The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Bastards yes Mad Unlucky, Jay If it is the item you're thinking of then yeah that totally blows the idea of £40 or less out the water. Be good if you can get some info tomorrow.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm

How much is your customs charges??? 30- 40 pound item = nearly 15 pound charge Shocked
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Don't have to pay anything here - sorry Jay Sad
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:
The bastards have collared me again Evil or Very Mad

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 SAM_0550

If its the item im thinking of it only cost $30! I thought customs only applied to items that are valued £40 or higher!

Anyway i got to go pay and collect it tomorrow so ill be asking them.

Jay

Sorry to hear you got stung Jay! Sad

Just had a look on HMRC's website & it says you have to pay import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £18 at a rate of 20% or if its been declared as a gift,then its £40!

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/buying.htm#4

Your seller hasn't added the postage cost to the value on the customs form has he?,I once had a seller from the USA do this & i got hammered with a similar charge to yourself! Twisted Evil

Hope this helps,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Cheers Mark Smile

So its this we got to remember -

2.3 What are the limits for customs duty and import VAT?

* Commercial consignments of £18 or less are free from customs duty and import VAT. For example, goods purchased over the internet with an intrinsic value not exceeding £18, will not be charged any duty or VAT but this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters. See paragraph 2.5, 2.6 and section 3.
* If you are sent a gift with a value of £40 or less, and which complies with the rules shown in paragraph 2.4, it will be free from customs duty and import VAT, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters.

If we get something marked gift we have up to £40

But if its not marked Gift only up to £18 Sad

The item was $30 plus 16$ postage unfortunately $30 = £18.75 Sad so it was just over the fuckers.

I cant believe they are charging £15 for a £18 item that's fucking ridiculous imo good job i got a bargain on the item lets hope the seller (eBay) hasn't sent me a piece of shit lol

I feel like the fuckers have me on their target list now i have been hit twice recently Sad

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Yes that's right mate!

It's the ridiculous Royal Mail handling charge that's the killer (£8!) Twisted Evil

Get them to break down the charges for you & if you think its wrong,keep all the packaging & paperwork & you can apply for a refund to HMRC.I done it a couple of times & managed to get a few quid back but sadly you can't get the RM handling charge refunded! Sad

It wouldn't surprise me at all if you were on some sort of watch list,they must keep a list of people that receive a lot of mail from abroad!

Hope you get it sorted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Man i double pissed on this now!
Picked up the parcel tonight and coughed up the Customs charge and it was because the ebayer seller had marked the value double what i actually paid (i never asked for this) and this was the reason it qualified for custom charges had it been marked correctly i wouldn't have been charged. I'm pretty pissed now i forked out 15gbp because of an error by the seller. To top it off the item is pretty shabby with the pop removed on the box which wasn't pictured or described Evil or Very Mad

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm

What a fucking idiot Jay! Rolling Eyes

I hope you've pm'd him to see what he's playing at!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-