The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

ebay Snipers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

ebay Snipers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Stupid question: What is sniping? I've done my share of sniping but that was when I was back in the Marine Corps and is a totally different story. So what are we talking about here? Waiting until the last seconds of an auction and then upping your bid?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
Stupid question: What is sniping? So what are we talking about here? Waiting until the last seconds of an auction and then upping your bid?
no stupid questions around here unless you're asking where to buy repros Razz
Yes they are last second bids and there are various computer program thingys that will do it for you so you don't have to be on the computer when bidding ends.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:17 pm

I guess I can see an advantage to that as I'm in the bed when a lot of auctions are ending. Although I usually place the max that I'm willing to bid in that case so I guess it doesn't matter.

Good to know anyway. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:29 am

Nothing changed here.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 am

I'm like Tim. Sniping all the way for me. Even when I didn't know sniping software existed I waited until the very end to put in my bid, which had its risks because eBay had a knack for asking me to log in again at precisely those moments. Evil or Very Mad

In contrast to most of you guys, I get frustrated by people bidding away at the item and driving up the price.

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am

I still snipe and it's helped myself and a few others here win some auctions. Most of the time I still watch them end, but it is nice knowing that I don't have to be in a panic trying to get my bid in manually in the last 10 seconds. Here's the site I've been using for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Paul-itoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Paul-itoy

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

I have never used a sniping program, but will always wait until the last few seconds.

I have two pages open on the same item - one with the auction counting down and the other already primed ready to click confirm bid. I just switch pages at ten seconds and click confirm. I always log out and log back in prior to bidding as well, that way I never get asked to log in.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:50 pm

@Paul-itoy wrote:
I have never used a sniping program, but will always wait until the last few seconds.

I have two pages open on the same item - one with the auction counting down and the other already primed ready to click confirm bid. I just switch pages at ten seconds and click confirm. I always log out and log back in prior to bidding as well, that way I never get asked to log in.

I do exactly the same thing Paul i try and leave it until about 7 seconds.

Jay

Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 am

An interesting Debate.

To be honest I always try to get a last minute bid in if I can. I know it's not the "ebay way" but I aint rich either.

Whenever I Place a Maximum bid early on in the auction it always incremented up by one bidder (This seriously it pisses me off) and I end up paying relatively more. And because you can't see the other bidder's name anymore I am always supicious of the Ebay seller using friends or dummy accounts to drive-up the bidding. I rather they just tell me what they want. But when you see 27 bids from one same bidder and the final bid that just beat yours retratced because "he entered the wrong amount" it kinda takes the plessure of wining out the way because you know you been scammed but you really want the item.

If I can't get to a USA auction I alway ask friends to snipe for me. 1) Becuase it may not be available to non-USA ebayers, 2) It might be in bed, 3) I Might get lucky.

I am rethinking my ways on how much I spend on my hobby. I think the New job and leaving Uni suddenly gave me access to cash I never had but I need to satrt saving now for a house wedding etc. so I need watch the pennies.

I be gutted if I had to sell any of my stuff to raise a deposit or something so if Sniping helps ... That's what I am going to do.

Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:27 pm

not sure if i have been sniped or just " had " ?

i bid on a non star wars item today ( the pacific box set ) and bid £19, i went straight in as highest bidder, passing the previous highest (£17 ), i jumped in the shower and returned to see i had not won the item, i looked and seen it had sold for £19 but showed a guy had bid the same amount right at the death and got it????

WTF i thought earliest bid won if two people bid the same amount?? well sick

Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ebay Snipers   ebay Snipers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ebay Snipers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat