The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi guys, just to let you know, I`m going to be there again with part of my collection!! , this is the 3rd time I`m going to attend this convention , gladly I known the organizer since the beginning of this conventions and he has work very hard to be where he is standing right now!!...


last 2 times I`ve been there , I always find old friends that sell Ledy items , but As everybody know I`M NOT A LEDY EXPERT, ( But I`m a quick learner thanks to all the Ledy experts of this forum), so if anybody is looking for something special, please let me know in advance and I will really appreciate detailed pics for the item your looking for ( so you make my life easier and I don`t screw it!!!!!)

I know this is a vintage forum.. But this is one of the items I will take over there ( the organizer told me emphatically to bring it over !!)
This was the Star Wars Fan Days III exclusive action figure...Emperor Pink Royal Guard vintage type, please correct me if I`m wrong BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW , THIS IS THE ONLY CUSTOM ACTION FIGURE WITH AUTHORIZATION FROM LUCASFILM LTD. (Steve Sansweet has the other one!!!)

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Imperi10

I`ll post more pics from the other conventions.....

From the 2nd convention.....
Before everything started , I just throw all the action figures in there because I arrived late!!! LOL!
Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Expo_i11

From the 3rd convention.....
Before everything started, There were several TV shows in there, this guy interviewed my father and me after his close-up of the action figures!!...IT WAS REALLY COOL THE WAY HE DESCRIBED THE COLLECTION!!....
Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Pic_0510

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Pic_0511
Until later!!.......


Last edited by merlin on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:33 am

@merlin wrote:
Hi guys, just to let you know, I`m going to be there again with part of my collection!! , this is the 3rd time I`m going to attend this convention , gladly I known the organizer since the beginning of this conventions and he has work very hard to be where he is standing right now!!...


last 2 times I`ve been there , I always find old friends that sell Ledy items , but As everybody know I`M NOT A LEDY EXPERT, ( But I`m a quick learner thanks to all the Ledy experts of this forum), so if anybody is looking for something special, please let me know in advance and I will really appreciate detailed pics for the item your looking for ( so you make my life easier and I don`t screw it!!!!!)

I know this is a vintage forum.. But this is one of the items I will take over there ( the organizer told me emphatically to bring it over !!)
This was the Star Wars Fan Days III exclusive action figure...Emperor Pink Royal Guard vintage type, please correct me if I`m wrong BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW , THIS IS THE ONLY CUSTOM ACTION FIGURE WITH AUTHORIZATION FROM LUCASFILM LTD. (Steve Sansweet has the other one!!!)

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Imperi10

I`ll post more pics from the other conventions.....

Until later!!.......

Sounds like it will be a great day Alfonso!!

I have to say the Pink ERG is cool as hell!!

_________________________________________________
***THIS PROFILE IS UNMONITORED*** Please contact Darthberizing
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Posts : 7732
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 46
Location : Western Australia

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:44 am

Since you offered, any LL cardbacks will find a loving home at my house Wink
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2010-02-09
Location : UK

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 am

Hi Merlin,

I would love a LL Luke Jedi Card Back for the Reference Guide!

A loose complete LL Luke Jedi would also be awesome Very Happy ***waves hand as causal as Obi
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

Posts : 326
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 47
Location : Wheeling, WV

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:26 am

@merlin wrote:
Hi guys, just to let you know, I`m going to be there again with part of my collection!! , this is the 3rd time I`m going to attend this convention , gladly I known the organizer since the beginning of this conventions and he has work very hard to be where he is standing right now!!...


last 2 times I`ve been there , I always find old friends that sell Ledy items , but As everybody know I`M NOT A LEDY EXPERT, ( But I`m a quick learner thanks to all the Ledy experts of this forum), so if anybody is looking for something special, please let me know in advance and I will really appreciate detailed pics for the item your looking for ( so you make my life easier and I don`t screw it!!!!!)

I know this is a vintage forum.. But this is one of the items I will take over there ( the organizer told me emphatically to bring it over !!)
This was the Star Wars Fan Days III exclusive action figure...Emperor Pink Royal Guard vintage type, please correct me if I`m wrong BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW , THIS IS THE ONLY CUSTOM ACTION FIGURE WITH AUTHORIZATION FROM LUCASFILM LTD. (Steve Sansweet has the other one!!!)

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Imperi10

I`ll post more pics from the other conventions.....

Until later!!.......

This ERG is awesome!! And for a good cause. Actually, we are working on a custom miner Jawa (our logo) for our show in October for the Childrens Miracle Network here in the U.S. We already have rights to our Jawa image and just waiting on our contract for the custom figure. So hopefully if everything pans out we'll have the second Very Happy .

How many of the ERG's were made?

Cheers,
Steven
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 am

@aussiejames wrote:
Since you offered, any LL cardbacks will find a loving home at my house Wink

Are you looking for one in specific or just any cardback?


@Craig T wrote:
Hi Merlin,

I would love a LL Luke Jedi Card Back for the Reference Guide!

A loose complete LL Luke Jedi would also be awesome Very Happy ***waves hand as causal as Obi

OK, I will look for that!

@rebojazz wrote:

This ERG is awesome!! And for a good cause. Actually, we are working on a custom miner Jawa (our logo) for our show in October for the Childrens Miracle Network here in the U.S. We already have rights to our Jawa image and just waiting on our contract for the custom figure. So hopefully if everything pans out we'll have the second Very Happy .

How many of the ERG's were made?

