The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

OT - Get to know each other

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

OT - Get to know each other Empty
PostSubject: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm

"I like long walks on the beach, and my sign is Virgo"

lol!

No, seriously, I've been thinking about posting this thread for awhile now and just never got around to it.

I thought it would be interesting to post additional things we all enjoy or are in to outside the obvious hobby. Very Happy

To get the discussion going, I'll start.

While I also enjoy collecting Star Wars, I also have an affliction to smoking cigars and drinking different styles (craft) of beer. I also really enjoy working on projects around the house and fixing things up. Projects like my yard, landscaping, working in the garden, building my deck, PVC plumbing, etc.

I also love to hang out and play with our three dogs. Camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and anything else outdoors. I also really enjoy grilling and smoking different foods and trying different things on the BBQ.

I also really love the holidays of Halloween and Christmas. Very Happy We go all out decorating the house for Halloween and we even hand out modern Star Wars figures to all the kids dressed up as Star Wars characters that come to our door. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm

@RebelChris wrote:
"I like long walks on the beach, and my sign is Virgo"

lol!

Don't tell me you're trying to start up Star Wars speed dating here? Laughing

Actually, good idea Chris. You never know sometimes when other hobbies match that of other collectors. Just like the other day when Chris (xiskool) and i got talking a bit about photography.

As far as other collections go, Star Wars is certainly my first love, but I also dabble in Transformers. Most of my TF collection consists of G1 reissues (Mixture of U.S. and Japanese) that I've been picking up here and there since roughly 2002.

Another area that I dabble in, are Video Games. I don't take the time to actually play them that I would like, but the memories of growing up with the different consoles certainly help fuel the fire. I currently own a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis (Mega Drive), Sega CD, 32x, Saturn(Chipped), Dreamcast, and chipped Xbox. For current generation I own a 360. I like my consoles boxed with the original inserts and a few games that way. Most of the others I pick up at thrift stores or places like that.

Not long ago I picked up my first DSLR camera. I've been getting comfortable with that and with learning all the manual controls and such. It is something that I am enjoying, but know I still have a lot to learn. It would be great to get to a point where I could make some money with this as there is a lot of equipment that I would like to own, but the cost can really get up there.

I also like the outdoors, and like Chris, enjoy camping, fishing, etc. We certainly live in a great area for these kinds of activities.

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Nice idea for a thread Chris Smile and that's a great pastime taking in new beers and cigars! Great stuff.

Shawn that's cool you like vintage gaming as well as SW - and learning photography is a real plus.

For me my main collection area is vintage SW followed by collecting vintage annuals such as Marvel, Batman, Dr Who, Judge Dredd, +60s and 70s annuals allsorts. I have a large collection of Rupert Bear annuals from present to 1966 - earlier ones than these command a premium so my collection has halted for a while - the first Rupert annual was 1936 so a long way still for me to go! I also have a small collection of modern Dr Who figures and some vintage vinyl LPs.
After hoarding comes drumming and some guitar - I've played in dozens of bands now - started drumming when I was 15, and over the years have been lucky to play shows with the likes of The Hollies, Sweet, Hanoi Rocks, Editors, Maximo Park, and was lucky lucky lucky DJ Shadow used one of my samples too! I love the Shadow! Just moved to France with the family so will be looking to hang out with some French musos now lol. Other stuff is artwork and looking after my little boy Louis - he's so cool Cool
:drumroll:

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Great Thread

Well where do I begin? I was born in a small village outside of Nambia in 1923. I had a normal childhood growing up with a commune of quarter brothers and sisters numbering 259. We enjoyed building our own homes, milking alpacas, and touring the hillsides as the only 259 person barber shop quartet. I stayed there until I turned 14 and then went off to join the foriegn legion and fight in the war. I was stationed in Antarcita where I lead a brigade of pygmies across the frozen tundra.

In an ironic twist, my orders were mixed with the Japanesse foreign legions and I was ordered to asassinate the Emperor. Instead of the Emperor of Japan, I successfully overthrew an Emperor Pengiun and stayed on to govern the land for 30yrs. I was called "Berizinguin" and was a great emperor until I was overthrown by a wayward Ewe.

I floated on an iceburg until 1968 when I floated into San Francisco. Since I floated on ice for 18 months surviving on the meat of baby harp seals and floating corpses from a Russian tanker that capsized. my long hair and beard made me an instant hippie and I started a commune in the San Fernando Valley. The commune was comprised of 32 Yeti and a traveling troupe of people claiming to be the worlds tallest midgets. With an average height of 6' 1" they didnt draw much of a crowd but they were excellent at sewing and they made custom T Shirts and Serapis that we sold during San Fransisco Giants games. We used the money for food. We took those coins and dollars and make a delightful stew that we all enjoyed. After 2 years one member pointed out that our commune was in a K Mart parking lot and that they sold food. We ate very well that night. Things died down after 3 of our finest designers left. I dont think they made anything of themselves but I'll always remember my time with Johnny Polo, Ralphie Loren and some guy named hillfigger something.

