The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:02 pm

That black line is amazing. They really do look amazing. Still I've got no desire for any of them. I really have no connection to stuff after the original line. I'm glad you guys do though, it keeps the line alive!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:22 pm

I have to agree Bill, the upcoming 6" Black Series looks VERY impressive based on the prototypes they showed at Toy Fair. The larger size seems to allow them to really add some amazing detail!

R2-D2 -- Sandtrooper -- Luke X-Wing -- Darth Maul

@sithtoys wrote:
I have a question for people that have been collecting the POTF2+ lines. Are there any known variations (packaging,
production, rolling changes, etc) that you are still looking for ? A lot of people discount the modern line, but in my experience
some of those variations are still some of the rarest SW pieces around.

Basically the only modern carded figures I collect these days are Vader for my focus, and there's so many I still have left to find.

For example, the POTJ 'World Character Convention' Dagobah Vader is pretty cool, I always love variants that have a unique sticker added the front for display.

Another would be the ROTS 'Hobby Japan' III-11 Darth Vader, the Japanese stickers have that exotic feel to them.

There's all sorts of POTF2 variants too that I'll eventually track down as well.

Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm

@JesseVader08 wrote:

Basically the only modern carded figures I collect these days are Vader for my focus, and there's so many I still have left to find.
For example, the POTJ 'World Character Convention' Dagobah Vader is pretty cool, I always love variants that have a unique sticker added the front for display.
Another would be the ROTS 'Hobby Japan' III-11 Darth Vader, the Japanese stickers have that exotic feel to them.
There's all sorts of POTF2 variants too that I'll eventually track down as well.

Those are great examples. When I did an interview with Pete Vilmur for "Vader - The Ultimate Guide" I mentioned those Japanese
toy/Con specific exclusives. I'm *still* looking for some of those pieces, and considering that I'm actively looking .. that's really
a testament to how rare they are.

Bill
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 pm

The Black line looks very nice.. Sadly, a Jawa is NOT in the mix.. Expletive moron comment will follow of course..

Concerning the modern line, I love it, specifically pre-production items. Last count, I have thirty-three pre-production items. Considering the Jawa is a minor character, that is a huge accomplishment..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:09 am

@sith jawa wrote:
The Tie Interceptor looks great... A very honorable nod to the Vintage line. Where the hell is the Sandcrawler???

Here you go!

[img]OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 Jawasa10[/img]

Unfortunately, this is just a concept designed by a member on RS. But I'm sure it will arrive...one day!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am

@sithtoys wrote:
@JesseVader08 wrote:

Those are great examples. When I did an interview with Pete Vilmur for "Vader - The Ultimate Guide" I mentioned those Japanese
toy/Con specific exclusives. I'm *still* looking for some of those pieces, and considering that I'm actively looking .. that's really
a testament to how rare they are.

Bill

Agreed. For the Vader focus collector willing to venture into modern figures, there is a huge variety! One 'rare' item I picked up cheaply was the Vader sculpt from the 'SOTE Prince Xizor Vs Vader' comic pack, on a POTF2 cardback. At one time this figure/card combo was comanding relatively high prices.

For anyone wishing to buy POTF2 items, now is a good time as it is currently a buyers market!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 am

My latest modern piece (I would have prefered it if the box was the same dimensions as my vintage one).
[img]OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 Dscn6110[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread   OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - The TIG Modern Star Wars Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2