile in terms of learning the ropes from my point of view.

If the thread ends up really cluttered/long I'm sure Jay or one of the mods could help with a tidy, or maybe we just archive it at some point and start a new one (keeping the pics and any info)

Anyway rest assured, there is more to come! Cool

-J
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 am

@RebelChris wrote:
On your Rebel Commando's, I think the four main variants are the No COO, Hong Kong, China Molded Face and the China Painted Face. After that, I don't think anything counts.

I've never seen any evidence that suggests one paint color belongs to any certain country. Very Happy

Hope that helps! Smile

Hi Chris,

Ok cool. I just wasn't sure as I'd read a couple of things suggesting that with certain figures, the paint was sometimes an indicator that it was PBP (Or some other manufacturer/distributor) so wasn't sure where the paint is relevant and where it's just random, thought it was safer to just show it as a variation.

When you say the four main variants, how many other recognised variants are there (that I don't have) ?

And thanks for the input - really appreciate it. Very Happy

-J
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:01 am

How on earth did you end up with over 2000 loose figures anyway haha
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:17 am

@Joe_O wrote:
How on earth did you end up with over 2000 loose figures anyway haha

Was selling off a whole bunch of stuff (because I needed the money - moving house.) and found a couple of hundred SW figures from my youth. Lifelong Star Wars fan, but not a collector. In order to sell them on ebay had to do some basic research, kind of got hooked. Realised it might be a way of making small amounts of money (really small so far lol) while doing something I was genuinely interested in. Find it really exciting to get vintage SW stuff in the post (especially stuff I never had)

Now I'm wondering whether there's a way to make enough money to keep going as a worthwhile sideline. I know that's not a popular stance amongst collectors and sounds a bit mercenary, but I do genuinely love this stuff and I'm not exactly raking in the dough. Even if I was, I'm not one of those people who thinks it's ever ok to rip people off.

I'm thinking maybe I can exist in a community like this quite nicely. I get stuff in bulk, sort through it, sell people the things they're looking for at a reasonble price. If I can get the balance right, I think everyone will be happy.

Also, to be honest, if I can get my cashflow up to a healthy level, I'm pretty sure I'll start collecting for myself as well. Some things I'd love to keep if my finances allowed it.

-J
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:50 am

*BUMP*

-AT-AT commander added.

-Bib Fortuna Added.

-Luke X-Wing Added.

-Lobot Added.

More coming over the next few hours.
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:12 am

Just noticed that the belt mold is different on each of the Lobots and isn't really shown clearly in the montage. Will take more photos and add to it now.

Then next up - Gamorrean Guard - 9 Variants.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:49 am

I call dibs on any Gam Guards I don't have Very Happy Yes there are different buckles on Lobot & Lando. ( &Lobot's zipper) so other mold differences with the ones so far are Luke Bespin lightsaber holster, Leia Boushh belt detail, At-At commander squares on his back. Did I miss any?
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

@aussiejames wrote:
I call dibs on any Gam Guards I don't have Very Happy Yes there are different buckles on Lobot & Lando. ( &Lobot's zipper) so other mold differences with the ones so far are Luke Bespin lightsaber holster, Leia Boushh belt detail, At-At commander squares on his back. Did I miss any?

Hi James,

Thanks for the input - really appreciate it. Very Happy

Didn't notice the square on back detail on the AT-AT commander (will go and have a look now). Smile Uli mentioned the Luke holster thing (I hadn't noticed that before) What variations am I looking for in the Leia Boushh belt? Also, is it just one variation with the Luke holster thing? I just added the Lobot montage with the belts in close-up and thre's at least three different molds between the four figures.

Best Wishes,

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:34 am

Hi Jeremy

Those are some great pic's.How do you get them so good could you give me some tip's so that i can better myself.

I have a 5 megapixel camera with Macro.What is your camera?

Also when i take pic's i lay my stuff either flat on table or standing up?

Sometimes i get a lot of dark shadow in my pic's and no matter what setting i put my camera at my pic's are really bright?

Is there a way to tone down a pic with to much white or light?

Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
Hi Jeremy

Those are some great pic's.How do you get them so good could you give me some tip's so that i can better myself.

I have a 5 megapixel camera with Macro.What is your camera?

Also when i take pic's i lay my stuff either flat on table or standing up?

Sometimes i get a lot of dark shadow in my pic's and no matter what setting i put my camera at my pic's are really bright?

Is there a way to tone down a pic with to much white or light?

Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Hi Dan,

Thanks. Smile

The unfotunately unhelpful one word answer is 'Photoshop'

I use a 7 megapixel sony cybershot with a macro that I inherited from my sister. I suck at photography though. I put the figures on protech stands in front of and top of glossy white boards and take 2-3 photos of every angle I need (as some are always out of focus - or otherwise crap.) Then I sort through to find the usable ones and all the rest is done with Photoshop (where I'm more at home) brightening, colour correction etc...

These are pretty sloppy efforts compared to proper graphic work I do, but they're time consuming enough as it is. Also some of the photos are rubbish enough that thre's a limit to what you can do with them without retaking them (which I can't be bothered to do) For example...if you look at the Lobot collage you can see that all the faces are slightly out of focus lol. (Unfortunately Photoshop can't really fix that.)

If you can get hold of a copy of Photoshop somehow. Suspect I'll gladly give you some tips on that side of things.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best Wishes,

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Nice Gam Gaurds you got there. Smile Love the pig. He reminds me of Bud Spencer. Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Ok photoshop that's what i'm missing i'll need to look into that.

I bet it will improve my pic's greatly.

Thank you Jeremy.

Dan. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)   Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Variant I.D. Help... (Gamorrean Guard Added.)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-