The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone know an approx value of this baby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

Anyone know an approx value of this baby Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:10 pm

The carded figure in question is an AFA 80 12 back A vader (with SKU on stand).

Anyone know an approx value of this baby 38557110

Thanks!

Jason
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm

@sacko wrote:

Thanks!

Jason

This may be a dumb question lol buts whats "with SKU on stand" refer to Jason?

Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Come on Jay! It means the SKU is on the stand Wink.

Really I have no idea. I submitted it to the AFA and they added that. I did not even see it??? I am guessing there is a SKU under his feet on the stand or something. Not in front of it right now but just looking at the pics.

Anyone?

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm

SKU = Stock Keeping Unit ??
I'm guessing it's a ref number located on the stand ??

Anyone?

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Yes it refers to a stock number / item number marked on the footstand I believe.

Not sure if that makes it rarer or not but I guess they felt it warranted a mention .
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:39 am

Jason,

In a large collection that was recently brokered earlier this year an 85 (85/85/85) was offered initially for $2000. The one I am talking about originated from a Kenner salesman but I am not sure if that factored into the price. I think these are considered the earliest 12-a releases but others can probably set the record straight if I am wrong.

Not sure if it was sold or not. Hope this helps!

-chris
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:49 am

Thank you guys!

I will pursue your info Chris. Much appreciated dude. Gives me a direction to look Smile.

Jason
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 am

@jaymassive619 wrote:
@sacko wrote:

Thanks!

Jason

Jason , first of all, congrats for that item!!!!! .... Whatever SKU means lol! lol! ....

Haven´t heard about that !! ... If Chris is right , you have a very , very expensive item in your hands!!!

Congrats Jason.... you always manage to find rare SW items!!!

Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 am

@merlin wrote:
@jaymassive619 wrote:
@sacko wrote:

Thanks!

Jason

Jason , first of all, congrats for that item!!!!! .... Whatever SKU means lol! lol! ....

Haven´t heard about that !! ... If Chris is right , you have a very , very expensive item in your hands!!!

Congrats Jason.... you always manage to find rare SW items!!!

Adolfo my friend! I am always open to trade this rare beauty for your Ledy boba Wink.

Jason
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 am

BTW pulled this from one of Jeff's (jeffscollectableempire) listings

"THE VERY FIRST 12-A CARDS HAD A SKU NUMBER ON THE FOOTER PIECE WHERE THE FIGURE STANDS ON"

Looks like Chris was right. Thanks again

Jason
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 am

@sacko wrote:
BTW pulled this from one of Jeff's (jeffscollectableempire) listings

"THE VERY FIRST 12-A CARDS HAD A SKU NUMBER ON THE FOOTER PIECE WHERE THE FIGURE STANDS ON"

Looks like Chris was right. Thanks again

Jason

EXCELENTE!!!!!

Great find my friend!!!! ........ Now , you have a very first 12-A Card in your hand!!! Even better if it´s Darth Vader!!!

Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Jason,

If you saw that from Jeff then that is the exact same one. Jeff was (is??) brokering a collection that was initially being brokered by someone else.. I think BToys is also handling some of that collection so you may see it there too.

BTW - the price I told you was the original asking price from the original broker back from earlier this year. I am sure anyone else trying to sell it will have it marked up 10-20% or more.

Nice find, dude! Definitely a rare one!

-chris
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm

@xiskool wrote:
Jason,

If you saw that from Jeff then that is the exact same one. Jeff was (is??) brokering a collection that was initially being brokered by someone else.. I think BToys is also handling some of that collection so you may see it there too.

BTW - the price I told you was the original asking price from the original broker back from earlier this year. I am sure anyone else trying to sell it will have it marked up 10-20% or more.

Nice find, dude! Definitely a rare one!

-chris

Yea I think I saw an AFA 75 R2 from BT.

Thank you Chris. I really appreciate the help and the nice comments!!

Thanks for the nice comments Adolfo, let me know when we can swap for the ledy boba!!! Smile Smile Smile

Jason
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm

So come on Jason, enough with the tease! Show us the whole photo!!!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 pm

@RebelChris wrote:
So come on Jason, enough with the tease! Show us the whole photo!!!!!

Very Happy

Sorry guys Smile. The pic is not great. I will take another later but for now here he is

Anyone know an approx value of this baby Img_0640
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Jason, Just an FYI, there was a Vader, R2, 3PO, Stormtrooper and Chewie in that collection and all of them could have listed by BT or Jeff at some point.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:55 pm

@xiskool wrote:
Jason, Just an FYI, there was a Vader, R2, 3PO, Stormtrooper and Chewie in that collection and all of them could have listed by BT or Jeff at some point.

I assume they were all graded? I just had this one graded myself. Had no idea it was a good one Smile.

Jason
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Yeah, they were all graded.
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Interesting thread. Do double telescoping MOCs have this characteristics? Seems logical that they would.
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/TIG-User-Mug-Shots/i
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 pm

@sacko wrote:
@xiskool wrote:

I assume they were all graded? I just had this one graded myself. Had no idea it was a good one Smile.

Jason

Jason, now I´m asking all my friends that have 12 Back´s to send me pics of their ungraded MOC´s !!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 pm

What am I supposed to be looking for on that MOC?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 pm

@Joe_O wrote:
Yes it refers to a stock number / item number marked on the footstand I believe.

Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 pm

@aussiejames wrote:
@Joe_O wrote:

I don't see it????
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:09 am

@sacko wrote:
@aussiejames wrote:
@Joe_O wrote:

I don't see it????
Embarassed :scratch:
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:16 am

I see it Smile. It is a white numbering on the top of the figure stand under where vader stands. I thought it would be on the bottom but it is on the top yellow part of the stand and towards the back. Very nice catch by the AFA Smile.

I will try to see if I can get a good pic of it here shortly.

Jason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know an approx value of this baby   Anyone know an approx value of this baby I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know an approx value of this baby

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-