The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-05-13
Location : Upstate NY

London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale Empty
PostSubject: London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale   London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101027/ap_on_en_mo/eu_britain_darth_vader

Any of you guys going to purchase this Vader costume for a few hundred thousand?
I for one have never in my life wanted to win the lottery so badly!!!
:awe: :awe: :awe:
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale   London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:43 am

@Jetson wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101027/ap_on_en_mo/eu_britain_darth_vader

Any of you guys going to purchase this Vader costume for a few hundred thousand?
I for one have never in my life wanted to win the lottery so badly!!!
:awe: :awe: :awe:

Very cool my only concern is this statement on the link - "Christie's said Wednesday that the costume is thought to have been made for "The Empire Strikes Back," the second film in George Lucas's sci-fi series, released in 1980."

Surely the would know exactly which movie the costume was used on and (assuming there was a few suits) which scenes?
Its seems a bit vague to me if i was dropping 150K - 230K i would want a cast iron assurance and documentary evidence to show the item was 100% genuine and used on screen.

Jay

_________________________________________________
***THIS PROFILE IS UNMONITORED*** Please contact Darthberizing
Back to top Go down
Justin H
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit


Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-05-31

London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale   London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:14 am

i noticed that, thought it would have a bit more detail to which film it,s from, and wheres the boots gone, i reckon those clowns Jedward will buy it
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale   London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:20 am

@Justin H wrote:
i noticed that, thought it would have a bit more detail to which film it,s from, and wheres the boots gone, i reckon those clowns Jedward will buy it

LOL Justin god i hate those idiots!

Hasnt it sold?

Its was on page 2 of the Daily Mirror the other day?


_________________________________________________
***THIS PROFILE IS UNMONITORED*** Please contact Darthberizing
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4622
Join date : 2009-10-29

London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale   London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:11 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:


Very cool my only concern is this statement on the link - "Christie's said Wednesday that the costume is thought to have been made for "The Empire Strikes Back," the second film in George Lucas's sci-fi series, released in 1980."

Surely the would know exactly which movie the costume was used on and (assuming there was a few suits) which scenes?
Its seems a bit vague to me if i was dropping 150K - 230K i would want a cast iron assurance and documentary evidence to show the item was 100% genuine and used on screen.

Jay

After reading what Shane and Bill said in the RS thread it looks like my original thoughts about this were right.

Does anyone know how much it went for?

Jay

_________________________________________________
***THIS PROFILE IS UNMONITORED*** Please contact Darthberizing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale   London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

London Auction - Original Vader Costume For Sale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-