Realizing that I needed money, I decided to invent a complex system of transmitting data and voice through airwaves. It worked great except nobody cared. I exchanged the idea to a guy named WIllian FInch in return for a nice roast beef sandwich platter. I ate everything except for a tiny peapod. I thought it looked like a microphone. I went to my buddy Johnny Jobs house and we pretended we were famous singers. His little brother Steve came in and tried to sing into it!!! I was so upset. I took it and yelled at little Stevie Jobs. I said it's mine!! It's MY POD! MY POD! I can sing into it so my music on my pod. What a looser he was. Bet he's pumping gas somewhere.

So I was paid to get frozen and stay in Walt Disneys cryogenic chamber while Walt went from orgy to orgy in the 70's and then was coked out of his mind for the entire 80's. Well 1989 came around and we switched places. I was free to do what I wanted. The world was my oyster! So I bought an Oyster bought will all my money and set sail. It crashed and sunk after 30 minutes at sea. I was broke once again.

Well the rest of my story gets a little crzay but needless to say, I ended up here.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Awesome idea for a thread Chris Smile

About me -

Well the ONLY hobby i have is vintage SW i had dabbled with a few other lines once but they never did anything for me. If i had to pick one other line i may get the odd item from it would be transformers.

Im 31 (32 next January) I worked in Coaching Training and Management for big blue chip companies for the last 10 years in Summer 2009 i was made redundant for the 3rd time (corparate restucturing eh lol) and decided it was time to do something different so i set up a PVI Company with my friend working to deliver goverment contracts supporting socially isloated young people in the Tees Valley. In 2010 we have helped over 100 18 - 24 years who were long term unemployeed into employment. The people we help can have backgrounds varying from University education to ex offenders the common denominator is nobody has ever worked with them to make them job ready and thats what we focus on. Its a really busy time for me i have just recruited 35 lads to work as Painting, Decorating, Maintaince Support Workers who will provide out reach home help to socially isolated individuals and the elderly so im in for a very tesing month!

I have lived with my partner louise for the last 6 years and we own a modest home in a quite area opposite a park which suits us well as i have 2 crazy boxers dogs! I tend to spend a lot of weekends taking them to the sea / beach or our local river where we go swiming.

Sports wise im footbal crazy i support Middlesbrough FC thats where im from originally and its where i work now. I watch pretty much any game i can get my hands on and love the Champions League! My other sporting passion is MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) I go to a local club and watch the UFC whenever i can. An obscure fact - back when i was 17 i won the Gold for Fighting in the Tang Soo Do National Championships for my weight class in the Black Belt Divsion.

I dont have any children (im still abit selfish but i never say never) but i do have a cracking 2 year old Nephew (hes my full sisters son) who i spend a lot of time with a recently sorted him out some vintage beaters which he loveds and got him into the clone wars series.

Jay

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:05 am

I moved this thread to Vintage Chat for a bit and have bumped it now just in case anyone had missed it first time round Smile

Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Ok - my turn.

Not posted on here much but have been lurking for a while.

Im 36, been living with my partner (Joy) for 6 yrs or so..no kids (yet).
I run the credit control department for a recruitment agency - been with the company for 11 yrs.

My only SW collecting interest is debut film MOC's. I am slowly changing to non-kenner cards but this will take a while because i seem to drift in and out of collecting these days.

My other interest is football...im a season ticket holder at Middlesbrough & also follow England.

Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

My turn

I am 37 living in Coventry, i have been with my present Partner(Helena) for 12 years and due to wed next July, we have 3 amazing children, Katie 11, Callum 7, Chloe 5. I have worked at LandRover for 16 years as a maintenance engineer, it my resonabilty to keep the facility going and make sure it dosent breakdown.

I used to keep a reef tank, but recently closed it down, due to lack of time, our other pets are 3 guinea pigs and 1 Rat. my other intrests are football and cricket, i support Manchester United, but only from the armchair, apart from Star Wars some of my other fave films are LOTR, James Bond, Terminator series,

Carl

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 am

Good to find out more about you guys Smile

Vernon another Boro fan! There must be around 10 - 15 lads on the forum from the North East now!

PostSubject: Re: OT - Get to know each other   OT - Get to know each other I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - Get to know each other

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-