Cheers,
Steven

Steven...thanks, I also think is a very cool action figure....only 2 were made, Steve Sansweet has the other one!! ... I really hope you can get the second one, specially if it is for a good cause!!!...... and even better if I can get one of those , so I have number one and two lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi...... a lot of people attending the convention......

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4810


here is my display.....sadly I only brought some action figures!!!!

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4811

Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

Posts : 251
Join date : 2010-02-25

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 am

@merlin wrote:
Hi...... a lot of people attending the convention......

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4810


here is my display.....sadly I only brought some action figures!!!!

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4811


COOL DUDE!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:38 am

@sacko wrote:
@merlin wrote:
Hi...... a lot of people attending the convention......

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4810


here is my display.....sadly I only brought some action figures!!!!

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4811


COOL DUDE!!!

Yeah that looks wicked!

Its there much vintage SW for sale Alfonso?

_________________________________________________
***THIS PROFILE IS UNMONITORED*** Please contact Darthberizing
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Posts : 2862
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 45
Location : IL,US.

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:51 am

I hope my buddy's score big at this convention.Lookin for Ledy variant's.

Nice pic's Merlin.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:39 am


Thanks DAN...... today there will be a Lili Ledy Collectors panel, YOU SHOULD BE HERE AS YOU ARE AN EXPERT IN LILI LEDY VARIANTS!!!!...

Jay......Not to much.....you can see only a couple of places selling vintage....only LUIS GOMEZ , JUAN CARLOS CUBERO, OSCAR DIDDIER.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

Posts : 523
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 48
Location : Germany

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 am

Hey Adolfo please try to take some pictures of their stands Smile I would really love to see what they have for sale, how they look alike etc.

I love this thread btw. many thanks for posting it!

Uli
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 48
Location : Warwick, Rhode Island USA

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:51 pm

I want to see pictures also!!!!
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:56 pm

WOW..today was just simply insane!!!!!!!

First Pic was taken before everything started.....
Great talk about Lili Ledy....Alonso Vilches and Miguel Vazquez talking about Mexican Collectibles ( 2nd Pic)

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4819

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4820

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 100_4821
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:59 pm

@Idefix13 wrote:
Hey Adolfo please try to take some pictures of their stands Smile I would really love to see what they have for sale, how they look alike etc.

I love this thread btw. many thanks for posting it!

Uli

I´ll post them tomorrow.......

Thanks Uli
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Posts : 2862
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 45
Location : IL,US.

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 pm

That is a nice pic in the background showing the two different variant coat's for the Ledy Han trenchcoat.I have both of those,the grey/brown&the red/brown.

It look's like they were doing an educational seminar on Ledy memorbilia as well,it would of been worth the visit there just for the educational purpose,i alway's like to learn new stuff.Great pic's,Aldolfo.

Adolfo who was the guy and what was his name behind the blue desk in you pic doing the seminar?

I would also like to see pic's of the vender's there,and see how they have there stuff on display.

Dan. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:54 pm

@vintageSWfan wrote:
That is a nice pic in the background showing the two different variant coat's for the Ledy Han trenchcoat.I have both of those,the grey/brown&the red/brown.

It look's like they were doing an educational seminar on Ledy memorbilia as well,it would of been worth the visit there just for the educational purpose,i alway's like to learn new stuff.Great pic's,Aldolfo.

Adolfo who was the guy and what was his name behind the blue desk in you pic doing the seminar?

I would also like to see pic's of the vender's there,and see how they have there stuff on display.

Dan. cheers cheers

Hi DAN , about your question , is Alonso VIlches and Miguel Vasquez , when it comes to Mexican collectibles , both are also consider experts!!!

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Expo_v10

Here are 2 pics from vendors.....
Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Expo_v11

resealed Ledy`s!!! ....
Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Expo_v12

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Expo_v13
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

Posts : 523
Join date : 2010-03-27
Age : 48
Location : Germany

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:02 pm

That are the pictures I was hoping for! Many thanks!

Did you take more?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:10 pm


Some cool pictures!

I noticed a LL red cape squidhead MOC in that last pic!

Did you buy anything when you where there Alfonso?

_________________________________________________
***THIS PROFILE IS UNMONITORED*** Please contact Darthberizing
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:37 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:

Some cool pictures!

I noticed a LL red cape squidhead MOC in that last pic!

Did you buy anything when you where there Alfonso?


Yes that`s right that `s an ORIGINAL red cape squidhead!! ..RESEALED!! , I bought a Nien numb "RETORNO del JEDI" Almost flawless!

@Idefix13 wrote:
That are the pictures I was hoping for! Many thanks!

Did you take more?

Yes I have more..... give me a sec!!

Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Here is one more pic.....

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Expo_v14
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

Posts : 140
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 48
Location : Warwick, Rhode Island USA

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Was the Bib in the 1st picture an authentic Red cape or one of the new fakes?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:39 pm

@BILLIAM666 wrote:
Was the Bib in the 1st picture an authentic Red cape or one of the new fakes?

It was 100% authentic!!... you could see the difference only by comparing them... a lot of fakes everywhere!!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Posts : 2862
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 45
Location : IL,US.

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Adolfo were there many or little loose lili ledy figures or weapon's for sale?Also how was pricing average or higher than usual for ledy stuff?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Posts : 668
Join date : 2010-04-08
Age : 48
Location : Cancun Mexico

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 am

@vintageSWfan wrote:
Adolfo were there many or little loose lili ledy figures or weapon's for sale?Also how was pricing average or higher than usual for ledy stuff?

DAN... there were some loose lili ledy figures, but I didn`t saw many weapons...prices were higher than usual...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8   Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

Mexico City convention....Expocoleccionistas V....Aug 6-8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-