The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm

@Craig T wrote:
I love that poster... one of my favourites! I'm going to get my framed when I have a chance!

The puzzles are really cheap to get hold of too especially when you consider how nice the poster is!

Oh theres a Jabba and Darth too!

I agree the poster is such a nice bonus with the puzzle. I got mine from a secret santa gift exchange on RS a little over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi Uli, no, I picked the poster up with a small lot of other SW toy posters, some vintage and some from the 90s. I've seen the jigsaw puzzle toys fairly cheap on Ebay but don't have any.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Thanks Craig, I wonder how many of the puzzles still have their original posters? Would be nice to get a complete one Cool
I agree it would look good framed, you will have to post a picture if you get yours framed so we can see Smile

Thanks Paul... it would be nice!

Here's one for you...

Two adverts from the Palitoy company advertising the (New at the time) Boba Fett figure. The larger one was in a Marvel Comic. The smaller one is a take home flyer from a store counter. The offer closed on June 30 1980 in both adverts. I actually thought the flyer was a window poster when I originally bought it on the bay as there was so much detail on the flyer. I remember being a little shocked when it turned up being that small.

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Palito12

Note: the "I'm Boba Fett" paragraph is on the reverse of the flyer as is the cut out coupon. You needed three character names and 20p.

I missed out on the separate auction for the actual UK Boba Fett mailer box and baggie. The original owner even had a courtesy letter (addressed to the same recipient) from Palitoy saying the first batch of mail-away Boba's were exhausted and that they were waiting for more and apologies for the delay.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Craig, they're both really cool Boba Fett adverts! I agree the smaller one does look to have a lot of detail. These would be great in someone's Fett focus. I like how they give a description of parts of his outfit and gear. Shame you missed out on the other auction, but you still have two very nice adverts there Cool Thanks for sharing.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:51 pm

I think everyone loves Fett really! I have a little stash...

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Myboba10
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Craig nice afa90 carded Fett.

Redo your pic so you can show it off better,That stuff is to nice to be in a small pic.

Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

I have a good collection of old Marvel,DC and Charlton comics, and I found these two great ads in a Marvel issue:

Official Star Wars Fan Club Ad:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Comic_11

The next one is completely bizarre! Not even sure if it's official? Darth Vader looks more like a prototype Skeletor, and the kid looks like a ten year old Luke unsure
Seems to be a Heroes World Franchises. They spell Vader 'Vadar' lower down too. Any USA cousins out there remember or know of this?

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Comic_12

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Heroes World was THE place to buy from back then. They have some killer ads in comics from the late 70's/early 80's. It seems when ROTJ came out they quit putting out any ads. And the only place you could find them was in Marvel. I think Josh_T has a few I gave to him from some scrappy comics I had.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Ad-0210
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 Palito10
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:49 pm

More great promo stuff guys.

Paul-love the comic inserts, especially the Lord Darth Vadar costume. If you're going to use the Star Wars brand to sell merchanidise shouldn't you at least get the name right? Rolling Eyes

Todd-I knew you weren't as bad as everyone was making you out to be, here and on that "other" forum. You share pictures and everything! Laughing

Thanks for the share guys.

Brad
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:56 pm

@ctscanman68 wrote:
More great promo stuff guys.

Paul-love the comic inserts, especially the Lord Darth Vadar costume. If you're going to use the Star Wars brand to sell merchanidise shouldn't you at least get the name right? Rolling Eyes

Todd-I knew you weren't as bad as everyone was making you out to be, here and on that "other" forum. You share pictures and everything! Laughing

Thanks for the share guys.

Brad

Yeah...Just some people live sheltered lives and cant handle my brand of humor. Razz
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:33 pm

I thought I would revive this thread in honor of my first piece of promo material. Huge thanks to Paul(artoo-detour) for this poster I had my eye on! Going to have to upgrade the frame one of these days, this one doesn't do it justice--I was in a hurry to see it on the wall. Not up to par with Uli's collection, but it's a start.
Once again, big props to Paul for hooking me up!! cheers cheers Laughing Laughing
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 10010
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Brad, that is awesome in the frame mate! Good choice there with slim black frame cheers cheers cheers

Glad it arrived safe n sound Smile

Can't wait to get my posters framed now when I move house!! I was thinking red frames but now I've seen your black frame unsure lol!

Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Great stuff guy's, very nice.

Dan. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:22 am

A nice poster "set in scene" very cool! Congrat!

This was for what they made this kind of paperwork (I think) Very Happy

Uli
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Haven't been in this thread for a while... some lovely pieces guys.

Paul: Great adds and a crazy looking darth Paul!

I love that Tri-poster Brad! I will have to pick one up it look fantastic framed over you collection!

Todd: I love that Palitoy advert... great stuff
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:16 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 SDC10503
from the NZ Toltoys death star
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Nice Toltoys paperwork AJ. NZ too. Good share. Smile

Anything on the reverse? Only it has 'PTO' on bottom.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Nice Toltoys paperwork AJ. NZ too. Good share. Smile

Anything on the reverse? Only it has 'PTO' on bottom.
Laughing never really noticed the PTO, it's blank on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 pm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

PTO is an abbreviation for:

* United States Patent and Trademark Office or any other Patent and Trademark Office (disambiguation)
* Parent Teacher Organization - organization that consists of parents, teachers and school staff
* a Power Take-Off driveshaft
* Paid Time Off - abbreviation for time off work
* "P:T:O:", a music track on the Klaus Schulze album Body Love (1977)
* PTO: Pacific Theater of Operations, a war strategy simulation series by Koei based on the World War II events
* P.T.O., The Phantom of the Opera-- the original novel or an adaptation (movie/musical/literature) or the Phantom character from any of these
* Public Telecommunications Operator
* PTO - Please turn over

it could mean any one of these really! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 am

:bump:
Bump for this great thread.

Any of you new guys that just joined want to add any paperwork - posters, flyers, manuals, catalogues, adverts etc?
Welcome to post em up here.

Hoping to add a few myself in a week or two and hoping Craig will post his new ad slick & coa here Cool

Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 am

Kenner 1982 Catalogue came with my canadian speeder bike

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05873
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05874
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05875
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05876
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05877
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05878
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05879
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05880
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05881
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05882
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05883
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05884
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05885
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05886
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05887
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05888
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05889
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05890
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05891
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 DSC05892
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:36 am

What a damn great thread. I love books & paperwork etc. I think this could well be a direction of mine once i get the loose collection to a place where it slows down a lot.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:32 am

This threads uber cool! I have a bunch of "paper" related stuff put into a scrapbook (3 ring binder). I'll have to dig it out and take some pics. I even have some cut out Fox Trot cartoon strips from the late 90's where Star Wars was mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next