The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay Empty
PostSubject: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 am

Hi All

is it just me or does this figure and card not look right I can't see any info in the name area is it just the picture

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRI-LOGO-CARDED-HAN-SOLO-CARBONITE-MECCANO-CARD-1983-/150479774267?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN

i dont want to bid on it if its not real also seems very cheap

cheers dan
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 am

It does look odd- ask for better pictures.
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 am

the auctions says it says HAN SOLO IN CARBONITE CHAMBER HAN SOLO (EMMURE)
on the card but I cant see it
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 am

I can't see it either, maybe (just maybe) it's the angle the picture is taken on & hence why another picture will help. Or just ask the seller why the 'name plate' looks blank. 79 pounds does seem cheap and raises obvious concerns.
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 am

I paid £49 for my loose one every other one I have seen listed normally go for £90+ carded, alarm bells ring with such a low price if it is real I would be happy to pay that have it graded
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:45 am

I could also use a bit of advice, I want to sell a display stand that I have it was brought from a seller 20 years ago who aquired it from the house clearence of an exec from uk retailer John Lewis it has an ewok village on it and a custom made polystyrene and wood jabbas palaxce and sarlaac pit its around 8 feet in length any idea what it may be worth
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:56 am

It doesn't look like the seller deals with a lot of star wars, the same item ended at 65 pounds last week (didn't meet reserve) I tried to take a picture at a simlar angle to make the name plate blank
Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay SDC11670
it didn't work tongue Dan, have you worked out how to load pictures yet? The display stand sounds uber cool - no idea on price. Your buyers market will be limited because I don't think the postman can deliver it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:00 am

no still not worked out how to upload pics, I would use a courier service and if it goes over seas I will get a crate for it and pack it safe I dont trust couriers lol used to use DHL with a company I worked for and they came to be known as Damage it, Hide it, Loose it
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:04 am

http://imperialgunnery.forumotion.com/off-topic-f5/uploading-pictures-t887.htm?highlight=pictures
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:05 am

got a response from him more alarm bells ringing

i would love to, but my camera is not great at the moment (part of the reason i am selling this figure to buy a new one!!)but if there is anything i can help you with please let me know, it is one o fhte best cards i have ever had and is very nice from a non smoking house
reagrds
kev.

- maxmanhood
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:13 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150455887264
looking through his feedback he has sold a few Tri MOCs, most of his pictures are crap, with a flash. It may be worth taking a gamble on it.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 am

I did some work on the photo in Photoshop and there is definitely some information in the nameplate. Why it didn't show up is anyone's guess?

Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay Hancar10

Is it worth taking a chance on? Maybe. From the looks of the photo there are three lines of text in the nameplate. Whether that means it's legit or not, that's debatable.

Another red flag for me is the fact that it's unpunched. That's quite uncommon for Tri's.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

I have no reason to doubt thats real, bubble is correct, card looks fine, many L17 Tris can be unpunched, the placement of the figure in the bubble is the same as all others I have seen, dodgy camera work aside I vote real.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:54 pm

i have a couple of unpunched trilogos, all last17 figs indeed
i also have this han carbonite cardback with a little "punch" left in the punch-hole Smile
any way.. i'm wondering what type of "back" this is, cause i think there's a difference with my card (collect all 70 in title, but 79 figures shown with "paploo" and "ewok warrior" blacked out in tidy rectangles)
the difference being the whitespace around the name text in the yellow nametag. compared to chris' photoshop results, mine has more whitespace?

i'll try to take a pic asap to compare

speaking of taking pics, jay you'd have to know where the ebayer's main light source was, the angle of the card alone isn't enough Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:56 pm

upon closer inspection, it might just be a case of chris' white parts bleeding

(that must've sounded weird for anyone just walking in the conversation Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 pm

another response from Him I asked about the name plate and he didnt answer about it

i bpught this many many years ago new!!!
so i can vouch for it as the real deal
i also had many more, including a rare tri-logo jawa, that i will be selling in the near future, ironically to fund among other things a new camera!!
many thanks any thing else you need to know drop me a line
cheers
kev.

- maxmanhood
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:16 pm

as for it been correct bubble I have seen some great customs/re-cards with the correct style bubble so some people go to lengths to make things look original although I have seen many kits listed on ebay where the sellers do include on the POP that its reproduction packaging
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:50 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/star-wars-kenner-tri-logo-han-solo-carbonite-chamber-/250682447277?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_500wt_1154

Same condition but its cheaper , same unpunched card, same bubble + figure placement, I honestly think the one you linked just had a dodgy picture,it can happen, wrong angel, too much flash and a bad reflection is all that you need and we all know ebay is full of people with shit cameras!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 am

Any news on this ? Did you get it ?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:31 am

Just seen its relisted, the US one went for about the price the UK one was bid up to give or take a few $, I still think its ok Smile
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 am

I did not bid on it wanted to see what it went upto then consider making the seller an offer but as he relisted it I'll watch and see
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 am

It sure is a nice figure, I definitely want to start on a trilogo set at some point.. I don't know how far I can go with it considering some of the prices of them but I think tri's are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 am

was only really interested in it for my boba fett focus it will go in between my 2 MOC trilogo fetts
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 am

Haha thats a neat idea, like his trophy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 am

Yeah I would love to find a trilogo slave 1 that would be truely awesome I have the Palitoy and kenner boxes can't beat boot sales got both at same boot sale same day for under £10 each complete lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay   Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meccano Han Solo Caronite on ebay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-