The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

AFA 80?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

AFA 80? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFA 80?   AFA 80? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 am

@jaymassive619 wrote:

Chris good to hear Tom went in and sorted it out a few years back and got it all tightened up Smile

Jay

Are you sure about that, Jay? If you look at the dates the MOC's in question were graded it seems that the problem still stands regardless of Tom's efforts.

@Joe_O wrote:

Serial Number: 13122580
Date Graded: Aug 05, 2010
Grade 80
Blister: 75
Figure: 85
Card: 80
Year: 1983
Company: PALITOY
Series: STAR WARS
Title: TRI-LOGO
Name: BIKER SCOUT

Serial Number: 12983950
Date Graded: Mar 28, 2008
Grade 80
Blister: 80
Name: 8D8
Variation: CLIPPER OFFER

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

AFA 80? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFA 80?   AFA 80? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:12 am

@Yzerman wrote:
@jaymassive619 wrote:

Chris good to hear Tom went in and sorted it out a few years back and got it all tightened up Smile

Jay

Are you sure about that, Jay? If you look at the dates the MOC's in question were graded it seems that the problem still stands regardless of Tom's efforts.

@Joe_O wrote:

Serial Number: 13122580
Date Graded: Aug 05, 2010
Grade 80
Blister: 75
Name: BIKER SCOUT

Serial Number: 12983950
Date Graded: Mar 28, 2008
Grade 80
Blister: 80
Name: 8D8
Variation: CLIPPER OFFER

I didnt realise the Bikerscout MOC was Graded in 2010 Tommy i thought it was a few years back and Chris said Tom had gone into sort it out then.

I can believe that the bikerscout MOC was only grade 2 months ago! For me its a beater MOC i just can understand how it would achieve an AFA 80 ? :scratch:

Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

AFA 80? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFA 80?   AFA 80? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:11 am

I got a reply from Chad at AFA about my 70 Scouty and this 80 one in question

"What are the serial numbers on those 2 items? Just so you know, we have been grading for over 10 years now and our grading has changed some. We try to do everything possible to stay as consistent as possible including having the items looked at by many graders and coming to a consensus on the grades. We are human though so sometimes something might be off a little. We do tell all of our customers that if they think that we might have misgraded their item, they can send it back to us for a free grade review and if it was misgraded we will regrade and case it for free....so keep that in mind for the future:)

Let me know if I can help with anything else and thanks for letting me know as I welcome any constructive ideas that you guys have...no offense taken:)"

So I've sent him the 2 grading numbers from mine and the 80's one so see what he say. I know everyones human and understand that part but surely they should go through a final meeting to get a consistency for the final grade? He does say that they can be re-graded for free too.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

AFA 80? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFA 80?   AFA 80? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, the original Biker Scout in this thread got sold for $55 - Biker $55

Obviously he wasn't happy with that price so he backed out and it's up again for $109.95 - Biker 109.95

Now, I think $55 considering it looks like a heap of poop is pretty good, I just bought a nicer one for $40, so add an acrylic case and it seems like a decent price. I would be annoyed if I was the buyer on the original auction now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AFA 80? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFA 80?   AFA 80? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFA 80?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-